Ban Hammer

Mississippi town figures out

95 posts in this topic

Slim, criminals have proven that they are not worthy of being full citizens of this nation. If you commit a violent act, you are a public risk.

It's pretty obvious you don't know jack ####### about the justice system in the US. What separates the criminals from the non criminals more times than naught is money for an attorney vs public defender.

School didn't teach you that one did it ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

If the police went out of their way to deprive people of their first amendment rights, then they aren't doing their jobs. Through a coordinated effort that goes beyond just police, they ignored crimes committed. I would say that is quite clearly not doing their jobs.

It clearly stated they were doing their job by interviewing the victim of the beating, attempting to get tow truck out to the scene of the blocked in cars, and holding suspects in alleged crimes.

That all sounds like good, solid police work to me.

Why would I need google? Simple assault is a misdemeanor, and considered a non-violent crime. I would suggest you take your own advice and look up the distinction between assault, and battery.

OK, I just googled it. I can't find anything on battery at all (here in Ohio) and nothing about simple assault either. Please prove me wrong.

Slim, criminals have proven that they are not worthy of being full citizens of this nation. If you commit a violent act, you are a public risk.

One violent act makes you a risk your entire life? Is that really what the citizens of this nation feel?

Right, and I guess in your mindset, Timothy McVeigh wasn't a domestic terrorist either, he was an uber patriot I suppose in your mind. But this also brings into light another point you brought up. Brian Denehey's character in that movie, the cop, was crooked. I can be critical of the police officer, and still support police in general. See how that works?

Timothy McVeigh was a Christian-extremist terrorist. Nothing like Rambo.

The cop in Rambo didn't follow the letter of the law the way the cops in Mississippi did.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

It clearly stated they were doing their job by interviewing the victim of the beating, attempting to get tow truck out to the scene of the blocked in cars, and holding suspects in alleged crimes.

That all sounds like good, solid police work to me.

Right, and i'm sure firing a weapon while inebriated sounded like a good idea too. :rolleyes:

OK, I just googled it. I can't find anything on battery at all (here in Ohio) and nothing about simple assault either. Please prove me wrong.

Slim, you can do your own homework, I found the legal definition of it on the first try.

One violent act makes you a risk your entire life? Is that really what the citizens of this nation feel?

Sorry Slim, thats the consequences of recklessly placing the lives of others in danger. There are reasons why rapists aren't allowed near women's shelters, and there is a reason why people with gun convictions aren't allowed to have guns.

Timothy McVeigh was a Christian-extremist terrorist. Nothing like Rambo.

Right, so I imagine you watch Red Dawn with your pants around your ankles.

The cop in Rambo didn't follow the letter of the law the way the cops in Mississippi did.

Neither of them did.

Indy.gif

Timeline

It's pretty obvious you don't know jack ####### about the justice system in the US. What separates the criminals from the non criminals more times than naught is money for an attorney vs public defender.

School didn't teach you that one did it ?

When I want to know about Alaska's unemployment benefits, I'll ask you Why_Me. If you don't know why criminals, especially violent criminals are restricted within society, then maybe you should refrain from commenting.

Indy.gif

When I want to know about Alaska's unemployment benefits, I'll ask you Why_Me. If you don't know why criminals, especially violent criminals are restricted within society, then maybe you should refrain from commenting.

If I want to know what cologne the boys on Hollywood and Vine prefer I'l be sure to ask you.

As far as "violent criminals" go....anyone can get a bad rap one time for the fact the defendant couldn't afford an attorney and had to ride with a public defender. It doesn't matter if the defendant was guilty or not.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

If I want to know what cologne the boys on Hollywood and Vine prefer I'l be sure to ask you.

As far as "violent criminals" go....anyone can get a bad rap one time for the fact the defendant couldn't afford an attorney and had to ride with a public defender. It doesn't matter if the defendant was guilty or not.

If you knew anything about he legal system, you would know that crimes have subsets that allow for a lesser charge to be filed. They use these charges when it truly is a case of someone having a screw up or a bad day. If your "one time" indiscretion involves a weapon or serious bodily injury, then you are going to jail. Just because it was a one time deal doesn't excuse the act. You can't get up in front of a judge and say "Sorry your honor, I was a dumbas$ that day". Money doesn't buy you freedom, but a good lawyer can really help. Maybe you can study the law a bit while collecting your unemployment benefits.

Edited by The Dude
Indy.gif

If you knew anything about he legal system, you would know that crimes have subsets that allow for a lesser charge to be filed. They use these charges when it truly is a case of someone having a screw up or a bad day. If your "one time" indiscretion involves a weapon or serious bodily injury, then you are going to jail. Just because it was a one time deal doesn't excuse the act. You can't get up in front of a judge and say "Sorry your honor, I was a dumbas$ that day". Money doesn't buy you freedom, but a good lawyer can really help. Maybe you can study the law a bit while collecting your unemployment benefits.

Usually if a peep has a public defender it goes like this... the judge will say you can take it to trial where you face a lot of time, and the chances of winning at trial with a public defender are about zero to none, or you can take a lesser rap but still end up with probation, classes, fines, etc... You get screwed either way. As far as a violent crime goes...sometimes it comes down to someones word against another persons word. And if you catch the wrong judge your screwed.

In my case I had a deal with the prosecutors office which is usually as good as gold. It was for 60 days time served. But seeing how the judge had a hard on against my brothers and a few cousins of mine, he went against the prosecutors recommendation and maxed me so that I ended up going to the joint. This was all after he gave time served to the two drug dealers who got busted for selling crack in a school zone for the umpteenth time.

I have about zero faith in the US justice system from first hand experience.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Usually if a peep has a public defender it goes like this... the judge will say you can take it to trial where you face a lot of time, and the chances of winning at trial with a public defender are about zero to none, or you can take a lesser rap but still end up with probation, classes, fines, etc... You get screwed either way. As far as a violent crime goes...sometimes it comes down to someones word against another persons word. And if you catch the wrong judge your screwed.

In my case I had a deal with the prosecutors office which is usually as good as gold. It was for 60 days time served. But seeing how the judge had a hard on against my brothers and a few cousins of mine, he went against the prosecutors recommendation and maxed me so that I ended up going to the joint. This was all after he gave time served to the two drug dealers who got busted for selling crack in a school zone for the umpteenth time.

I have about zero faith in the US justice system from first hand experience.

No offense, but that is not how it works. The district attorney will offer a deal, not the judge, the judge has no authority to generate such an offer. I don't know about Alaska, but here in California, not all of our public defenders are horrible lawyers. I have seen some really bad ones, but I have also seen some top notch public defenders. If someone is on trial for a major crime here, they will get a good attorney. You're not going to get some shlub who does a half ####### job of it either. Lawyers don't want to see their clients get convicted then turn around and have their client appeal the case based upon negligent defense.

Sounds like from your case, that you were a victim of small town politics.

Indy.gif

No offense, but that is not how it works. The district attorney will offer a deal, not the judge, the judge has no authority to generate such an offer. I don't know about Alaska, but here in California, not all of our public defenders are horrible lawyers. I have seen some really bad ones, but I have also seen some top notch public defenders. If someone is on trial for a major crime here, they will get a good attorney. You're not going to get some shlub who does a half ####### job of it either. Lawyers don't want to see their clients get convicted then turn around and have their client appeal the case based upon negligent defense.

Sounds like from your case, that you were a victim of small town politics.

California must be the lone exception.

In reality public defenders were last in their class, barley passed the bar and took a job with ####### wages not to mention they have case loads so big they don't even take time to learn an individuals name. Any lawyer with half a brain does litigation where the real money is at. Next to them are the ambulance chasers, then further down the ladder you have criminal and divorce lawyers...most decent criminal lawyers are former prosecutors who finally made it into private practice where the money is at,and then at the bottom of the barrel you have the public defenders who walk around in cheap ####### suits carrying a box full of case files making ####### money and could give two sh*ts less about who they are defending....they are just hoping you take the "deal" so they don't have to take time to go to trial where they are really going to sell you out seeing how they didn't have the time to even go over your case.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

California must be the lone exception.

In reality public defenders were last in their class, barley passed the bar and took a job with ####### wages not to mention they have case loads so big they don't even take time to learn an individuals name. Any lawyer with half a brain does litigation where the real money is at. Next to them are the ambulance chasers, then further down the ladder you have criminal and divorce lawyers...most decent criminal lawyers are former prosecutors who finally made it into private practice where the money is at,and then at the bottom of the barrel you have the public defenders who walk around in cheap ####### suits carrying a box full of case files making ####### money and could give two sh*ts less about who they are defending....they are just hoping you take the "deal" so they don't have to take time to go to trial where they are really going to sell you out seeing how they didn't have the time to even go over your case.

I suppose Alaska is different from the rest of the U.S. in that respect.

Indy.gif

I suppose Alaska is different from the rest of the U.S. in that respect.

Are you for real ? Seriously I'm not going to say on here that you don't have a brain one...but your not helping the case.

You think public defenders are top of the line attorney's ? LOL ? Seriously get a clue. They are the lowest paid peeps to pass a bar exam. That's nation wide. Unless LA county has more money than any other county in the US, they are paying their public defenders ####### money not to mention they are overloading them with cases.

You must be new to all this.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

Are you for real ? Seriously I'm not going to say on here that you don't have a brain one...but your not helping the case.

You think public defenders are top of the line attorney's ? LOL ? Seriously get a clue. They are the lowest paid peeps to pass a bar exam. That's nation wide. Unless LA county has more money than any other county in the US, they are paying their public defenders ####### money not to mention they are overloading them with cases.

You must be new to all this.

Some of them are. If it is a capital punishment the public defender will be a top notch attorney. Public defenders here aren't necissarily like the Law & Order television version like you seem to indicate. Many public defenders are actually private practice attorneys who will take a few public defense cases. It's a guaranteed paid retainer, and it is also a chance to take a high profile case. Yes, there are some horrible ones who really have no business practicing law, but to stereotype them all like that is disingenuous.

Indy.gif

Some of them are. If it is a capital punishment the public defender will be a top notch attorney. Public defenders here aren't necissarily like the Law & Order television version like you seem to indicate. Many public defenders are actually private practice attorneys who will take a few public defense cases. It's a guaranteed paid retainer, and it is also a chance to take a high profile case. Yes, there are some horrible ones who really have no business practicing law, but to stereotype them all like that is disingenuous.

It's similar here for bigger cases. For some reason private firms have to "donate an attorney" once a year for certain cases when their number comes up. The firm my mom worked for was all litigation (civil stuff), and none of them had criminal experience yet they still had to donate time on a case when it was their turn. So what they usually did was take the newest member...intern if you can call it that, and put them on it. This was a firm called "Perkins, Coy, Stone, Olsen, and Williams....they had a few offices in Cali..one in Frisco, Seattle, DC, Anchorage, etc... and here they make a ton of money doing..nothing other than filing motions and arguing #######, yet they have to donate time to the city. lol

sigbet.jpg