Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Filling I-485 with copy of I-797C

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: South Korea

My wife and I were unsure where we would be living when we filed the I-130 form in late January from the USA. As it turns out I got a job in the US Military and we will be stationed here in the US, but my wife is still on a Tourist Visa which expires early March.

Is there anyway I can file our I-485 packet with a copy of the I-797C form immediately and amend our case at USCIS to allow my wife to stay here legally as an AOS candidate?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

Yes, that is how you will do it, file I-485 and attach a copy of I-130 NOA, however normally NOA-2 (I-130 Approval is needed) because the I-485 tends to be based on an "Approved" I-130.

See 1. A


I-485 Instructions.

Moving to AOS from Work/Student/TOURIST visa forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you can attach an NOA1 - approval is not needed. Choice A in the reasons says you can attach a petition which, if approved, would make an immigrant visa number immediately available to you (or B in what is shown above). You can check out member USUY2010 - they filed I-485 with an attached copy of NOA1 from I-130 because their original packet was in two envelopes and the I-485 was rejected, but the I-130 was accepted. Eventually when they resubmitted the I-485, it got matched up with the I-130 at CSC and was transferred to NBC and became a normal concurrent case. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...