476 posts in this topic

How much is the adjustment status? and where can I find out more info about it , like the process how long does it takes , and how do I have after Getting married?

Moo

dancin5hr.gif

Hey guys, got a question! Maybe anybody came across this! So if USCIS requests the INitial Evidence and then we send it and for some reason they still don't like, do you get in in trouble for that or they just send you another request? Mine is regarding I-864

Hey guys, got a question! Maybe anybody came across this! So if USCIS requests the INitial Evidence and then we send it and for some reason they still don't like, do you get in in trouble for that or they just send you another request? Mine is regarding I-864

09/14/13 Mailed I-130/ 485/ EAD

09/19/13 Email notification for the receipt of all the forms

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey everybody!!

So I'm here getting ready for my moving date to the USA in a couple days and I was going though the whole AOS procedure and forms that we need to send...

Everything went fine until I got to the I864 Affadavit of support.

My fiancee meets the imcome requirements as far as bringing home more than the 125% of the poverty guideness so that is not a problem...the problem is: the taxes...

I'm writting you guys to see if anybody found themselves in the same situation or anybody can give us a hand on what to do...

Me and my fiancee (as I want to think most of you guys) met each other in Spain (my country) because he was working here. This past tax year (2012) he filled for the tax return as we thought that that was the only year that USCIS was going to require in the form...

To my sourprise, when I've read it I see that there's need to introduce information about most recent year (2012) (we got it) and the following 2nd and 3rd most recent years (wich my fiancee didn't file for those for the following reasons)

So now we gotta file for back taxes of those years...For what I've read that is not a big issue especially because he didn't make enough money overseas to owe nothing to IRS because he could excempt himself as a Foreign Earned Exclusion, so I think is just going to be filling it and waiting to receive a IRS-generate tax return transcript documenting the late filling before submiting I-864...

idk, if I made myself clear since i'm not very familiar with USA tax law and my english is not great...but I really hope somebody can tell us what they think about it...

Would solve the situation if my future mother in law joint-sponsor us? Or we still need to send info from my fiancee...

Anybody is in the same situation?

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

How much is the adjustment status? and where can I find out more info about it , like the process how long does it takes , and how do I have after Getting married?

Moo

Hey.I am currently an f1 student in the USA and i just applied for my AOS.So approximately its about 1500 dollars for it.This includes,I-485,I-131,I-130,I-765 crying.gif Go to the USCIS website it will tell you what you nedd.The whole process takes about 6 months and for the EAD and AP cards about 90 days

event.png

Met my lovely prince charming in 2008luv.gifdancin5hr.gif

Best friends until may 2012(we started dating)

Got engaged in feb in vegasrose.gifheart.gif

9.9.2013 Married heart.gif

10.1.2013 Mailed AOS(i-131,i-130,i-765,i-485)

10.2.2013 Chicago lock box received and signed our package

10.6.2013 Checks cashed and account overdrawnrofl.gifoops8rh.gif

10.11.2013 Hard copies of NOA's received for all 4 forms without even receiving emails or texts although we filed G-1145

10.12.13 Biometrics appointment on 11/6/2013 Doing a walk in coz ain't nobody got time to wait one month idea9dv.gif

10.14.13 went to renew Drivers License with my NOA's.Got a permit.DL to be sent in mail within 30 days

10.15.13 Successful walk in biometric appointment

10.31.13 I485 Status changed to testing and interview while all the rest are still at initial review

11.27.13 (day 56) I-131 approved and on post decision activity while EAD is on card production #confused

12.06.13 the EAD/AP card combo arrived and was sent to my home country via DHL.I LEFT WITHOUT IT !!and i arrived in the US just fine dancin5hr.gif

01.27.14 Interview date in Oakland park,FL

02/10/14 Green Card Received

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone- my first time post....

So I recently got a Letter from the NVC saying that I needed to pay some fees due before they start processing.... However I will be applying for AOS (Since Im already in the US working on the H1B visa)

As I understand, I have to get a full medical examination done and have the civil sergeon complete the I 693 for me.

My questions:

1. Any reccomendations for a good civil surgeon in the Milwaukee downtown area?

2. Is a full physical examination required?

3. I have a records of all the vaccinations that I've had over the past 10 years (required by the various universities in the US)- Will this count towards anything?

BIG THANK YOU!!!

Hi,I am curently an f1 student in the US living here and i applied for my AOS.I did the medical exam before i sent out my i485.It is a full exam,Very quick,and please give the doctor your list of Vaccines and everything so that he can fill out the vaccine area of the formI live in florida.I paid 220 for mine,so please go to the uscis website and go to list of civil surgeons and search for one in your area.Here is the link

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

event.png

Met my lovely prince charming in 2008luv.gifdancin5hr.gif

Best friends until may 2012(we started dating)

Got engaged in feb in vegasrose.gifheart.gif

9.9.2013 Married heart.gif

10.1.2013 Mailed AOS(i-131,i-130,i-765,i-485)

10.2.2013 Chicago lock box received and signed our package

10.6.2013 Checks cashed and account overdrawnrofl.gifoops8rh.gif

10.11.2013 Hard copies of NOA's received for all 4 forms without even receiving emails or texts although we filed G-1145

10.12.13 Biometrics appointment on 11/6/2013 Doing a walk in coz ain't nobody got time to wait one month idea9dv.gif

10.14.13 went to renew Drivers License with my NOA's.Got a permit.DL to be sent in mail within 30 days

10.15.13 Successful walk in biometric appointment

10.31.13 I485 Status changed to testing and interview while all the rest are still at initial review

11.27.13 (day 56) I-131 approved and on post decision activity while EAD is on card production #confused

12.06.13 the EAD/AP card combo arrived and was sent to my home country via DHL.I LEFT WITHOUT IT !!and i arrived in the US just fine dancin5hr.gif

01.27.14 Interview date in Oakland park,FL

02/10/14 Green Card Received

Hello everyone,

My name is Joyce, lives here in Florida.. I sent my AOS petition by August this year, and I got requested for RFE because my husband's signature was missed on affidavit of support and we did send it back right away. Now, I am so sad again because when I checked my status online, its on RFE again.. I don't know what to do now, please help me understand that its not bad or something? I am so worried.... cray5ol.gif cray5ol.gif cray5ol.gif

thank you!!

Hello everyone,

I am same thing as you, I guess

My name is Joyce, lives here in Florida.. I sent my AOS petition by August this year, and I got requested for RFE because my husband's signature was missed on affidavit of support and we did send it back right away. Now, I am so sad again because when I checked my status online, its on RFE again.. I don't know what to do now, please help me understand that its not bad or something? I am so worried.... cray5ol.gif cray5ol.gif cray5ol.gif

thank you!!

thank you!!

Give it few days, maybe they have not updated your status online from the time they received your RFE response.

F2a Son of LPR (brother)

1-20-12-- Priority Date

6-11-13-Approval Date

09-06-13-Case Complete

09-07-13- Expedite Request @ NVC (approved)

09-30-13-Case left NVC building (per CSR)

10-02-13- Case "In Transit" (CEAC)

10-08-13-Case " Ready"-Embassy received files

10-14-13- Called Embassy to set-up Interview. email confirmation same day

10-16-13-Medical Done (1day)

10-29-13- Interview Date -APPROVED

10-29-13- VISA ISSUED( CEAC)

11-04-03- VISA ON HAND

xx-xx-xx- POE

Im the USC. Petioned Mom on 10/2010

Mom's POE- 11/2011

Mom petitioned my brother (F2a) and sister (F2b)-Jan2012
Next is Dad (IR5).~ Journey Never Ends~

K1-2005

AOS-2006

ROC-2008

Naturalization-2009-2010

IR5-2010-2011

F2a-(brother) 2012-2013

F2b-(sister) PD 1/2012

F4- (sister)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Thanks for your answer!

We just came back from marrying at the clercks house and i saw that the marriage licence doesnt show my married name. It just shows my madien name and then obviously my husbands name...

When we asked the lady she said that the change has to be done at the ss office on my ss#. Now, we all know that social security wont let me change my name if i dont take (together with my marriage certificate) an immigration form with my new name on it...(call it EAD, call it GC...)

So my question is... How can i fill out the forms using my married name if my marriage licence doesnt show that name?

Do I just fill it that way cause with the marriage certificate they will have enough prove that my name has to be changed?

I dont know if im explaining myself... I just mean that before we goy married i tought that marriage certificate would come with my name as Eva + my now husbands lastname... And that that was needed to be able to fill out forms with married name, for after be able to receive EAD on my married name to be able to go back to ss office to change name on my ss card...

Is this normal situation? Do your marriage certificate shows your madien name or your marriage name?

Ahhhhhhh!!!!

Hi,

im so confused and overwhelmed by this AOS process... I dont know the time limitations and all that stuff... We were married October 12 and then went on a honeymoon for a week and i'm just starting to sort through the whole process... what is the DEADLINE for submitting the paperwork for the adjustment of status???? Im going to the social security office to get my name changed on monday and i'm waiting on that to change the lease into his name and so on.... I am getting so many conflicting responses from what i hear online... responses anywhere from one year after marriage to before the visa expires.... can somebody please point me in the right direction so i know how much time i have.. the answere of as soon as possible does not help me.. i need to know times...

there is also the i-94 that people keep talking about... and that expiration date.

please... i dont know what i'm doing here...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thread closed to additional discussion; pinned topics are meant for information and not general Q & A. If you have a question, please start your own thread.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.