Angel Eyes Yuseef

Questions for the CR-1 visa

33 posts in this topic

We didn't send in any affidavits either. It's a suggested way of showing marital ties but it's not mandatory. Honestly, if I worked for USCIS I wouldn't take affidavits into consideration. Anyone can sign a piece of paper saying they know two people are a married couple. I esp. wouldn't trust anyone on the beneficiary's side.

Especially friends of the beneficiary. Why not family? You could pay any "friend" to sign anything...

Edited by msheesha

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I am not really worried about the paid part. Just as i said before i have compiled information and I want all my basics covered. I really want to advoid any future problems of thinking of everything before there is a issue.

The suggestion of sending in affidavits from 3rd parties is on the instructions for the I-130.

I would think the affidavit would have to be notarized whereever the person writing the affidavit lives. Don't you have to sign the affidavit in front of the notary?

As far as getting paid for marriage - I don't personally know anyone who has gotten paid for this but I have heard of it happening. I don't think it's any more common in Egypt as anywhere else in the Middle East or elsewhere. I'm not sure why the OP is so worried about being perceived as being paid for marriage. It's an odd thing to be worried about. As far as I know, the Cairo consulate doesn't check that sort of thing out unless they see something suspicious. Not to be mean or anything but Egyptian or other MENA men don't seem to have a hard time finding American women to fraud without paying them. Not only that - the men usually get compensated not the other way around. Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

That is why ppl get RFE's on affidavits. There looking for certain information so that just not anyone can sign a peice of paper. Like the ppl i have writting affidavits; is one was our witness when we got married and has personal expereinces with us that others can verify. Since my husband and 4 other friends have started a free organization, and I have been involved in it and in pics that is posted on facebook. Some of these affidavits are written by ppl that are close and in this organization which are more credible, and can be verified by many sources.

We didn't send in any affidavits either. It's a suggested way of showing marital ties but it's not mandatory. Honestly, if I worked for USCIS I wouldn't take affidavits into consideration. Anyone can sign a piece of paper saying they know two people are a married couple. I esp. wouldn't trust anyone on the beneficiary's side.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not really worried about the paid part. Just as i said before i have compiled information and I want all my basics covered. I really want to advoid any future problems of thinking of everything before there is a issue.

Are you just anticipating these problems because of your prior Moroccan fiance whose K-1 was denied?

If so, you're right to anticipate problems. Your application may be looked at with harsh scrutiny. Good idea to line up your ducks.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Are you just anticipating these problems because of your prior Moroccan fiance whose K-1 was denied?

If so, you're right to anticipate problems. Your application may be looked at with harsh scrutiny. Good idea to line up your ducks.

Aaaaah ....that explains alot. Yes, the scrutiny on your husband will be more intense. Your husband, if he is a different dude than the one you started this dance with, needs to prepare logical responses to questions about your previous relationship with your ex-fiance.

The denial has nothing to do with it. Just I know that Egypt is tuff too. And i really do not want a RFE. Has nothing to do with anything prior, just want to be prepared. Wow...

He is well aware. But really has nothing to do with with this visa and me wanting to be prepared. Were assuming. And this is the first time I have even thought about that visa, in months.

Aaaaah ....that explains alot. Yes, the scrutiny on your husband will be more intense. Your husband, if he is a different dude than the one you started this dance with, needs to prepare logical responses to questions about your previous relationship with your ex-fiance.

Timeline

I

The denial has nothing to do with it. Just I know that Egypt is tuff too. And i really do not want a RFE. Has nothing to do with anything prior, just want to be prepared. Wow...

He is well aware. But really has nothing to do with with this visa and me wanting to be prepared. Were assuming. And this is the first time I have even thought about that visa, in months.

Well, it might be the first time you've thought about it in months, but I wouldn't put it past DOS to bring it up.

Exactly. Aren't you getting the 130 application together? There's a question on the app if you've filed for anyone before. So it'll be on your mind again soon enough!

And if Egypt is anything like casa it's likely he will be asked questions backwards and forwards about your ex-fiancé.

Timeline

Exactly. Aren't you getting the 130 application together? There's a question on the app if you've filed for anyone before. So it'll be on your mind again soon enough!

And if Egypt is anything like casa it's likely he will be asked questions backwards and forwards about your ex-fiancé.

:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is why ppl get RFE's on affidavits. There looking for certain information so that just not anyone can sign a peice of paper. Like the ppl i have writting affidavits; is one was our witness when we got married and has personal expereinces with us that others can verify. Since my husband and 4 other friends have started a free organization, and I have been involved in it and in pics that is posted on facebook. Some of these affidavits are written by ppl that are close and in this organization which are more credible, and can be verified by many sources.

The affidavits that I included in our application were from people who knew of the relationship here in the US. I included one from my supervisor, my married daughter, a coworker and a close friend.

Just to show evidence that it was a real marriage and that my family/friends/boss knew about it.

I don't know if it helped or not but I didn't have any problems with getting it approved.

I didn't realize that you have filed a petition previously for a different person, so I completely understand you getting all your paperwork prepared.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

To be honest I wished my nervousness was from having a denied petition before, but it is not. And my husband knows everything about that relationship.So that is not a issue at all. My questions comes from the fact that in the last 4 months or so there has been a lot of RFE's and/or women talking about there own. Weither they came from lack of papers that is indicated on the instructions or that there was red flags. It is just that RFE's hold up the petition and I would rather keep the hold up time on the AP that almost everyone gets in Egypt. I don't believe there is anything wrong with being informed and have a game plan as that is why we come to VJ in the first place, to get oppinons and experiences.

The affidavits that I included in our application were from people who knew of the relationship here in the US. I included one from my supervisor, my married daughter, a coworker and a close friend.

Just to show evidence that it was a real marriage and that my family/friends/boss knew about it.

I don't know if it helped or not but I didn't have any problems with getting it approved.

I didn't realize that you have filed a petition previously for a different person, so I completely understand you getting all your paperwork prepared.

From watching and observing. I have seen ppl get a RFE and then they want affidaivates from family and close friends in Egypt. And that we did not have a wedding celebration for many reason's. I am just hoping that will not bring up a red flag. I have wrote my written statement, and explained why. But this is not up for me to decide and I think that is the hardes,t is ppl that don't know you are making all the decisions for you. So I thought if 1 of our witinesses would write a affidivate that might help help. But I don't want to provide to much and them think i am trying to hide something either. So I am trying to keep it simple.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

From watching and observing. I have seen ppl get a RFE and then they want affidaivates from family and close friends in Egypt. And that we did not have a wedding celebration for many reason's. I am just hoping that will not bring up a red flag. I have wrote my written statement, and explained why. But this is not up for me to decide and I think that is the hardes,t is ppl that don't know you are making all the decisions for you. So I thought if 1 of our witinesses would write a affidivate that might help help. But I don't want to provide to much and them think i am trying to hide something either. So I am trying to keep it simple.

I think that you are being proactive and acting in a very smart way by doing this. I know we all read other people's experiences and learn from them but just try not to get too drawn into them and worried about your own based on what has happened with other people. I know it is hard especially in these matters and concerning the possibility of getting RFE. Just prepare your required documents for your petition and submit it all with your statement you have written and leave it at that for now bc there is a very good chance it would be sufficient and you are right there is no sense at this point in giving them more than they need, thus inviting them to spend more time and look deeper...keep it simple for now, it appears your prep has all of your bases covered.

I think aside from the separation, the hardest part for me in this process is the not having complete control over it and being at a stranger's mercy..it seems incredibly unfair at times especially when I think of and know of other cases that should have been hugely flagged but seemed to go through effortlessly. But it is what it is and I certainly don't certainly don't begrudge anyone who has gotten through.

I'm sure your case will go smoothly. Please feel free to msg me anytime about anything...I promise not to bring up my RFE anymore unless asked :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wouldn't the RFEs come from USCIS and not Cairo, specifically? I would worry more about the interview than the petition stage if you're concerned about how your fiance will be treated in regards to Cairo. And like others have mentioned, you should be somewhat concerned about the prior petition. Make sure your fiance is well prepared to answer ANY question regarding that past relationship. God knows what kinds of questions they'll ask about that. You're at the USCIS stage right now and they pretty much approve anyone at the initial petition stage. Just follow the directions carefully and send in your petition. I would include affidavits from your family and/or friends as well as the affidavits your fiance has gotten. What you're going to need to be more worried about is the interview. You've got some time in front of you to worry about that part.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

I decided to keep it simple as possible. I other proof that i am adding is the basics i know they will ask for like pics, phone records and a few chats. I am not going to mention the other, only put it on the form. And surely I will have my husband prepared for every thing and anything. That is all i can do and let it go from there. Once i have the few papers I need from my husband, I will send it, finaly.

Wouldn't the RFEs come from USCIS and not Cairo, specifically? I would worry more about the interview than the petition stage if you're concerned about how your fiance will be treated in regards to Cairo. And like others have mentioned, you should be somewhat concerned about the prior petition. Make sure your fiance is well prepared to answer ANY question regarding that past relationship. God knows what kinds of questions they'll ask about that. You're at the USCIS stage right now and they pretty much approve anyone at the initial petition stage. Just follow the directions carefully and send in your petition. I would include affidavits from your family and/or friends as well as the affidavits your fiance has gotten. What you're going to need to be more worried about is the interview. You've got some time in front of you to worry about that part.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.