ThomKimQC

Stranger things have been said...BUT

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To make you feel A LOT better. I chatted with many Pinay before I met my future wife. 99% of them look at the skin color as a big DEAL. Many of them use whitening cream because they don't like to be dark skinned. Few of my friends even told me they hate their color because they were not white but brown. They make fun of each other and look down on brown skin or dark skin Filipino.

They have MAJOR issue with skin color. Hey it is their problem no mine. If they are VERY happy worrying about skin color BEAT it!

But honestly, that is why I never asked any of those girls to "net date me" because reasons like those.

One more thing before I forget, one of my friend is having a baby and I told her, congratulations and hope it is the gender that you want. She said, nah, she would take any gender as long that it is not dark. (Shocking sad reply) I have no idea if she was joking but why did she mention it?

My 2 cents.

Wow that is ummmm just plain sad to say the least.

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

Timeline

Thom --I feel for you brother . I am of predominant indian ancestry ( my nose is straight and morena in color ) . When I was in the Pi to see my Fiancee --many persons stared at me and my fiancee also in the malls and in the parks . When they did that my fiancee held me tighter and even kissed me :lol: .It was funny --they say to me that they love my straight nose (like a white guy )--lol . Her parents and family loved me . Maybe as many said they prefer ''white complexion guys '' . Or just maybe they see many of the music videos and rap songs where the lyrics is demeaning to the women . I know your fiancee loves you and you love her . Thats all that matters . Hope you can get her out of that place and from amoung those ''steropying ladies ''.

LOL that is some funny stuff man...I heard that one too about the pointed nose thing, then her friends and family tell me I am not black because of my features. I just cracked up. Another time Kim told me that pinay want white guys so that their babies would be born with blonde hair and blue eyes. I was like really, how is that working out because I have yet to see a filipino/white mixture produce those qualities. Maybe it's happen before I just never seen it. All in all people are more shallow than others.

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

Timeline

I used to tell my fiance that I'd probably stand out in my dermatologist's memory as her only (Filipina) patient more concerned with a good tan rather than digging into her epidermis for long-lost evidence of a hidden Spanish ancestry :blush:

For people so racially oppressed in the past (or maybe because of it),many Pinoys can actually be quite bigoted, as has been said by others here. On the face of it, the Filipino words "tisoy"(short for mestizo) and "egoy" (derived from Negro) are supposed to be neutral terms, but we all know they're not. One would sooner call someone "tisoy" to his face than call someone "egoy," even if all we want to do is describe and not judge. These words have evolved thus.

If you do encounter bigots in Manila or elsewhere, I'd say that with their parochial world view, arising most likely from a limited education, they have a bigger problem than you. You probably won't want their company anyway even if you're Brad Pitt.

Grace

Grace I have not encountered this straight to my face while in phils, many people have always been nice to me and wanted to hang out more out of curiosity and the plain fact that I stand 6 ft 2. I love filipino people and culture we are all different I know but I was just shocked when my lady told me what others said to her. Kim is such as sweet and warm person and she never made an issue with color her only complaints came from being so mistreated by pinoy.

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

Timeline

To make you feel A LOT better. I chatted with many Pinay before I met my future wife. 99% of them look at the skin color as a big DEAL. Many of them use whitening cream because they don't like to be dark skinned. Few of my friends even told me they hate their color because they were not white but brown. They make fun of each other and look down on brown skin or dark skin Filipino.

They have MAJOR issue with skin color. Hey it is their problem no mine. If they are VERY happy worrying about skin color BEAT it!

But honestly, that is why I never asked any of those girls to "net date me" because reasons like those.

One more thing before I forget, one of my friend is having a baby and I told her, congratulations and hope it is the gender that you want. She said, nah, she would take any gender as long that it is not dark. (Shocking sad reply) I have no idea if she was joking but why did she mention it?

My 2 cents.

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

LOL that is some funny stuff man...I heard that one too about the pointed nose thing, then her friends and family tell me I am not black because of my features. I just cracked up. Another time Kim told me that pinay want white guys so that their babies would be born with blonde hair and blue eyes. I was like really, how is that working out because I have yet to see a filipino/white mixture produce those qualities. Maybe it's happen before I just never seen it. All in all people are more shallow than others.

Thom --many pinays that I met there dont have that inferiority or color complex --just a few fickle mindled ones . The educated ones are more open minded . Love transends all barriers .If they are looking to have blue eyes babies and blond hair and 6 ft tall kids --then they should have them cloned :lol: I have many white friends who are married to pinay girls and their kids look more like asian than cacasian . Its all good . It is funny sometimes , but I pass it off as a joke . Our mixed kids are just as good looking as the others :lol: .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Request this post be closed. It has been Beat To Death several times. Thanks

your post is now closed. the thread, however, will remain open.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

My fiancée did not believe me that many white-skinned women here spend a lot of money to make their skin look brown (tan) until she got here to America and saw for herself the Tanning Salons and pantyhose and makeup. She hasn't seen the beaches yet with the sun-worshipers but that has to be very foreign too. When I first met her she was convinced that I was lying when I told her I loved her brown skin and wouldn't have it any other way. Now she finally believes me!

Yes, pinay seem to like the "pointy noses", white skin and dimples. I've had more comments about that from friends and family than even my 6'1" 250 lb frame. But as I tell my fiancee, I only care what she thinks of me.

I also noticed that some pinoy are very direct sometimes about issues that would seem very rude here in America. (Of course there is a lot more of the opposite!) Especially if the one being direct is older than the one they are speaking to. For instance, no one has any problem telling someone they are getting "taba" (fat). Here in the states, some people would go into hysterics if they were told that by anyone but their doctor. I don't excuse them for racist remarks/stereotyping by any means, but maybe some of it is culturally motivated instead of mean-spiritedness.

Good luck on your journey Thom!

Timeline

:secret:

Don't call me tonto .. I don't like :crying:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The majority of Filipinos are "blacker" (especially in some provinces)than the majority of "black" Americans.The MAJORITY of "black" Americans are of mixed race(i.e. Obama half white,etc).

It has NOTHING to do with color but attitudes spawned by the victim mentality. Besides..we all know ..ONLY a white man can be racist!!(sarcasm off)

DCF-Manila

10/02/2008 ---- Met

06/04/2010 ---- Married

04/26/2011 ---- Filed I-130

06/03/2011 ---- I-130 approved, notify by e-mail from (DHS/USCIS)

06/13/2011 ---- Received e-mail from Manila IV Correspondence

06/15/2011 ---- Received letter from DHS/USCIS (NOA)

06/28/2011 ---- Sent (fax) the DS-230I & DS-2001

07/05/2011 ---- Schedule for interview date (online)

07/11-12/2011--Medical PASSED

08/01/2011 ---- Interview - (done @9:00am) APPROVED

08/01/2011 ---- CFO (1:30pm)

08/05/2011 ---- VISA IN HAND (4days after interview)

08/12/2011 ---- Flight...

08/12/2011 ---- POE Seattle, WA (arrived @ 8pm)

Timeline

The majority of Filipinos are "blacker" (especially in some provinces)than the majority of "black" Americans.The MAJORITY of "black" Americans are of mixed race(i.e. Obama half white,etc).

It has NOTHING to do with color but attitudes spawned by the victim mentality. Besides..we all know ..ONLY a white man can be racist!!(sarcasm off)

Yes I have noticed this also when I visited places in the Phils that men of color has seldomed ventured to. It's funny you made that comment "Only a white man can be racist!" because I was asked by this Brit gentlemn "why are there no black racists...you all just grin and bear it" :wow:

Thom --many pinays that I met there dont have that inferiority or color complex --just a few fickle mindled ones . The educated ones are more open minded . Love transends all barriers .If they are looking to have blue eyes babies and blond hair and 6 ft tall kids --then they should have them cloned :lol: I have many white friends who are married to pinay girls and their kids look more like asian than cacasian . Its all good . It is funny sometimes , but I pass it off as a joke . Our mixed kids are just as good looking as the others :lol: .

True Dat!

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

Timeline

Request this post be closed. It has been Beat To Death several times. Thanks

I dont know it's seems to be still moving :lol:

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

It is a common attitude in the Philippines. My wife who is dark skinned deals with it all the time. Our son is white skinned and many times people have said to her, oh are you the Nanny, to which she replied, no I am his mother. Some even argue with her, are you really his mother. Automatically they relegate her to some lower social standing though she holds 2 Bachelor degrees, and they know nothing about her. It is purely skin color. They do it amongst themselves to themselves and it really stems back to the occupation by the Spanish. If you look at the people they call the real Filipino you will find they are very dark. Filipino's who are white just have more of their oppressors blood in them. It's sad they dont see where the root of their attitude comes from, but it is so widespread and darker skinned Filipina's often think of themselves as ugly because of it. Its funny to me, because I am white, and as you know in America all the girls who are fair complected spend all their time in the sun trying to get darker. I always tell my wife how I love her brown skin, and I wouldn't have her change. But still, she cant accept it. Her neighbor actually said to her, oh your son is so handsome like his father, because he's white. I think it will be good for her to leave the Philippines. Good for her self-esteem. So I wouldn't let the comments bother you too much, they are just still living with the legacy of their repressive history.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.