JanaWithoutKhodor

Got my RFE paperwork today, confused:(

29 posts in this topic

After looking at the RFE document you posted it would seemed to me this is a generic document explaining a series of things that could be sent. I have never heard of anyone having to produce the birth certificates of their parents. Thus, I’m speculating that the USCIS thinks that the “Proof of courtship” and/or your “Proof of relationship” evidence are less than adequate. Maybe you could post a brief list of those things you did send within your packet, and then outside of what is already suggested, we could give you some ideas. I would research things that were recommended within this post and other relationship proof post. As well, I concur with the previous post, call the USCIS and ask what additional information they may need. However, again, do a comparison of what you sent versus what others have sent. Continue on the right track! PS: I would have “Blacked Out” my case number within the PDF file you sent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not think this is a generic document, because my RFE looks very different. If you read it carefully it clearly says that the petitioner is required to respond to each item in the document. And failure to address all items may...

I would freak out as well, if i were go get such notice. It seems the USCIS is after the petitioner. Why would USCIS ask for the employer authorization to take time off work. I would be embarrassed to ask my employer for such document.

Please forgive me asking this, but could this be related to the country in which beneficiary resides?

Edited by mishab

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Yes, this is not a generic document. There must have been some red flag that popped up or something maybe related to the beneficiary or some background of the petitioner. They are getting way to deep in to financial information for it to be just a routine request for evidence. The requests for evidence of contact before the trip abroad and evidence of ongoing relationship since the last meeting as well as questions of how and who paid for the trips (along with bank statements) are an indication that USCIS suspects something is up with either the bona fides of the relationship or the intent of the visa application.

All you can do is give them all the information that they requested and wait. Some of this should have been submitted already, if so then submit it again. From the amount and nature of what they are asking for, it looks like you may be in for a long wait :(

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, I think the red flag reason is we have a 10 year age difference, me being older:S I am going to resend every document I have, every photo, every text, every email, every phone call, etc...... We have been together almost 3 years, is likely going to take a truck to send it all......

I'm older by 15. (Female). We're prepared for the interview to be the problem. Ours was "slower than most" through the USCIS and only came out with legal help, though. (In one day!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I do not think this is a generic document, because my RFE looks very different. If you read it carefully it clearly says that the petitioner is required to respond to each item in the document. And failure to address all items may...

I would freak out as well, if i were go get such notice. It seems the USCIS is after the petitioner. Why would USCIS ask for the employer authorization to take time off work. I would be embarrassed to ask my employer for such document.

Please forgive me asking this, but could this be related to the country in which beneficiary resides?

I have documentation of my vacation requests and approvals from my employer. I also submitted my paystubs showing the vacation time used, my wage at the time. I did submit much of the information already. I have been spending the whole day gathering documents, credit card receipts, bank statements, birth certificates of my parents, etc.. I am not concerned about not having any of the documentation they ask for, but, it is very frustrating that they are asking for it:( I am sure the country and my age are factors in the request. So, so, so, very sad right now......

Timeline

Yes, this is not a generic document. There must have been some red flag that popped up or something maybe related to the beneficiary or some background of the petitioner. They are getting way to deep in to financial information for it to be just a routine request for evidence. The requests for evidence of contact before the trip abroad and evidence of ongoing relationship since the last meeting as well as questions of how and who paid for the trips (along with bank statements) are an indication that USCIS suspects something is up with either the bona fides of the relationship or the intent of the visa application.

All you can do is give them all the information that they requested and wait. Some of this should have been submitted already, if so then submit it again. From the amount and nature of what they are asking for, it looks like you may be in for a long wait :(

Okay, so, I was under the impression the only information this time around was to be related to since our meeting from prior to my October trip and preceding my filing of the 129 in December. I thought I was not supposed to include anything from after I filed the initial papers. Since December, I have made one more trip to Lebanon, that was in February. Should I also be submitting documents regarding my trip from AFTER I filed the 129? I am confused, this really sucks..........

Timeline

After looking at the RFE document you posted it would seemed to me this is a generic document explaining a series of things that could be sent. I have never heard of anyone having to produce the birth certificates of their parents. Thus, I’m speculating that the USCIS thinks that the “Proof of courtship” and/or your “Proof of relationship” evidence are less than adequate. Maybe you could post a brief list of those things you did send within your packet, and then outside of what is already suggested, we could give you some ideas. I would research things that were recommended within this post and other relationship proof post. As well, I concur with the previous post, call the USCIS and ask what additional information they may need. However, again, do a comparison of what you sent versus what others have sent. Continue on the right track! PS: I would have “Blacked Out” my case number within the PDF file you sent.

How do I go in and edit the document to black that out, wow, what a stupid mistake I made:(

For the most part, I believe we have some outstanding very honest people here on the VJ site. However, I recommend you send an email to the system administrator and ask them to take down the PDF file, and then you can replace it after you have edited your case number out. I cannot imagine any real harm in displaying it, but I would rectify the document.

Timeline

For the most part, I believe we have some outstanding very honest people here on the VJ site. However, I recommend you send an email to the system administrator and ask them to take down the PDF file, and then you can replace it after you have edited your case number out. I cannot imagine any real harm in displaying it, but I would rectify the document.

Thank you, this is what I have done:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have attached the RFE to this, not sure if it will work, I will try another way if it doesn't....

That is clearly what it is. I have never seen that for an I-129f. They are very definitely checking to see if you knew this person before you went abroad and whether or not any money has been paid to you.

The general requirements for the I-129f do not include these things but they are also allowed to ask for anything they want, basically. If you do not respond with what they ask for the petition will be denied.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Okay, so, I was under the impression the only information this time around was to be related to since our meeting from prior to my October trip and preceding my filing of the 129 in December. I thought I was not supposed to include anything from after I filed the initial papers. Since December, I have made one more trip to Lebanon, that was in February. Should I also be submitting documents regarding my trip from AFTER I filed the 129? I am confused, this really sucks..........

You are not "supposed to" and this is in no way a normal request for evidence. I wouls still never recommend someone send all they are asking for for every case as this is clearly very rare.

You are required to provide whatever they need to determine that you meet the eligibility for an approved petition. In this case, I would say to submit all you have.

Something you should be aware of is that this is not a normal request and there is a reason for this. Has your fiance ever been petitioned before?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

They are also trying to find out if you are related in ay way to the beneficiary. Bottom line is the same...this is a very unusual request made for specific reasons, you will need to comply with it or the petition will be denied.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You are not "supposed to" and this is in no way a normal request for evidence. I wouls still never recommend someone send all they are asking for for every case as this is clearly very rare.

You are required to provide whatever they need to determine that you meet the eligibility for an approved petition. In this case, I would say to submit all you have.

Something you should be aware of is that this is not a normal request and there is a reason for this. Has your fiance ever been petitioned before?

I am in no way related to the beneficiary. He has never petitioned before either. I have gathered together everything they have requested and will be sending it tomorrow.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.