pedroh

Was the Hit on Bin Laden Illegal?

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Full Article

"The legality of the bin Laden hit is neither a pointless question nor a purely academic one. Our laws are meaningless if we don’t respect them. In a complex and dangerous world, a solid foundation of law helps ensure the peaceful coexistence of nations with ample reason to fear each other. In short, if we broke our laws in order to kill bin Laden, we risk the kind of behavior typical of a “rogue state.” And we all know how the world feels about rogue states."

very interesting read regarding international laws...

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I admire your raising of the question but Obama is in office now and the template just doesn't fit like it did with Bush.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I disagree with the premise of the article. There is no way this can be considered a political assasination. Al-Qaeda is a terrorist organization, not a political entity.

The message needs to be sent clearly and consistantly to these types of organizations. If you want to be treated as a political entity, act like one. And once they start attacking and killing innocent people, there is no going back. Bin Laden got more justice than he ever gave anyone. If someone else wants to step up and fill his shoes, they can have the target painted on their heads too.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I disagree with the premise of the article. There is no way this can be considered a political assasination. Al-Qaeda is a terrorist organization, not a political entity.

The message needs to be sent clearly and consistantly to these types of organizations. If you want to be treated as a political entity, act like one. And once they start attacking and killing innocent people, there is no going back. Bin Laden got more justice than he ever gave anyone. If someone else wants to step up and fill his shoes, they can have the target painted on their heads too.

Careful.

You're talking about the United States Government & Military in that statement.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Careful.

I was talking about terrorist organizations in general and Bin Laden specifically. You're welcome to see whatever you want to see, but don't blame me for that.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Careful.

AQ sympathies whoda-thunk-it? No wonder you hate the TSA...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was talking about terrorist organizations in general and Bin Laden specifically. You're welcome to see whatever you want to see, but don't blame me for that.

I see, so it's okay for the United States to kill thousands of innocent men, women, and children that disagree with our ideology, but just not okay for a for random organizations that are labelled by the CIA to do it. Gotcha.

See the difference between what certain 'nations' do and what certain 'terrorist organizations' do, is one has one label, the other has another. Yet they all do the exact same thing. Well, not quite. The countries have more money and more firepower.

Until the US stops meddling in affairs around the world that they have no business in, then we are no different than Al Qaeda.

AQ sympathies whoda-thunk-it? No wonder you hate the TSA...

sympathies? Hardly.

I have zero sympathy for invading other nations and committing hanus acts, no matter who is doing it.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Equating the US to AQ, you're a true patriot Paul, sorry for doubting you.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

well i think this article is not discussing if osama should have been killed or not.. this is about the legal implications of sending covert ops to another country.. I mean after all USA has to respect those laws as well, we're not above international law and just run like a world vigilante...

if it can be done, can any country then be running covert ops like this? or just America? and who gives America the right to be doing this? it's certainly a good question..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Pedroh I agree you're article and the legal questions surrounding the killing of Bin Laden are interesting.

Don't believe all the hype there was no cooperation from Pakistan though, their protests are role playing. Sadly Bin Laden was a hero to many in the area and the ME, and here we even see a few fans like Paul.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

I see, so it's okay for the United States to kill thousands of innocent men, women, and children that disagree with our ideology, but just not okay for a for random organizations that are labelled by the CIA to do it. Gotcha.

Your deductive reasoning skills are curious indeed.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

See the difference between what certain 'nations' do and what certain 'terrorist organizations' do, is one has one label, the other has another. Yet they all do the exact same thing. Well, not quite. The countries have more money and more firepower.

Until the US stops meddling in affairs around the world that they have no business in, then we are no different than Al Qaeda.

sympathies? Hardly.

I have zero sympathy for invading other nations and committing hanus acts, no matter who is doing it.

It's not easy being you.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

So it would be OK for Mexico to send an armed military team into the US to capture/kill a Mexican drug lord and just not tell us until it was over?

And the US has the right to kill whomever they deem to be a terrorist without a trial?

What if another country deemed Obama a terrorist? Could they just send a team to the US to kill/capture him with no trial and we would be OK with it?