jenkatx

It has been 6 months-HELP!!!

45 posts in this topic

The USCIS received our application on October 27, 2010. Still NOTHING! I have called several times & all they say is "It is in review." What should I do? We really can't afford an attorney right now. Any ideas? I am worried that there is a problem as it has been so long now...

:(

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

The USCIS received our application on October 27, 2010. Still NOTHING! I have called several times & all they say is "It is in review." What should I do? We really can't afford an attorney right now. Any ideas? I am worried that there is a problem as it has been so long now...

I heard you can call them and let them know your application already pass the time limit...Also,you can call USCIS and ask to speak with a Tier 2 person...Don't be discourage, you almost there...

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA1-Hardcopy recieved March 18th

NOA2 August 12th

Waiting for NVC to assign case number!..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

your passed the 5 month time,estimated going on the 6 month, i hear some other ppl post that they are doing oct filers now, you should give them a call any way ask whats going on it's 6 months, good luck,

I will try to call again tomorrow. The distance, uncertainty, & all are really getting to me. When we hit the 5 month mark I was so happy, thinking ok we are FINALLY there, then nothing...Maybe tomorrow they can help me. It seems like you just have to be lucky enough to get someone who cares on the phone!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

There is nothing a lawyer can do that has any real affect on your case. There is a problem. Its always the same; they are busy. My case took 408 days. The problem is nothing seems to be happening. If there was a problem you would get an RFE. I found I just had to wait.

You could go thru the exercise of asking your U S politician to help. Use their web site to find the form to send to the staff placater. Send it to them & wait a few weeks for a responce. It will be to wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will try to call again tomorrow. The distance, uncertainty, & all are really getting to me. When we hit the 5 month mark I was so happy, thinking ok we are FINALLY there, then nothing...Maybe tomorrow they can help me. It seems like you just have to be lucky enough to get someone who cares on the phone!

Welcome to vj and yes call tomorrow and speak to tier 2 if that doesnt work contact ur senator or congress person. Because if they got ur petition in oct 2010 then it is almost 7 months good luck to u!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your not alone. They got mine Oct. 12, and still not a word.

There is even still some waiting from Sept. I guess they

got covered up by all the Nov. and Dec. papers they are doing.

(no offense to those files)

I would wait till you are passed the 6 months period, 5 months

plus the 30 days adjudicative time. At that point they should

let you enter a "service request" or an expedite based on

Outside Normal Processing Time. If you call before then, they

will probably just tell you to wait and call back. To them it is

not taking to long till the 6 month point.

I am not sure at this point if it is better to do a service request

or an expedite. Maybe either is useful or maybe both are useless.

I don't know and have not been able to figure it out yet.

Jim,

I just got off the phone with USCIS & again, no one knows anything! The request for expedite that they made on April 14 was actually never made. They said to schedule an infopass appointment if I want further information. :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think it's weird that you live in Texas but your petition was sent to Vermont?

December 2nd, 2011 - AOS Packet sent

December 8th, 2011 - Received electronic NOA1

January 3rd, 2012 - Received notification that case has been transferred to CSC

January 4th, 2012 - Biometrics

February 11th, 2012 - Employment Authorization Card received

February 25th, 2012 - Social Security Card received

August 24th, 2012 - Green Card Received

August, 2014 - I-751 sent

August 2014 (two weeks later) - NOA1 Received

March 2015 - RFE Received

May 2015 - RFE Packet Sent

July 28th - Letter received for interview

August 13th - Interview (GC Pending)

I would call and ask to speak to a Tier 2 officer as well as getting your senators and congressmen involved. You can ask for a service request or an expedite. Just keep calling them.

Check out my "About Me" tab on my profile to learn about my detailed timeline with the K-1 Visa and AOS process....

Live life, Laugh lots, Love forever.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

You certainly do not need a lawyer to help you in your attempts. When you call USCIS, you will speak to the normal rep who always says, just keep waiting. As to speak to a supervisor or Tier II representative who will further looking into your case. Depending on where you filing center is, and depending on the time line as stated on the USCIS web site, if you are outside of what they have designated as their normal processing timelines, you can sometimes get the Tier II rep to send a request to your service center to request that they please take a look at your file. Good luck and best wishes

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We are in the same boat as you and have heard nothing.......they rec'd our paperwork in October but we did not get our NOA2 till November 8. I see they are working on the 4th....so here goes! :wacko:

C&S

January 2008 - met online

February 2008 - first phone call

July 25, 2008 - first in person meeting

November 10, 2008 - my first trip to England

April, 2009 - second trip here

July, 2009 - my second trip to England

November, 2009 - third trip here

November 30, 2009 - ENGAGED

April, 2010 - fourth trip here

October, 2010 - fifth trip here

October 30, 2010 - USCIS paperwork filed

November 12, 2010 - NOA1 received (dated 11/8/10)

November 19, 2010 - touched

March 8, 2011 - 6th trip here

April 15, 2011 - NOA2 approval ??????

April 29, 2011 - letter from DOS rec'd

May 3, 2011 - packet rec'd from US Embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.