jenkatx

It has been 6 months-HELP!!!

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, I thought that was weird too, but I have seen many people who live in Texas whose files have gone to Vermont.

Maybe this is why the VSC is so backed up, because they don't distribute the petitions properly. If yours had been sent to Texas, you would have had your NOA2 a long time ago. :bonk:

December 2nd, 2011 - AOS Packet sent

December 8th, 2011 - Received electronic NOA1

January 3rd, 2012 - Received notification that case has been transferred to CSC

January 4th, 2012 - Biometrics

February 11th, 2012 - Employment Authorization Card received

February 25th, 2012 - Social Security Card received

August 24th, 2012 - Green Card Received

August, 2014 - I-751 sent

August 2014 (two weeks later) - NOA1 Received

March 2015 - RFE Received

May 2015 - RFE Packet Sent

July 28th - Letter received for interview

August 13th - Interview (GC Pending)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maybe this is why the VSC is so backed up, because they don't distribute the petitions properly. If yours had been sent to Texas, you would have had your NOA2 a long time ago. :bonk:

No they wouldn't. Texas does not process petitions. They sort them, do a quick check of documents, cash the check and send it to either California or Vermont.

Now, if you're saying that USCIS should use Texas to process petitions, I 100% agree.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

If it helps at all, here is my experience:

My application was received by VSC on Oct. 26th 2010, a day before you basically. I knew from statements here and having contacted my Senator 2 weeks ago that until the 6th month mark, they will not do anything to help you. Today marked the 6th month.

I called 1-800-375-5283, selected the option #3. A customer service rep( I guess this would be a tier 1 person) answered. I have kept very calm and tried to smile so that I won't be shut down. I basically explained her that I know for a fact we are now outside of normal processing time and I would like to put in a service request. She was very nice and cooperative and she processed the request. She then gave me a service request # and said if I don't hear anything within 30 days, I should call them back. I didn't even have to go to a tier 2 person, nor did I have to ask for anything twice. I guess maybe how you try and get your point across is a factor.

Try calling again tomorrow since you will also be now considered outside the normal processing time.

Good luck.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Very discouraged watching people get approved that rec'd their NOA1 AFTER us......not sure whether to call now or wait till the 6 month mark which is only a week or so away......

C&S

January 2008 - met online

February 2008 - first phone call

July 25, 2008 - first in person meeting

November 10, 2008 - my first trip to England

April, 2009 - second trip here

July, 2009 - my second trip to England

November, 2009 - third trip here

November 30, 2009 - ENGAGED

April, 2010 - fourth trip here

October, 2010 - fifth trip here

October 30, 2010 - USCIS paperwork filed

November 12, 2010 - NOA1 received (dated 11/8/10)

November 19, 2010 - touched

March 8, 2011 - 6th trip here

April 15, 2011 - NOA2 approval ??????

April 29, 2011 - letter from DOS rec'd

May 3, 2011 - packet rec'd from US Embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I think it's weird that you live in Texas but your petition was sent to Vermont?

I'm pretty sure all K-1 visas from Texas get sent to Vermont. That's where my fiance is from and that's where ours went.

Timeline

I-129F sent: 31st March 2011

NOA 1: 7th April 2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

mines exactly 5 months mark,,i dont know if i should even try and calling that number and trying the same thing DELIDANA did !!!

It won't hurt anything. Try saying, on USCIS website, it is mentioned that if we don't hear anything in 5 months we should call this number" this is why I am calling. Also add hat you are following online forums and you are aware that a lot of people have been approved whose petitions were received after yours. Pick your words carefully, ask for "service request." I mistakenly said expedite and she was saying I can't do that unless I have an admissible reason to expedite it such as illness, deployment etc. I think it also helps that you stay calm and kind, you get a similar reaction. Good luck.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Very discouraged watching people get approved that rec'd their NOA1 AFTER us......not sure whether to call now or wait till the 6 month mark which is only a week or so away......

Call now. I put in a service request yesterday on April 27th (my NOA1 date is 10/25/10) and they said I was outside normal processing time by 8 days (which to me means I could have called a week before 6 months was up). Good luck......... keep contacting those folks in DC too; i'll be sending my 2nd letter tomorrow...

what do u mean when u say expedited and ONPT?..and i see ur in florida as well,, will you and i have the same congressman and senators? im in orlando fl,,If so my 5 months have just passed, can u be kind enough to send me the exact number to call and advise me on what to say?..

Yaseen --u have to contact Senators Bill Nelson at : The Honorable Bill Nelson

United States Senate

716 Hart Senate Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20510-0903

DC Phone: 202-224-5274 202-224-5274

DC Fax: 202-228-2183

Email Address: http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm'>http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm

WWW Homepage: http://billnelson.senate.gov/

Twitter: @SenBillNelson

Landmark Two, Suite 410

225 East Robinson Street

Orlando, FL 32801 Voice: 888-671-4091 888-671-4091

FAX: 407-872-7165

Also you can send a message to Senator Marco Rubio at : The Honorable Marco Rubio.

201 South Orange Avenue, Suite 350

Orlando, Fl 32801

Their contact information is on their website .You first complete a Casework authorization form and sign the release form and include copies of the NOA1 and other detials . ONTP means that it is Outside of Normal Processing Time (6 mths ) .Expedite means to give priority and process urgently . I wish you luck .If u need any more information --send me a message .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

The immigration officer i met with yesterday told me to ask for a SRMT (service request). I flied it yesterday & today I am contacting the Senators/ Congressmen. The officer also said my case had gone to someones desk yesterday morning. It made me feel that we are actually getting somewhere, but I still submitted the SRMT. Just to be on the safe side, as it takes 30 days to process.

3 more days which will make mines to 5months and 2 weeks im calling for a Service request!..

They may tell you that it is still within the processing time (6 mths ) . VSC processing times are taking longer than normal of recent . Contact your Senators and Congressman for additional help .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

so i just received a mail today saying they "mailed me a notice that we have approved this i-129f petition for fiance. please follow instructions on the notice..

Now Just last night or the night before i Emailed my congressman/Senator and both emailed me back asking for signature of privacy act to release info. to them.. Theres no need for me to do that now , Correct?.. I dont need any assistance from them since i have been approved noa2

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.