LucyLovesRicky

How and when will he ever get a job? So frustrated

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Ok, this is like beating a dead horse, but I will do what no others have done to solve your problem. You need a job. He needs a job. You are broke. Now, I ask you to keep an open mind. I know that you are educated and might consider what I am about to propose as silly. But, I will go ahead and tell you anyways. Our economy is in the dumper. Manufacturing has all but vanished. One industry that has stood the test of every economic down turn has been the trucking industry. I know doctors and lawyers who gave it all up to drive big trucks and they love it. I hope you are a doctor or a lawyer. You can be working within two weeks if you want. Both of you can travel the country and get paid well for it. As a matter of fact, both of you can learn to drive and be making $120,000 within two years. You think I am lying? That will be your problem. Investigate some trucking schools in your area. Find out, by going to some truck stops in your area and talk to couples who are driving together. What have you got to lose but a few hours of your time.

He is telling the truth I work for UPS as a truck driver I make close to a 100 a year. Driving a truck can be a good paying job if you get in with the right company some place like Swift will even train their drivers. As far as education goes most of your UPS drivers have degrees just UPS pays so well they never leave. I am only a few credits short of my degree its taking me 20 yrs almost (to go back) but I will get it finished this year. It is possible to find a job you just have to look in different places and I hope some one is not being over looked just for there name I am sure it happens but it should not. Daniel

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you're working you might need to help him get into your place of employment. Or you need to use some of the connections that you have to get him a job. That's what I did with my husband. Did you try a temp agency? Fast food places will not hire him without and work experience unfortunatly but if you get him in with a temp agency first that will give him a reference. Then you need to make sure that you do his resume. You don't want to put down too much quilification if he is applying to work at Mcdonalds because then they will say he is to quilify. There is hope Sister hang in there. Walks in the park are free. Pack a lunch and enjoy the beuty of ALLAH's creation. Connect him with the Muslim community see if that helps. Has he reached out to his fellow Muslims? The key is humbleness is so important on job interviews. If you go in with a proudful spirit then you more then likely won't get the job.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, this is like beating a dead horse, but I will do what no others have done to solve your problem. You need a job. He needs a job. You are broke. Now, I ask you to keep an open mind. I know that you are educated and might consider what I am about to propose as silly. But, I will go ahead and tell you anyways. Our economy is in the dumper. Manufacturing has all but vanished. One industry that has stood the test of every economic down turn has been the trucking industry. I know doctors and lawyers who gave it all up to drive big trucks and they love it. I hope you are a doctor or a lawyer. You can be working within two weeks if you want. Both of you can travel the country and get paid well for it. As a matter of fact, both of you can learn to drive and be making $120,000 within two years. You think I am lying? That will be your problem. Investigate some trucking schools in your area. Find out, by going to some truck stops in your area and talk to couples who are driving together. What have you got to lose but a few hours of your time.

Great Idea! That's a fantastic way of making money Truck Drivers are always in demand. You can drive locally or long distance and truck driving school doesn't take that long to complete either. The classes are offered at alot of community colleges. My Father drove for 35 years and his average pay was $80,000 per year. Good Luck to You Both

event.png

event.png

PS also try staffing agencies...

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I know a person who is a US Citizen who had the same kind of troubles finding jobs, because of her clearly Iranian name. Want a suggestion? Put Mark T. instead of Mohamed T. See if things change. I'm not joking, I know she did it too. And got interviewed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The President got his job without changing his name.

I would second networking.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Let's be serious people what truck driving agency would trust him? The first thing they will think is that he is a huge liability of transporting weapons of mass destruction. That is the society that we live in and it's the majority mind set. Sorry I didn't make the rules I just live in them. His best bet is to reach out to his Muslim Community......... Let's take a look at what's going on in Egypt, please people. Send your husband to his local Dunkin Donuts or 7-11 stores to apply. If you live in a rural community that the Muslim population is low well then all I can say is ALLAH be with you. I know you don't have the money to relocate to a state where the Islamic Community is large, but you need to start thinking quick if you want to save your marriage.

Timeline

The President got his job without changing his name.

I would second networking.

No offence but you're ignorant. He is a biracial, but society calls him a BLACK man because of the color of his skin regardless that his mother that raised him, and grandparents to be the man he is today were WHITE folks. His father came from a African Nation that were ISLAMIC. More power to our great leaders mother for not having any shame of who her son ancesters were.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No offense but you're ignorant. He is a biracial, but society calls him a BLACK man because of the color of his skin regardless that his mother that raised him, and grandparents to be the man he is today were WHITE folks. His father came from a African Nation that were ISLAMIC. More power to our great leaders mother for not having any shame of who her son ancestors were.

I corrected your typos.

Trying reading again what I wrote.

No where did I mention the color of his skin.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I corrected your typos.

Trying reading again what I wrote.

No where did I mention the color of his skin.

I'm not in English class nor am I conducting business. This is VJ who gives a rat's A** about typos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Folks we may be all just here beating a dead horse anyway. Has anyone seen hide or hair of the OP?? Anyway, my husband is from Egypt too and he found a job on his own in a matter of a couple weeks. Now mind you, he was a teacher for 14 years before he came here and at present time he is stocking for a grocery store at night but he did find a job. In the meantime, he has gotten his certification in our local school district and has been hired to substitute teach due to the fact that our local school district doesn't have a need for an Arabic language teacher. We live in Louisville, KY and I wouldn't consider it the hotbed of diversity by any means. For the most part his nationality hasn't caused any issues.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

He's been here 2 years, and we've put in so many applications at so many different kinds of jobs. We've lost count. NOT one FR***** interview. He's educated, presentable, well-spoken but if no one will interview him how will they choose him. We've begun to consider it is his name, predjudice, else why won't even McDonald's call him in for an interview.(Mohamed T. Mohamed) We are at the end of our ropes and it's taking a toll, a big one on our marriage.

We have had nothing but problems since we met,took me three years to get him here, now I think we both regret it. Of course, we love each other, but how can we go on like this? I know no one can really help. Unless you have a job for him. But I really wish someone could. He's in school, but it's not enough to keep him happy and occuppied, we are bored sick with having no money, and no fun. Can't even afford to go out for a stupid hamburger. We are depressed and miserable and can't even enjoy each other's company anymore, or can't muster the energy and interest to find "free things" to do. We just want to begin our lives. He needs a job to do that.

A CNA TAINING CLASS TAKES THREE WEEKS AND SOMETIMES THEY HAVE PAID TRAINING..JUST A THOUGHT IF HE DOES CITIZEN SHIP U CAN OPT TO CHANGE IS NAME SO U WILL GET THRU THIS I PROMISE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Betsy we were just up your way on vacation....I agree with you Tamer got his job on his own after trying many many places. In Egypt he was a lawyer but here he works for Walmart part time and works for a friend (he met at the Mosque) delivering pizza to help him out with his business. We spent a lot of time at the employment office and yes I was there to help with things he didnt understand at first, then he started going on his own, because I do have to work too. Keep a look out for any new business being built. We are always looking for better opportunities but took what was out there first. Good luck and keep trying at any and all places. Ask everywhere you go. If he is going to school, then why not start asking people there if they have anything for students like a work/study program.

Where do you live?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

No offence but you're ignorant. He is a biracial, but society calls him a BLACK man because of the color of his skin regardless that his mother that raised him, and grandparents to be the man he is today were WHITE folks. His father came from a African Nation that were ISLAMIC. More power to our great leaders mother for not having any shame of who her son ancesters were.

It was on all national news shows that the President checked off his race as Black/African American on his Census form last year. It was made a story in an attempt to make him more popular within the black community which has always had doubts about his blackness, because according to some prominent black leaders, "Obama was not down for the fight". It would appear that the President did not want to recognize his biracial background for purely political reasons.

As far as the original poster - volunteer somewhere. It will have lots of great side benefits for you in the way of networking, helping people, meeting people that may have jobs, etc...

Also, what about the school you are attending? They surely must know of companies that are hiring. Maybe some of the instructors, teachers, professors know of jobs. Tell them you are looking so they will help you look. Maybe the school has some kind of job/study program where you will work directly for the school. It could be a great resume builder.

Edited by wshc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Let's be serious people what truck driving agency would trust him? The first thing they will think is that he is a huge liability of transporting weapons of mass destruction. That is the society that we live in and it's the majority mind set. Sorry I didn't make the rules I just live in them. His best bet is to reach out to his Muslim Community......... Let's take a look at what's going on in Egypt, please people. Send your husband to his local Dunkin Donuts or 7-11 stores to apply. If you live in a rural community that the Muslim population is low well then all I can say is ALLAH be with you. I know you don't have the money to relocate to a state where the Islamic Community is large, but you need to start thinking quick if you want to save your marriage.

I see alot of Middle Eastern men driving truck all the time. They get hired we have a Muslim driver who works with us in our building and I know of several more in the bay area. I see every type of people driving trucks.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.