srexplorador

Beneficiary different counntry residence of citizenship

6 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I really need help please

I have my fiancee living with legal residence in Argentina but her citizenship is from Chile. Do I need to include in my I-129F package any documentation that proof her legal residence in Argentina? I didn't find anything from USCIS about this. I just stating her address in the I-129F.

THANKS!

Hello there,

I have my fiancee living with legal residence in Argentina but her citizenship is from Chile. Do I need to include in my I-129F package any documentation that proof her legal residence in Argentina? I didn't find anything from USCIS about this. I just stating her address in the I-129F.

THANKS!

No I don't believe so. I never did. I think USCIS just assumes your fiance will be able to go there to do the embassy interview. It is possible that she might want to take proof of her residence to her interview.

That said, I would think it really shouldn't be US embassy concern.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello there,

THANKS!

I think it is a good idea. Somehow you must prove she was in Argentina when you were, assuming that is where you met. I am processing an RFE because of a similar circumstance. My fiancee is a Filipina living in Japan. I provided no proof that she was in Japan when I was there. We are sending her resident alien card in Japanese and a translated version as well as a copy of her complete passport. The passport shows her residency stamp as well as when she entered the country last.

No I don't believe so. I never did. I think USCIS just assumes your fiance will be able to go there to do the embassy interview. It is possible that she might want to take proof of her residence to her interview.

That said, I would think it really shouldn't be US embassy concern.

Thanks LookyWhatIFound, I think I should send a proof of residence based on what TRanger said below...

I think it is a good idea. Somehow you must prove she was in Argentina when you were, assuming that is where you met. I am processing an RFE because of a similar circumstance. My fiancee is a Filipina living in Japan. I provided no proof that she was in Japan when I was there. We are sending her resident alien card in Japanese and a translated version as well as a copy of her complete passport. The passport shows her residency stamp as well as when she entered the country last.

Thanks for your time TRanger... I was thinking the same thing about proofing she was in Argentina when I met her... but she entered to Argentina in 1984... USCIS is asking you the proof of your fiancee being in Japan when you were there or they need to know that she is able to process the K-1 in Japan? Thanks man

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just that she was in Japan when I was there. The request for evidence was regarding "proof of having met in the past two years". They asked specifically for all of her passport pages. The thought occurred to me when I filed, but I thought, nah - I don't need that, she lives there. It would have saved me at least a month in round trip processing of the RFE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.