martinbr

My daughters immigration status

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, My wife has been year for around 8 months and things are looking up for us. She is working and I have been put in a position of early retirement. Now we have to work on geting our daughter over from the philippines. The child has been staying with her aunt because when they both went up for initial interview, the child did not pass the medical.

I was under the assumption that the child had a xray, but found out now after that the child only had the TB test and had which sounds like a positive reaction to TB. The skin in the area blew way up. This was all last Oct. and they couldn't stay up in Manila anymore because I ran out of money and they had to get back to where they live 600 miles south in Bacolod City. So my wife came over since she passed. Plus we didn't have the room for the child anyway since we are just boarding in a three bedroom house.

Now we have to get the child back up for another medical. But she will have to stay up in Manila for I would imagine a period of time. We have a place to have her stay at one of her relative's house.

So now my question is, since it's been this long is the case still open or do I have to start all over again at the NVC? I did contact the embassy around 6 months ago by email stating are circumstances and to have the the case to be put on hold. So how long would they hold a case open for?

I am going to to try to call tonight and see if I can get thru. Tried last week, but I think because of holy week they were closed.

thanks,

martinbr

May i ask how old is your daughter? Mine would be 3 by the time she go for her medical. She received all her immunization from birth and i don't know if i should be worried about tb skin test or not.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

May i ask how old is your daughter? Mine would be 3 by the time she go for her medical. She received all her immunization from birth and i don't know if i should be worried about tb skin test or not.

I wouldn't worry too much about a skin test. St. Lukes doesn't perform skin tests because the skin test serves no purpose. Filipinos almost always show a false positive on the skin test because of the BCG TB vaccine they received.

St. Lukes will do a chest x-ray and look for any irregularities in her lungs. If they find anything in the chest x-ray, they will perform three smear tests and a two-month culture to determine whether a person has TB.

So now my question is, since it's been this long is the case still open or do I have to start all over again at the NVC? I did contact the embassy around 6 months ago by email stating are circumstances and to have the the case to be put on hold. So how long would they hold a case open for?

What date was your wife's K1 visa issued?

From the Instruction Packet....

http://photos.state....acket%20_3_.pdf

Minor children who are identified and listed in the approved I-129F petition may follow-to-join their petitioned parent. However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent was issued the K1 visa. After one (1) year, they will no longer be able to derive immigration benefits from the I-129F petition and you or your spouse will have to file an immediate relative or second preference petition for them to qualify again for immigration benefits.

My daughter is 13 and going to be 14 in July. So I need to get going on this.

I wouldn't worry too much about a skin test. St. Lukes doesn't perform skin tests because the skin test serves no purpose. Filipinos almost always show a false positive on the skin test because of the BCG TB vaccine they received.

Now I find out that they did a skin and it blew way up. After that, they did a xray and found a dark spot on her lung. So they are suspecting that she was exposed to TB. Her uncle had it last year and I know they she goes over there sometimes. We are sending money over today so she can get another full checkup down where she lives. I know you can't use this at St. Lukes, but I want to get a jump on this if she has been exposed.

St. Lukes will do a chest x-ray and look for any irregularities in her lungs. If they find anything in the chest x-ray, they will perform three smear tests and a two-month culture to determine whether a person has TB.

What date was your wife's K1 visa issued?

The date was 06/26/2010.

From the Instruction Packet....

http://photos.state....acket%20_3_.pdf

Minor children who are identified and listed in the approved I-129F petition may follow-to-join their petitioned parent. However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent was issued the K1 visa. After one (1) year, they will no longer be able to derive immigration benefits from the I-129F petition and you or your spouse will have to file an immediate relative or second preference petition for them to qualify again for immigration benefits.

Looks like you will have to file another petition since your wife's K1 was issued on 6/26/10 and the child may have to undergo treatment for maybe 6 months.

No, I found the answer on the manila emabassy url: The case gets terminated after one year if there has been no contact with them with a reasonble explanition to my situation. I originally filed a C-R1 for my wife and daughter.

thanks,

martinbr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.