Captain Ewok

Info on Paperwork/Forms and the Visa Interview

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Click HERE for packets you will probably get from the embassy when your petition arrives there. These are actually from Poland, but are used world-wide. :) You should practice filling out and know what to do so when you do get them in the mail, you can fill them out and send back immediately.

This is a list of Example Questions that you may be asked at your interview.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello does anybody know how to get an interview appointment in manila embassy???

my wife petitions already been approved and everything all that were waiting for is tha dates for

interview,but its been bout 3 months now and still nothing is happening...can somebody advice please..thanks

Edited by savant

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i think u shoul call the or email them

EAD

-----------

10-05-2006 : NOA1

10-23-2006 : fingerprinting

10-24-2006 : notice that case has moved to Vermont

I-130

--------

05-09-2006 : Mailed I-30 (husband and son)

05-11-2006 : I-130 Received by NSC

05-11-2006 : Receipt Date

05-26-2006 : Notice Date

06-01-2006 : Check cleared

06-02-2006 : Received NOA1 in mail

06-03-2006 : touched (must be payment posted...)

10-07-2006 : approved

129F / K3

--------

06-05-2006 : Mailed I-129F

06-09-2006 : NOA1

07-31-2006 : NOA2

08-10-2006 : NVC number assigned

08-11-2006 : sent to Consulate, India

08-14-2006 : packet 3 sent by embassy

08-28-2006 : pkt 4 collected from embassy

09-20-2006 : interview - approved!!!!

09-30-2006 : Honey I am home !

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello does anybody know how to get an interview appointment in manila embassy???

my wife petitions already been approved and everything all that were waiting for is tha dates for

interview,but its been bout 3 months now and still nothing is happening...can somebody advice please..thanks

Savant.

Hi! You should call manila embassy to ask if you already have an appointment date, when did manila embassy received your case?, Anyway you can find some answers in manila embassy thread, Guy Uling has all the information in His signature. You can check it out. The first thing you do is really call the manila embassy and ask them about your case.:) Good luck to you!

Jen

We Met Oct 2002

I-129f sent June 24 '06

NOA1 June 26

IMBRA RFE sent July 15 '06

I-129f NOA2 Approval August 9 '06

left NVC, case # assigned August 15 '06

petition received by Embassy August 23 '06

MNL2006723XXX

interview date Dec 12 '06

Patience is the virtue, Thank you Lord, Your Promises Never Fail

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Click HERE for packets you will probably get from the embassy when your petition arrives there. These are actually from Poland, but are used world-wide. :) You should practice filling out and know what to do so when you do get them in the mail, you can fill them out and send back immediately.

hello

I am having hard time checking out the packets link :crying:

help me please

:help:

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

The link does not work for me either...

hello

help me please

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Is there anyone out there who lives in the UK and have a USA fiance who is filing for them to come to the USA to live.

I would like a list of the documents that you are asked to take with you at the interview at the USA embassy in the UK.

hello

help me please

hello

help me please

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I just went through the whole process of waiting for the NVC to send the case to the US embassy Phnom penh, Cambodia. what helped a lot during this whole process was contacting my state representative in congress and as soon as they contacted The National Visa Center and the embassy directly I had an interview date within a week, before that I had been waiting and waiting even though the case was "completed" with the NVC.

try this suggestion, you won't regret it, thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My 129-F is at the Consulate for my K-3. I am getting confused now about the Affidavit of Support and which one. Does my husband need to complete one? It has not been mentioned in any of the letters received or in packet #3

The Vancouver US Embassy/Consulate Info link states that packet 3 contains an I-134, but mine did not (or is it for K-1's only?). It also mentions an OF-167....what is that? And do I need to be concerned about it.

I-130 Process

02-24-2007 | Marriage

03-21-2007 | mailed I-130 to Nebraska

04-05-2007 | Received NOA1

08-23-2007 | touched, wooohoooo (4.5 months later)

08-23-2007 | approved

Unsure | received NOA2

I-129F

04-09-2007 | mailed I-129F to Chicago

04-20-2007 | cheque cashed

04-23-2007 | Received NOA1 - advised it could take 60-180 days

to process

05-04-2007 | file transferred to California

05-08-2007 | touched

05-31-2007 | email received re: I-129F is pending at CSC

06-01-2007 | touched

08-23-2007 | approved and to be forwarded to NVC

Unsure | received NOA2

10-02-2007 | received letter dated 09-27-2007 from NVC stating they received it and would forward

to Consulate in Vancouver

10-09-2007 | emailed Consulate to advise of my new address in Canada

10-10-2007 | email received from the Consulate stating they received my file on 10-01-2007 and

mailed the package to me but would mail another that day to my new address.

10-11-2007 | received the original package that was mailed to my old address (forwarded by the post

office)

10-24-2007 l medical exam and faxed checklist to Consulate

10-25-2007 l interview date letter mailed to me by Consulate

10-29-2007 l email reply from Consulate advising they mailed the letter and my interview date is set for

my birthday, November 13, 2007

11-13-2007 l interview at 1:00 at Consulate. Verbal approval

11-14-2007 l picked up my visa....woohoooo

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My 129-F is at the Consulate for my K-3. I am getting confused now about the Affidavit of Support and which one. Does my husband need to complete one? It has not been mentioned in any of the letters received or in packet #3

The Vancouver US Embassy/Consulate Info link states that packet 3 contains an I-134, but mine did not (or is it for K-1's only?). It also mentions an OF-167....what is that? And do I need to be concerned about it.

Disregard my previous post. I emailed the Vancouver Consulate yesterday and they responded very quickly. We don't need an Affidavit of Support for a K3 and only what is on the checklist...unless they ask for additional documents during the interview.

I-130 Process

02-24-2007 | Marriage

03-21-2007 | mailed I-130 to Nebraska

04-05-2007 | Received NOA1

08-23-2007 | touched, wooohoooo (4.5 months later)

08-23-2007 | approved

Unsure | received NOA2

I-129F

04-09-2007 | mailed I-129F to Chicago

04-20-2007 | cheque cashed

04-23-2007 | Received NOA1 - advised it could take 60-180 days

to process

05-04-2007 | file transferred to California

05-08-2007 | touched

05-31-2007 | email received re: I-129F is pending at CSC

06-01-2007 | touched

08-23-2007 | approved and to be forwarded to NVC

Unsure | received NOA2

10-02-2007 | received letter dated 09-27-2007 from NVC stating they received it and would forward

to Consulate in Vancouver

10-09-2007 | emailed Consulate to advise of my new address in Canada

10-10-2007 | email received from the Consulate stating they received my file on 10-01-2007 and

mailed the package to me but would mail another that day to my new address.

10-11-2007 | received the original package that was mailed to my old address (forwarded by the post

office)

10-24-2007 l medical exam and faxed checklist to Consulate

10-25-2007 l interview date letter mailed to me by Consulate

10-29-2007 l email reply from Consulate advising they mailed the letter and my interview date is set for

my birthday, November 13, 2007

11-13-2007 l interview at 1:00 at Consulate. Verbal approval

11-14-2007 l picked up my visa....woohoooo

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hello everyone can anyone tell me what u get in 3.5 packege for CR1and do u have to do the medical with 3.5and send it to embassy or u get it afterword

Hey all....okay...I'm reading the gov.state website (cause I'm foolish to think they may give some valuable information) and it says the DS230 is required with the Packet 3.5....DIDN'T WE JUST DO THIS??? My husband had to send it to ME to send to NVC MONTHS ago..is he really going to have to fill out a new one and send it in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.