Angel Eyes Yuseef

Questions for the CR-1 visa

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you want to keep it simple that's fine, but make sure you include letters from you and your husband. Although the RFE didn't ask for them, the lawyer did, and we both wrote very heartfelt letters about our relationship from beginning to end and our love for each other. The letters were very different but in the end they both spoke of our love and committment to each other. The lawyer put them on top of everything in the RFE packet, and we were approved very quickly, in three weeks...where other people had to wait two months or more. She saw those as being very important and she was right. There was no way anyone could read those letters and not know they came from the heart. Just my opinion :star:

I decided to keep it simple as possible. I other proof that i am adding is the basics i know they will ask for like pics, phone records and a few chats. I am not going to mention the other, only put it on the form. And surely I will have my husband prepared for every thing and anything. That is all i can do and let it go from there. Once i have the few papers I need from my husband, I will send it, finaly.

Edited by Lisamarie

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

And I know this is just your petition and not an RFE, but I'm just saying that I think the letters are really important and I wish I would've had them in my original packet. Anyway, we've already talked about all of this. I'm sure everything will be fine ;)

If you want to keep it simple that's fine, but make sure you include letters from you and your husband. Although the RFE didn't ask for them, the lawyer did, and we both wrote very heartfelt letters about our relationship from beginning to end and our love for each other. The letters were very different but in the end they both spoke of our love and committment to each other. The lawyer put them on top of everything in the RFE packet, and we were approved very quickly, in three weeks...where other people had to wait two months or more. She saw those as being very important and she was right. There was no way anyone could read those letters and not know they came from the heart. Just my opinion :star:

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

I got my written statement done, and I am waiting on my husband to finish his. It is the one and only chance to explain anything and everything. They can look at the evidence all day long and not say hmmm. But the words from the heart, so i fully agree and will be sending ours in with our packet.

And I know this is just your petition and not an RFE, but I'm just saying that I think the letters are really important and I wish I would've had them in my original packet. Anyway, we've already talked about all of this. I'm sure everything will be fine ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.