tati_mike

I-134 SUPPORT

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

HI I HAVE A CO-SPONSOR SINCE I DID NOT MAKE ENOUGHG MONEY,BUT MY CO SPONSOR HAS 2 CHILDS AS DEPENDANT ON HIS INCOME TAX,PLUS MY FIANCEE AND HER SON MY CO-SPONSOR DID $28,800.00 ON 2010 AND 33K PLUS ON 2009 AND 2008 WILL THIS BE ENOUGH OR WHAT ELSE DO I NEED SINCE I ONLY DID 15K PLEASE HELP.AND IF I NEED ASSETS HOW MUCH MONEY DO I NEED IN THE BANK THANKS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The income requirement for 5 people is $32,712. That is the amount that your joint sponsor would need to be earning to cover himself, 2 children, your fiancee, and the fiancee's son.

Is the joint sponsor self employed or does he earn a wage/salary?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The income requirement for 5 people is $32,712. That is the amount that your joint sponsor would need to be earning to cover himself, 2 children, your fiancee, and the fiancee's son.

Is the joint sponsor self employed or does he earn a wage/salary?

WAGE/SALARY HIS W2 WAS FOR 38K PLUS BUT HIS 1040 SHOWS LIKE 10K IN DEDUCTIONS,SO HIS TOTAL INCOME IN LINE 22 OF THE 1040 IS $28844.

Timeline

If he is not self employed then the current gross wages are what is considered.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

If he is not self employed then the current gross wages are what is considered.

SO LIKE ME I WORK FOR A COMPANY BUT I GET PAY WITH 1099 AND MY 1099 WAS FOR 30K BUT I HAD LIKE 20 K IN DEDUCTIONS SO MINE WILL NO WORK OR WILL MINE WORK? THANK YOU

Timeline

As a contractor you are filing as self employed. In that case it's line 22 of the most recent year's tax return.

If the joint sponsor gets a W2, then they want to see what the current annualized income will be, not last year's income.

Timeline

As a contractor you are filing as self employed. In that case it's line 22 of the most recent year's tax return.

If the joint sponsor gets a W2, then they want to see what the current annualized income will be, not last year's income.

HEY THANK YOU VERY MUCH THAT GIVES ME A RELIFE HIS LAST PAY STUBS ARE FOR $979.00 EACH AND THEY ARE BASE ON A WEEKLY BASES SO I GUESS THIS IS FINE RIGHT?

HEY THANK YOU VERY MUCH THAT GIVES ME A RELIFE HIS LAST PAY STUBS ARE FOR $979.00 EACH AND THEY ARE BASE ON A WEEKLY BASES SO I GUESS THIS IS FINE RIGHT?

1 MORE QUESTION DO I STILL NEED TO SUBMIT ALL MY DOCUMENTS LIKE MY TAX RETURN AND MY EMPLOYMENT AND BANK STATMENTS AND ALL THAT. THANK YOU

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Questions regarding a specific consulate or questions regarding the consular process (I-134 is a consular issue) are best posted in the consulate forum, moving this thread

YMMV

Timeline

HI MY CO SPONSOR HAS A W2 FOR 38,000.00 HE HAS 2 DEPENDANTS PLUS MY FIANCEE AND HER CHILD FOR A COMBINED HOUSEHOLD OF 5 SO WE NEED 32K+.NOW MY QUESTION IS HE HAD AN INCOME LOSS OF $10.000 DUE TO A BUSINESS HE HAD AND IS SHOWING ON HIS 1040.DO THEY LOOK AT THAT LOSS TO SEE HIS BOTTOM INCOME OR DO THEY ONLY LOOK AT THE W2?.........LAST 3 PAY STUBS ARE FOR $979.00 EACH(WEEKLY BASES).

PLEASEEEEEE HELPPPPPP

Timeline

HI MY CO SPONSOR HAS A W2 FOR 38,000.00 HE HAS 2 DEPENDANTS PLUS MY FIANCEE AND HER CHILD FOR A COMBINED HOUSEHOLD OF 5 SO WE NEED 32K+.NOW MY QUESTION IS HE HAD AN INCOME LOSS OF $10.000 DUE TO A BUSINESS HE HAD AND IS SHOWING ON HIS 1040.DO THEY LOOK AT THAT LOSS TO SEE HIS BOTTOM INCOME OR DO THEY ONLY LOOK AT THE W2?.........LAST 3 PAY STUBS ARE FOR $979.00 EACH(WEEKLY BASES).

PLEASEEEEEE HELPPPPPP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K1 to US Embassies forum as I-134 should be posted there *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

What is his current income? 40k (annual)?

(BTW - use of the "CAPS LOCK" key should not be used when posting a message - makes it hard to read - Do not leave it on for the entire message)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

What is his current income? 40k (annual)?

(BTW - use of the "CAPS LOCK" key should not be used when posting a message - makes it hard to read - Do not leave it on for the entire message)

YES,ITS A LITTLE OVER 40K BUT HIS LAST W2 WAS FOR 38,800.00

So he makes enough then - just will need to prove current income - however - with 38K - that meets the level needed for 5.

guess your caps lock key is broken or stuck...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.