DiZZyLoX

2010 Decemberite K-1 AOSers

442 posts in this topic

WHAT'S IN YOUR AOS PACKET? (Updated)

Here's what's in ours:

• I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
  • G-1145, E-Notification of Application Acceptance
  • I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
  • I-131, Application for Travel Document (AP)
  • SS-5, Social Security Administration Application for Social Security Card
  • G-325A, Biographic Information
  • I-864, Affidavit of Support
  • DS-3025 (Completed at K-1 Medical) (in lieu of I-693)
  • I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (just in case DS-3025 isn't complete)
  • 6 passport photos (total)
  • Cover page
  • Statement of why we need AP
  • Photocopies of Marriage License (certified), Immigrant Birth Certificate, Passport biographical pages, NOA2, I-94, and K1 Visa page
  • Tax Transcripts
  • Employment Letter
  • Pay Stubs
  • Big fat check for $1070

That's my list!

Updated from last post. I had some errors in my previous post that wouldn't let me update :( Please disregard it :o

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

That's a good list. It's good to be prepared :) If you'd like, you can click on my AOS guide. I enumerated all the steps I did from POE onwards. It's in my signature. Of course, I also just based it on the guides here on VJ, which is the best :)

Awesome blog and wonderful guide!!!

---

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Awesome blog and wonderful guide!!!

I was confused, thought I was in the decemberite K-1 AOSers thread, but not so, I was lost!! Like walking into the wrong house and starting a conversation.. I was wondering about all of those strangers..

I was confused, thought I was in the decemberite K-1 AOSers thread, but not so, I was lost!! Like walking into the wrong house and starting a conversation.. I was wondering about all of those strangers..

lol this is the AOS thread! You just wait until everyone's married! It will pick up ;)

Meanwhile there's LOTS of information on AOS in the first post and throughout the first 3 pages here.

---

---

He was trying to hint to you that despite two months passing on this thread, it still hasn't been noticed that your thread title is backdated a year from when intended. I can't quite decide what is more humorous - that people have gotten this OCD about the process to create a thread for 6 months out, that in the quest to be so super organized that the thread title is backdated... or that all the thread followers either don't have the heart to mention it or have't noticed themselves :D

In short - your title says 2010 when I think you meant 2011 :P

Timeline

He was trying to hint to you that despite two months passing on this thread, it still hasn't been noticed that your thread title is backdated a year from when intended. I can't quite decide what is more humorous - that people have gotten this OCD about the process to create a thread for 6 months out, that in the quest to be so super organized that the thread title is backdated... or that all the thread followers either don't have the heart to mention it or have't noticed themselves :D

How funny, you really don't "get it" do you? :rofl:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It's the correct name, this forum was started as an off-shoot of the December 2010 K1 forum. To segregate the information pertaining to the K1 petition from the AOS, we started a second forum. To indicate that it pertains to the community of December 2010 K1 filers that we have developed, it was named "2010 Decemberite K-1 AOSers". We wanted to stick together through the AOS process too so future dating didn't make sense. We all started in December 2010, but we will all AOS at different times due to the amount of time it takes at VSC versus CSC and the backlogs at some embassies.

Easy mistake to make though...no harm, no foul!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

We wanted to stick together through the AOS process too so future dating didn't make sense. We all started in December 2010, but we will all AOS at different times due to the amount of time it takes at VSC versus CSC and the backlogs at some embassies.

That's great that you want to stick together but you will all file AOS at different times due to the reason you mentioned, plus some people will wait longer to entry the US or get married later or wait longer to file AOS. As the result, some people will be already done with AOS and will have GCs in hand while other will be just starting the process. It makes more sense to follow people that will file AOS in the same month as you so you can compare timelines and track each other's progress. But like I said, nothing wrong with sticking together even after K-1. Good luck to all! :)

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It makes more sense to follow people that will file AOS in the same month as you so you can compare timelines and track each other's progress. But like I said, nothing wrong with sticking together even after K-1. Good luck to all! :)

Participation in this thread does not preclude us from also participating in other threads for people going through the AOS process at the same time. Participation in this thread will, however, allow those of us who go through the process later than others to benefit from their experiences and learn in a comfortable environment where they've already interacted with the other thread members over the course of this year. Trust me, we ask a lot of repetitive or kind of dumb questions. This thread at least lets us cheer each other on and learn from each other without judgement.

This thread may not be very active now, but trust me, it will be. Check out our k1 thread, it got so big VJ had to shut it down and make us start a part 2. We interact a lot, and segregating those interactions in our own format allows us to keep in touch more easily and follow each others journeys more easily.

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Yeah, like I said, nothing wrong with that! :)

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

I think its great that you guys are sticking together throughout this process!! :) I think I've developed a bond with my fellow April filers as well :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Participation in this thread does not preclude us from also participating in other threads for people going through the AOS process at the same time. Participation in this thread will, however, allow those of us who go through the process later than others to benefit from their experiences and learn in a comfortable environment where they've already interacted with the other thread members over the course of this year. Trust me, we ask a lot of repetitive or kind of dumb questions. This thread at least lets us cheer each other on and learn from each other without judgement.

This thread may not be very active now, but trust me, it will be. Check out our k1 thread, it got so big VJ had to shut it down and make us start a part 2. We interact a lot, and segregating those interactions in our own format allows us to keep in touch more easily and follow each others journeys more easily.

Nicely put Bec, thank you..

I meant 2010. But you're welcome to hang out. Thread was made for a group of us that have supported each other the whole way. We know each other based on when we all filed for K-1. Nice to meet you, too.

Those that have benefited from this "decemberite" group know who they are and will be here to gather info once we've all gone through POE.

Doesn't matter that we'll file at all different times. What matters is we know we can count on each other to get through it, because we've already supported each other through the last 7 - 10 months.

Edited by DiZZyLoX

---

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.