love100

Will be a bad thing to not have seen my lover in son long "for the interview?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I have lived in the United States for 2 years, and in the second one i met my fiance, we dated for a whole year, then in September 2011 my visa expired so i came back to my country. We got engaged this past January. Filed for I-129F in February. Now we are expecting to get approved in

July 9th.

I haven't seen my lover in almost 8 MONTHS,it will be 10 MONTHS when we get approved in July and about A YEAR if my interview is in August-September..

I cant go to see him (tourist visa was denied)and he doesn't have enough money right now to come see me!!! But we promised each other that if we dont get approved by July no matter what we will come to see me (it happens that in July he gets a bonus =) and my mom is whiling to help us as well)

So he will come to see me in July, but we were thinking maybe if he is going to come and if we get approved by July maybe we could wait a little bit more and he can come for my Interview just in case something bad happens, and we have to get marry. I am not trying to be negative not at all!!We have been very positive and patience lately and more now that we know we are almost 2 months away from getting approved.

My question is will the consul look this "not seeing each other for almost a year" as a bad thing?

I dont want the counsul to say "Ho well you have seen your fiance for a whole year, bur u also have been a year without seeing him =/

I will appreciate your help!!

K-1 VISA

02-03-2011 - I-129F sent

02-04-2011 - I-129F received. Signed by Vill.

02-10-2011 - NOA1 (Email-message)

02-15-2011- NOA1 (Hard-copy received)

03-06-2011 - NOA2(email-text message)

NOA2 (3 MONTHS,3 WEEKS,4 DAYS)

06-15-2011- Packet 3 received by email

08-04-2011- Packet 3 Back to the Embassy

08-25-2011- Packet 4 Received (Interview day:09-08-2011)

09-08-2011- Interview (APPROVED)

09-13-2011- Visa Received (It took only 3 business days)

09-22-2011- POE

09-23-2011- My baby's B-day!

AOS

11-18-2011- We got married!

01-20-2012- AOS package sent

01-23-2012- AOS package received by USCIS

01-27-2012- NOA1 (email)

02-01-2012- NOA 1 (Hard-Copy Received)

02-07-2012- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

02-13-2012- Email saying case was transferred to another office(Waiting for the hard copy to see where it was sent)

02-17-2012- Hard-Copy received- AOS transferred to CSC

02-21-2012- Biometrics Appointment-

03-13-2012- Biometrics Retaken due to they didn't take right my fingerprints.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have seen it be an issue in the past where the CO wants to see more ongoing relationship evidence to combat the long time apart. Perhaps go prepared at the interview with that to make your case easier

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree keep records of all contact e-mails skype write snail mail letters.. Keep up on all things about each other

Good luck

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Totally agree with everyone above! I was fortunate to be able to visit my spouse in Africa nearly every 3-4 months which is unlikely for most to do. I am paying finacially for all of those visits but it was what we needed to keep our relationship going and to satisy the consulate. However, as everyone stated, bring as much evidence as possible. With Skype, you can print up to 6 months of chat and phone calls. Also, print every email, have pictures and FB was great as well since all of my friends and family left comments regarding the pictures posted. The CO did examine everything and took his time to ensure that the relationship was genuine. Also, money transfers via Western union support you alot since who would send money so frequently...

:ot: I would avoid using the word "lover." In English, that means a mere physical relationship and often has overtones of cheapness. I would opt for "my love" or fiance, etc. Just a translation issue :)

I think as long as you have proof of an ongoing relationship, all should be fine. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:ot: I would avoid using the word "lover." In English, that means a mere physical relationship and often has overtones of cheapness. I would opt for "my love" or fiance, etc. Just a translation issue :)

I think as long as you have proof of an ongoing relationship, all should be fine. Good luck.

:thumbs:

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.