E & B

2nd Interview

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline

My husband went for his CR-1 interview today. He stated the interview went well but they wanted another copy of our marriage license. We sent the original marriage license and original birth certificates for both of us and now they want birth certificates from both of us and marriage license from Haiti archives. They also want me to come to the 2nd interview in Haiti with him. We will go May 14. He states that they did not ask for us to bring anything else but I am sure they will ask for something. They gave him a number for me to call and talk with them but I was unable to talk to any at that number today so I emailed them and they e-mailed me back about the date. Since I did not think they would e-mail me back so soon I did not ask a lot of questions but I did e-mail them agian after they responded in 2 hours. I have not received a second e-mail yet. Does anyone know what else they would want when I go to Haiti.

Loving Life

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They are probably doing a stokes type interview with the two of you. That is were they separate you can ask a series of questions to see if you know each other to their satisfaction.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
They are probably doing a stokes type interview with the two of you. That is were they separate you can ask a series of questions to see if you know each other to their satisfaction.
Yes, and don't take this lightly. See this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/207292-embassy-wants-petitioner-at-next-cr-1-interview-any-advice/

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

They rescheduled our dual interview for april 16 at 8am on a saturday. I asked if I needed to bring anything but they did not respond to that part of the e-mail. The e-mail just stated dual interview. Would they tell you if it was a stokes iterview. They also stated if we did not take this interview then we would have to wait to July because they are all booked up.

Loving Life

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
They rescheduled our dual interview for april 16 at 8am on a saturday.
They could be planning to grill you all day.
Would they tell you if it was a stokes iterview.
Never. Ours was duplicitously called a "marriage" interview.
They also stated if we did not take this interview then we would have to wait to July because they are all booked up.
If you're prepared for a Stokes, then go now; if not, reschedule for July. In either event, bring copious amounts of "evidence of bona fide relationship."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I was not asking whether I should take the appointment or not and I will be prepared with what I have. I wanted to know what kind of questions that could be asked and doing my research anything is possible. I will not be intimidated by an interview(even if it is a stokes). I can only answer truthfully and honestly to whatever is asked and present the documentation to support it. I am goin to this interview with my husband as scheduled.

Loving Life

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I was not asking whether I should take the appointment or not and I will be prepared with what I have. I wanted to know what kind of questions that could be asked and doing my research anything is possible. I will not be intimidated by an interview(even if it is a stokes). I can only answer truthfully and honestly to whatever is asked and present the documentation to support it. I am goin to this interview with my husband as scheduled.

Good luck E&B! Even though you have a lot of confidence, I would just say to practice the questions beforehand. My fiance had his interview yesterday and we practiced possible questions a lot. Because I knew he was going to be so nervous I didn't want him to say something silly or offensive. It definitely helped him because he had already thought out the responses, even to simple questions like when did you meet, and how do you spend your time together.

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/stokes-interview-marriage-based-immigration.php

Again, Good Luck and keep us posted!

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The kind of questions they may ask include

Names ,ages, employment and education of children, siblings and parents

Pets , what types and ages

Living arrageents, they may ask details a person that has never visited would have to have been told, how big how many stories how many bedrooms bathroom, own/rent, what is the payment

If either was married before , why was there a divorce , what is the ex's name where are they what did they do , how did they meet.

About your partner educational history ( school degrees and dates) employment history where has he/she lived before. Dating history.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If it is a stokes interview they will ask simple questions looking for common answers since they will seperate the 2 of you to different rooms.

Example

What side of the bed do you sleep on? Then ask this same question of your fiance

What is your favorite food? again asking same question of fiance

Stokes interview is designed to see if the two people actually know each other. Names dates etc can be memorized, but the questions in a stokes are designed to surprise you with simple day to day life details.

Question that catches many people for those people that talk on video chat or phone daily, because people will bring tons of emails etc to an interview to prove bonafied.

What time does your fiance normally call you everyday?

Answer honestly and don't be nervous. A valid relationship will easily pass a stokes interview. A non valid will be found quickly.

Timeline

Good luck E&B! Even though you have a lot of confidence, I would just say to practice the questions beforehand. My fiance had his interview yesterday and we practiced possible questions a lot. Because I knew he was going to be so nervous I didn't want him to say something silly or offensive. It definitely helped him because he had already thought out the responses, even to simple questions like when did you meet, and how do you spend your time together.

http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/stokes-interview-marriage-based-immigration.php

Again, Good Luck and keep us posted!

Thanks

Loving Life

Timeline

The kind of questions they may ask include

Names ,ages, employment and education of children, siblings and parents

Pets , what types and ages

Living arrageents, they may ask details a person that has never visited would have to have been told, how big how many stories how many bedrooms bathroom, own/rent, what is the payment

If either was married before , why was there a divorce , what is the ex's name where are they what did they do , how did they meet.

About your partner educational history ( school degrees and dates) employment history where has he/she lived before. Dating history.

So they will ask these questions even if we have not lived together, except for the times I visit haiti and lived with him. I am printing this out because a couple of these we have not went over such as pets because I do not have any so there was never a reason to mention it. I am goin on tuesday. In Feb when I went for a week these r the kind of question and answers we went over and when we talk on the phone daily I ask him over and over about different things. Now you have my thought process spiralling to the many combinations.

Thanks

Loving Life

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.