Mehmet.Turkey

DV 2011 Question if anyone can answer

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

Wooow 39000 is alot of people :( maybe she will get it in september

Now that the results of DV2012 has been withdrawn her chances have diminished significantly. She'll have to be drawn again and then the whole thing starts all over again.

Australia

Migrated - 2006

Citizenship - 2009

USA

Visa Interview - 2010

Green Card - 2011

Migrated - 2012

Now that the results of DV2012 has been withdrawn her chances have diminished significantly. She'll have to be drawn again and then the whole thing starts all over again.

Not true - OP was talking about DV 2011 lottery, that's currently being processed until end of September 2011. Chances for her remain the same as indicated previously.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

She was DV-2011 I m not sure if this DV-2012 mass will effect her. Do you think it will effect somehow?

10/21/08 (Day 0) - Application Sent (I-130, I-485/I-864/I-693, I-765)

10/22/08 (Day 1) - Received Date (USPS over night)

10/29/08 (Day 8) - Check Cashed

10/30/08 (Day 9) – Received NOA (I130-I485-I765) Dated 10/31/08

10/31/08 (Day 9) - I130, I765, ONLINE BUT I485

11/02/08 (Day 12)- Received Biometrics appointment scheduled 11/15/08

11/07/08 (Day 17)- Biometrics Done Early walking in Norridge,Illinois

11/17/08 (Day 27)- Request for Evidence letter for I485 (they were asking for I94 Arrival record) It took 5 days to arrive online letter was sent 11/12/08

11/18/08 (Day 28)- Request Evidence is I94 sent along with I20,( I was a student), NON immigrant visa page on the passport, also, approval letter of F1 status, because i changed my status after i came to USA.

01/07/09 (Day 108) Card Production Order (Received email at 8:20) EAD

01/14/09 (Day 115) Card Production Ordered (another email saying EAD ordered again)

01/14/09 (Day 115)Interview Received March 9 at 11:00am Chicago office

01/16/09 (Day 117) EAD Received in the mail

03/09/09 Interview in Chicago (Day 169)

03/09/09 APPROVED (Day 169)

03/12/09 WELCOME LETTER RECEVIED I130 APPROVEL RECEIVED IN MAIL (Day 172)

03/19/09 (Day 179)- GREEN CART RECEIVED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/22/2011 I-751 Filed jointly to California

03/01/20100 I-751 NOA Received dated 02/23/2011

She was DV-2011 I m not sure if this DV-2012 mass will effect her. Do you think it will effect somehow?

NO, same chances as was said before - let us know what happens in September - highly unlikely she'd have her number current at that time.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

Not true - OP was talking about DV 2011 lottery, that's currently being processed until end of September 2011. Chances for her remain the same as indicated previously.

Oops.. my bad. You're quite right so she is still on track!

Australia

Migrated - 2006

Citizenship - 2009

USA

Visa Interview - 2010

Green Card - 2011

Migrated - 2012

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

One of Josephs visits to Lagos there was a familiy of 4 that had gone to their DV interview . The father was a shop owner and had borrowed the money to pay for the 4, which was several times their yearly income. The man was in such shock that he was having trouble walking, not only where his dreams dashed but he was in debt and had no way to pay these people back. While I was waiting for Joseph a young man that was a notary/accountant came from his failed DV interview and sat on the ground near me in tears that his education had been rejected.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The issue of on the job training is serious. Am afraid my family will not lose a whooping some of $4095! My wife won the dv2011 and our interview is few weeks from now. She is a qualified Fashion Designer with over 5 years experience. She does not have 5 credits at o level though she completed 12 years of education. Do we have a chance of receiving visas? She wrote a letter to Lagos consulate specifically asking this question but she was merely referred to the instructions on this at their website!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.