anthill

Bypassing the NVC???

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I received the hard copy of my NOA2 a few days ago. The first line said "The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." There is no mention anywhere on my NOA2 about my petition being sent to NVC. This is my second approved I-129F for a Filpina. The rest of the wording on my NOA2 just explains that because this is my 2nd approved I-129F it has been added to a multiple visa petition database and says that when my fiancee enters the USA we have 90 days to marry. Has anyone else gotten a NOA2 like this?

Hi Everyone,

I received the hard copy of my NOA2 a few days ago. The first line said "The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." There is no mention anywhere on my NOA2 about my petition being sent to NVC. This is my second approved I-129F for a Filpina. The rest of the wording on my NOA2 just explains that because this is my 2nd approved I-129F it has been added to a multiple visa petition database and says that when my fiancee enters the USA we have 90 days to marry. Has anyone else gotten a NOA2 like this?

Yes, there're many posts on here asking that same question. It does go to NVC but usually doesn't stay there for long. Also yes they do list the number of petitions you've had approved, but this is the first time I've seen them talk about a database, so I guess they finally keep track of approved petitions. Congratulations!

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes it goes to the NVC. You can begin calling NVC to get your new case number and to see if they have forwarded it to your Embassy. You will receive a letter when they have sent it out. If you want to wait on the letter you can. I wasn't patience enough to wait lol. Good Luck to You!

event.png

event.png

No you may not get a letter but you can call them. There a little hard to get a hold of, I haven't looked up the number recently. Some recent posts on here mention there number.

Sometimes it takes a week or more to get to NVC.

I'm sure somebody here has got the number. Hopefully they'll respond, if not I'll dig it up.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

:lol:

I just posted the same question in the Philippines forum. And I pretty much got the exact same answer. I guess I'll start calling NVC soon to find out more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

NVC 1- 603-334-0700 (speak to an operator)

Your Embassy info you can be looking over to see your next steps http://www.visajourn...ines&cty=Manila

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So...I will get a letter from NVC saying my petition has been forwarded to Manila?

Yes. with an MNL number. ALL petitions go to NVC regardless of what the USCIS form letter says.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hi Everyone,

Anthill --I am happy to hear that you are proceeding with your petition . I wish you best of luck on the remainder of yr journey .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

My NOA2 Said that same thing, however it was sent to NVC and I got my case number already, now my question is what can I do with my case number? there is a website where you can check the status? I know that the embassy already got my packet cause I was able to track it down in DHL.com right now we are waiting on packet 3.

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

My NOA2 Said that same thing, however it was sent to NVC and I got my case number already, now my question is what can I do with my case number? there is a website where you can check the status? I know that the embassy already got my packet cause I was able to track it down in DHL.com right now we are waiting on packet 3.

No there isn't a website to check the status. The only way to get updates is by calling the number for NVC and asking them. There is an AVR system, but it isn't very reliable. You can use the online payment system for paying the fees and when your login no longer works for this that means your case has been completed and is on the way to the consulate.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I will be in the same situation as you, with respect to having filed for two I-129F's in the last 4 years. I am also glad to see that you are moving forward with your petition. It can be very hard being absent from the one you love and have many misunderstandings. That distance doesn't help for understanding each others circumstances well. I just had one today, but we worked it all out with. After I explained why we were fighting, she understood the rationale, and we are now going to be a bit more patient and understanding to each other. It is a pain to wait, but once we get over this hurdle, then a sense of normalcy will hopefully kick in. Good luck to you and I hope you both shall be truly happy with each other.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

No there isn't a website to check the status. The only way to get updates is by calling the number for NVC and asking them. There is an AVR system, but it isn't very reliable. You can use the online payment system for paying the fees and when your login no longer works for this that means your case has been completed and is on the way to the consulate.

Thank you very useful info

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So...I will get a letter from NVC saying my petition has been forwarded to Manila?

No that's what happent to me your cases is in nvc you have to call and ask is they receive your case and then you have to ask for your manilla cases number mnlXXXXXXXXXX and also ask the case hs been fowarded to the embassy in manilla you can down load the package 3 with the instruction and when the cases is inthe embassy you can send to them via fax the form ds-2100 and ds-230 the fisrt is include in the package 3 the other you have to look in the internet and when you have all the papers requires inthe pack 3 and when the case arrived fisiccaly to the embasy you canfax the two form ds-2100 and ds-230

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.