Pohtaytoh

Please Help!... Cho Ray

20 posts in this topic

bumping this thread to ask does this "sputum culture" thing happen more at cho ray than IOM? when we had our vaccinations we talked to another lady that was going through the same k-1/cr-1 process. she called me after the interview to say she also got blue because she said cho ray requested "SC" from her also and the process would take 2-3 months.

i know it's a very small sample size but it seems more of these pop up at cho ray? am i totally wrong in my thinking or IOM is easier? i know "ho lao" is more prevalent in vietnam so it could just be totally random whether you're getting your medical at IOM or CR.

For Sputum Cultures, I've noticed that it's fairly equal for Cho Ray and IOM. It really all comes down to whether or not they see anything suspicious/irregular in the X-Ray (sucks for smokers, people who've had TB will normally have scars too). All those who need to do a Sputum Culture will end up at Cho Ray (even IOM people) since it has the leading microbiology center in HCMC.

Update: I just got a call from Cho Ray hospital with the results of the sputum culture. She passed!

But they also mentioned something about going in to pick up the x-ray/papers. Are these documents we would need to submit to the Embassy? I was under the assumption that Cho Ray was supposed to send the results directly over.

Update: I just got a call from Cho Ray hospital with the results of the sputum culture. She passed!

But they also mentioned something about going in to pick up the x-ray/papers. Are these documents we would need to submit to the Embassy? I was under the assumption that Cho Ray was supposed to send the results directly over.

:thumbs: Good to hear your good news...yes, pickup the X-ray but the results will be forward to the Consulate by them. Just reply to you message...Congratz again!!!

there's the xray and the physical papers in a sealed envelope. you'll give both at the interview and they'll break the seal out of the med papers.

We've actually already passed the interview, they've just been waiting for the results from the medical exam. We haven't received any contact from the consulate yet, but we'll be heading out to HCMC anyway to pick up the paperwork from Cho Ray. We'll likely try to submit the papers just to show the medical is done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.