Ban Hammer

Mississippi town figures out

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Seems like too much effort to me. You can't stop nutters from being nutty.

But it still feels good to crack a nut from time to time

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Yes, because restricting the constitutional rights of those who are unpopular deserves a pat on the back!
Eh, that's only akin to your constitutional right to support the "wrong" team at a sporting event--I don't see anywhere that you have a constitutional right to not get some lumps (albeit, Rankin County gave it to them beforehand--but given their antics, it wasn't exactly undeserved). No restriction here!

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

Those damn Kansas drivers, always up to no good. :lol:

It sounds as if the letter of the law was followed exactly.

Police investigated the beating and the victim couldn't provide a description. Happens all the time. No witnesses? No surprise there either. Happens all the time.

Trucks blocking cars in parking lots. Police tried to respond but they didn't have enough tow trucks. Happens all the time.

Picked up some folks on suspicion of a crime and held them for a few hours. Perfectly legal. Happens all the time.

What's the problem here? You don't like it when the police follow the law?

Slim, being a veteran of the justice system, you should know the difference between collusion and following the letter of the law as you put it. I will assume that you are being facetious about the law being followed here.

Who shat on the constitution?

Slim, you should familiarize yourself with the first amendment of the constitution.

Everything the police did was legal. Not only that, it was protected by the constitution.

Refer to to the post above slim, your understanding of the constitution and legal system in general seems to be warped. Collusion is not legal, nor is depriving people of their first amendment rights.

I think the interesting question is: If you had been at the gas station when the guy got his "####### waxed", would you have said anything when the police asked questions?

I guess that would depend on whether the person was getting a brazilian or not :lol:

Indy.gif

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Collusion is still illegal Natty.

tow truck drivers can refuse to accept the business of moving a vehicle on private property ...

if the churchies wanted to voice their opinion ... they could have always walked ...

Edited by natty bumppo

Timeline

tow truck drivers can refuse to accept the business of moving a vehicle on private property ...

if the churchies wanted to voice their opinion ... they could have always walked ...

Natty, you might want to look up what collusion is.

Indy.gif

Slim, being a veteran of the justice system, you should know the difference between collusion and following the letter of the law as you put it. I will assume that you are being facetious about the law being followed here.

What makes you think this was collusion?

If we allow the government to have the right to detain us without charge, don't we allow them to do things like this?

Slim, you should familiarize yourself with the first amendment of the constitution.

I'm pretty familiar with it. What I do know, and what you've posted MULTIPLE times on this forum is (according to you and many others) when you break the law, you forefeit your rights.

Are you having a problem with them forefeiting their 1A rights or the fact that they had to forefeit any rights at all? Either way, you've championed the legal system's right to deny folks their rights for quite a while now.

Are you switching sides?

Refer to to the post above slim, your understanding of the constitution and legal system in general seems to be warped. Collusion is not legal, nor is depriving people of their first amendment rights.

Why do you think the police doing their job = collusion?

When the police did their job here, especially in my personal case, you celebrated their work. Are you now knocking the hard work of law enforcement?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I live here in Jackson, 10 miles from Brandon and it didn't happen like it was written in the link you posted. There was a lot of talk in the media here about what could happen and everyone was urged to just leave everyone else alone. I didn't hear or read about any violence or cars getting blocked or towed or anything like that. What we DID see and participate in was local folks showing their support for this family while they tried to grieve and say good-by to their son.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

What makes you think this was collusion?

If we allow the government to have the right to detain us without charge, don't we allow them to do things like this?

####### does that have to do with anything? Do you even know what collusion is Slim?

I'm pretty familiar with it. What I do know, and what you've posted MULTIPLE times on this forum is (according to you and many others) when you break the law, you forefeit your rights.

Are you having a problem with them forefeiting their 1A rights or the fact that they had to forefeit any rights at all? Either way, you've championed the legal system's right to deny folks their rights for quite a while now.

Are you switching sides?

Not at all slim. The rights that you forefit as a convict mostly pertain to public safety, you know, guns, schools etc. I have no problem with those. Free speech is another scenario. I have advocated for criminals to lose their right to own a gun. They have already proven unworthy of society's trust.

Why do you think the police doing their job = collusion?

When the police did their job here, especially in my personal case, you celebrated their work. Are you now knocking the hard work of law enforcement?

Seriously slim? The police did their job properly when they arrested you. In the case of the westboro people, they colluded along with other city and county agencies to deprive these people of their right to free speech. Just because you don't like what they have to say doesn't give you any right to shut them up. I despise these people, but their right to express themselves is greater.

Do you even know what collusion is Slim? From this post, i would say no, you don't.

Indy.gif

Filed: Timeline

Not in a small town...unless I was moving.....

My dad lived in a small town in MS and people knew if you belonged there or not. If you were from the town you kept your mouth shut or they would run you out of town. It was the weirdest place I've ever been.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

I think the interesting question is: If you had been at the gas station when the guy got his "####### waxed", would you have said anything when the police asked questions?

Not in a small town...unless I was moving.....

My dad lived in a small town in MS and people knew if you belonged there or not. If you were from the town you kept your mouth shut or they would run you out of town. It was the weirdest place I've ever been.

So there is a lot of this ####### waxing going on in small towns in Mississippi? Strange.

Indy.gif

####### does that have to do with anything? Do you even know what collusion is Slim?

I'm not the legal expert you are, but I'm pretty sure when you pass laws like bans on texting while driving, you open yourself up to allowing the police to do things like search your car for a cell phone because you refuse to hand it over.

Same applies in cases where the police are allowed to hold you - without charge - for an amount of time necessary to conduct an investigation. That's what happened in Mississippi, isn't it?

Not at all slim. The rights that you forefit as a convict mostly pertain to public safety, you know, guns, schools etc. I have no problem with those. Free speech is another scenario. I have advocated for criminals to lose their right to own a gun. They have already proven unworthy of society's trust.

So you have no problem with some rights being taken away but not all?

By your very argument, the cops in Mississippi did the right thing then. They held some "suspects" in custody for a while until after they determined them to not be a risk to public safety. That's perfectly legal. It's also what you've supported since cops can't possibly know what someone's done until after they conduct a thorough investigation.

Seriously slim? The police did their job properly when they arrested you. In the case of the westboro people, they colluded along with other city and county agencies to deprive these people of their right to free speech. Just because you don't like what they have to say doesn't give you any right to shut them up. I despise these people, but their right to express themselves is greater.

So some rights are greater than others, huh?

Who determines that? You? Me? SCOTUS?

Do you even know what collusion is Slim? From this post, i would say no, you don't.

Like I said, I'm not the legal expert you are but I'm pretty sure you need some evidence before you make charges. Where's yours?

So there is a lot of this ####### waxing going on in small towns in Mississippi? Strange.

Do you even know what Mississippi is, The Dude? From this post, i would say no, you don't.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, because restricting the constitutional rights of those who are unpopular deserves a pat on the back!

Seems OK with you if the persons being restricted are US citizen and legal resident firearms owners.

You either support the constitution or you don't. If you are going to use the constitution as an argument, then use it ALL the time. It is designed and intended to protect what is NOT popular. If you are "pro choice" then be "pro choice". Otherwise you just want to kill fetuses.

What the county officials did in Mississippi was wrong. I am very upset about it and may take legal action to protect the people who were oppressed.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla