Wandis

Everyone should stop acting like big babies

111 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Perhaps not directly, but are you aware of your implication? Another life lesson I've taken, is to not worry about things that are outside of your control. And certainly how someone else wants to express themselves, about the process, would be one of those things, no?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As someone earlier stated, it's healthiest to accept the process as a 8-9 month wait. It could be longer or shorter. Those for whom it's longer I do admire for their patience. I don't mind people using this forum to vent, but if it gets personal that's a different story. This site offers many things, but most importantly it helps us all to remain sane. The waiting is so difficult. It helps to know you're not the only person going through this stuff.

If I had know before this K1 process was going to take this long --I would have filed for a CR1/IR1. :thumbs:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yep I second that :crying:

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
My opinion was that I think people should know what they got themselves into. You think they are entitled to whine. But you do not think I am entitled to think that they should accept the situation that they are in.

I woke up one morning and thought, "I'm going to fall in love with someone who lives three thousand miles away and then spend six months doing paperwork so that we can be together", and then proceeded to do exactly that.

:bonk:

Knowing what we got into doesn't make it any easier.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.