schretel

newbie in the group

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello everyone,

I am now part of the "hi, they denied my fiance his visa" group. Salah had his interview this morning and Nahal Kazeem (sp?) was his interviewer. I hear she's a death sentence, so I wrote directly to her and asked her to reconsider her decision and gave compelling reasons why. I also contacted my senators and congressmen. I am thankful to be given this link to denied visas. Thank you to everyone who has posted things to do...this is exactly what I need to do to keep myself from breaking down.

thanks!

Jennifer & Salah

February 2010 met on interpals

March 2010 started getting serious

15- 24 June 2010 my first visit to Morocco

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

29 July 2010 I-29F received

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

26 January 2011 NOA2/petition approved

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello everyone,

I am now part of the "hi, they denied my fiance his visa" group. Salah had his interview this morning and Nahal Kazeem (sp?) was his interviewer. I hear she's a death sentence, so I wrote directly to her and asked her to reconsider her decision and gave compelling reasons why. I also contacted my senators and congressmen. I am thankful to be given this link to denied visas. Thank you to everyone who has posted things to do...this is exactly what I need to do to keep myself from breaking down.

thanks!

I really hope you can make it back to Morocco soon to see him. I truly believe that if you do, marry him there, and file for a CR1, that you won't have problems with a second interview. I know it's hard to get over there, especially with the prices of tickets going up, but you need to. Not only for your case, but for your sanity. You guys make a really handsome couple, btw. I'm sorry you have to go through this :(

Sarah

I really hope you can make it back to Morocco soon to see him. I truly believe that if you do, marry him there, and file for a CR1, that you won't have problems with a second interview. I know it's hard to get over there, especially with the prices of tickets going up, but you need to. Not only for your case, but for your sanity. You guys make a really handsome couple, btw. I'm sorry you have to go through this :(

Sarah

haha, thanks for the "handsome" comment...can you see the 14 year age difference? I betcha you can't nor would you see if if you met us. sigh, I hate having something I can't change held over me as to why I can't be with my loved one. I am looking into spending the summer with him. Probably going to do the marriage route if we can't get someone to listen to us before the files gets returned to USCIS.

Btw, your daughter is adorable. I can't wait to have little Moroccan babies too!

Jennifer & Salah

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

event.png

event.png

Timeline

haha, thanks for the "handsome" comment...can you see the 14 year age difference? I betcha you can't nor would you see if if you met us. sigh, I hate having something I can't change held over me as to why I can't be with my loved one. I am looking into spending the summer with him. Probably going to do the marriage route if we can't get someone to listen to us before the files gets returned to USCIS.

Btw, your daughter is adorable. I can't wait to have little Moroccan babies too!

I'd start making plans ahead of time for the marriage route. It takes a little while to get the required documents to marry in Morocco from here in the States. Realistically, (from my personal experience of reading other's stories on here) there is a very slim chance of your case being reviewed. You should prepare for the possibility of it, however if their main reason for denial was not enough time spent together, the only way to remedy that is by spending more time together. And no, I couldn't see a 14 year age difference. I don't think that was the issue.

On a side note, get yourself a bunch of pretty dresses when you get married over there. I wore a big rented tapesty of a caftan and it sucked. I regret not pushing the dress issue :)

Thanks for the comment about my daughter :) Her cuteness is her saving grace, she's a spoiled little Moroccan baby!

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very sorry you guys got this denial. Me and my fiance haven't had the interview yet. We have lots of things "against" us, the age being one of them. I too want to add my "good luck" from here on out. A summer together ahhhh sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Good luck, really. I hope all will resolve in the best possible way for you!

event.png

Very sorry you guys got this denial. Me and my fiance haven't had the interview yet. We have lots of things "against" us, the age being one of them. I too want to add my "good luck" from here on out. A summer together ahhhh sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Good luck, really. I hope all will resolve in the best possible way for you!

I finally got an answer from the consulate, it wasn't the issue of age. I believe that's because it is against our US laws to discriminate based on age. They will find another reason if they want to. Our reason was my 9 day stay...not long enough for them to think we wanted to get married. But the months before and after talking daily for hours didn't give us a clue, I guess.

I sincerely believe they were going to use that excuse until they were blue in the face. So, we were doomed even before the interview. In my opinion, it's not right to have your decision made before the interview. Or if that is the case, why take someone's hard earned money and waste both the interviewer's and the interviewee's time? That is my biggest problem with it all.

Jennifer & Salah

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I finally got an answer from the consulate, it wasn't the issue of age. I believe that's because it is against our US laws to discriminate based on age. They will find another reason if they want to. Our reason was my 9 day stay...not long enough for them to think we wanted to get married. But the months before and after talking daily for hours didn't give us a clue, I guess.

I sincerely believe they were going to use that excuse until they were blue in the face. So, we were doomed even before the interview. In my opinion, it's not right to have your decision made before the interview. Or if that is the case, why take someone's hard earned money and waste both the interviewer's and the interviewee's time? That is my biggest problem with it all.

Most likely the age is one of the issues but they will not put that in black and white. Are there other possible issues? Have you been married before, any kids, culture, religion, did you stay with his family, does he have any family in the USA......go over each question that was asked at the interview. You'll need to address the issues at the next interview and next filing.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Most likely the age is one of the issues but they will not put that in black and white. Are there other possible issues? Have you been married before, any kids, culture, religion, did you stay with his family, does he have any family in the USA......go over each question that was asked at the interview. You'll need to address the issues at the next interview and next filing.

I have never been married, I have no kids. Neither of us are very religious and the discussions we've had on the subject are compatible. We have different faiths, but the basic beliefs are the same.

I did stay with his family, they accepted me with open arms, communicated to me that they approved of the marriage. His mother was so sweet, while we were watching the cousin's wedding video...she put a ring on her finger, pointed at me and Salah and then did the ever famous Arabic cry that women do with their tongue...it was so cute! hahaha The little things his family did proved to me they approved of our marriage. I was immediately taken in as a member of their family. So I know his family accepts me.

The interviewer claims he copied a letter off the internet. He DID research letters to find something good to say, but he never copied it. I think we all use the internet to find a better way to say what we want to say from time to time. She also claims he said we could get to know one another better after he got here. This of course was said AFTER she gave him the rejection letter and he was pleading with her that we have a bona fide relationship.

The only issue they have against our petition is my 9 day visit, and they didn't want to give it to him, so they didn't. From what I understand the petition was sent off immediately. I guess so we couldn't fight it while it was still in Casa.

I know my visit wasn't long but it took a lot of planning to even get me to Morocco for those 9 days. So this summer not only do I have to find the money to go back, but we have to be a burden on his family for several weeks and plan a wedding. I just feel this is unfair to everyone involved.

The only available step now is to wait a month until USCIS reviews it then fight it. Either that or we wait until the K1 has expired and I travel to Morocco to marry him there. Another several thousand dollars just to be with him. It really disgusts me, but I guess that's the only way we can be together.

Jennifer & Salah

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

event.png

event.png

Sarah

Check with Mrs. Amera on this - she posted something not too long ago about a friend being denied CR1, if I'm remembering correctly.

I have never been married, I have no kids. Neither of us are very religious and the discussions we've had on the subject are compatible. We have different faiths, but the basic beliefs are the same.

I did stay with his family, they accepted me with open arms, communicated to me that they approved of the marriage. His mother was so sweet, while we were watching the cousin's wedding video...she put a ring on her finger, pointed at me and Salah and then did the ever famous Arabic cry that women do with their tongue...it was so cute! hahaha The little things his family did proved to me they approved of our marriage. I was immediately taken in as a member of their family. So I know his family accepts me.

The interviewer claims he copied a letter off the internet. He DID research letters to find something good to say, but he never copied it. I think we all use the internet to find a better way to say what we want to say from time to time. She also claims he said we could get to know one another better after he got here. This of course was said AFTER she gave him the rejection letter and he was pleading with her that we have a bona fide relationship.

The only issue they have against our petition is my 9 day visit, and they didn't want to give it to him, so they didn't. From what I understand the petition was sent off immediately. I guess so we couldn't fight it while it was still in Casa.

I know my visit wasn't long but it took a lot of planning to even get me to Morocco for those 9 days. So this summer not only do I have to find the money to go back, but we have to be a burden on his family for several weeks and plan a wedding. I just feel this is unfair to everyone involved.

The only available step now is to wait a month until USCIS reviews it then fight it. Either that or we wait until the K1 has expired and I travel to Morocco to marry him there. Another several thousand dollars just to be with him. It really disgusts me, but I guess that's the only way we can be together.

What was the purpose of the letter they say he copied from the internet?

How long was the interview? What questions were asked?

In what way are you thinking you'll be a burden to his family?

Not sure what you mean about waiting a month for USCIS to review your returned petition. It's more likely that it won't be reviewed and will just expire. Also, you don't necessarily have to wait until it expires to get married.

Edited by msheesha

Timeline

Not sure what you mean about waiting a month for USCIS to review your returned petition. It's more likely that it won't be reviewed and will just expire. Also, you don't necessarily have to wait until it expires to get married.

:yes: It is possible that the consulate may have extended the petition before sending it. If that's the case, it may be reviewed, but it would take much longer than one month for a review to happen. More like 4-6 months. It takes more than a month just for USCIS to get the petition back.

What was the purpose of the letter they say he copied from the internet?

How long was the interview? What questions were asked?

In what way are you thinking you'll be a burden to his family?

The purpose of the letter was just to tell me how he felt. A simple email before we filed to let me know he loved me and wanted to be with me. It was nothing more that a simple piece of evidence they choose to pick out amidst the hundreds of pages of conversations, etc.

The interivew was over an hour. They asked all sorts of questions, from what we talk about to my political views, but she only chose to focus on the length of my stay and the letter he wrote. He has the feeling as soon as he started answering questions that she wasn't going to approve him.

I think I will be a burden to the family because I will be living with them this summer. His family is not well off and putting up another person for a few months will be at least a financial burden for them. Not to mention they will want to throw us a wedding. I know they will do whatever they can to do so without thinking of the costs. That's what I mean by being a burden. this is something I do not want to do.

I was told that the K1 petition is only valid 4 months after its approval. Our approval date was 26 Jan. I only meant if no extension was filed it would be expired by June and we could get married then file the K1 spousal.

I am looking into trying to find work in Morocco teaching English at least for the summer. Does anyone have any leads? I have taught English abroad before, but I only have a teaching certificate from the states to teach general English. Thanks for any leads you may have.

Jennifer & Salah

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.