I AM NOT THAT GUY

Why liberals love trains.

82 posts in this topic

Timeline

no worries, it will happen soon enough.

major cities around the world with CCTV cameras watching every last angle in the name of 'safety.'

Nothing like that is in the name of safety and pure idiocy puts something like that into place if it is. There are plenty out there who would use it to their advantage.

I really gotta find the right icon that means facetious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As much as I hate to admit it (as I hate spending money on trains) a Dallas/Fort Worth to Austin/San Antonio/Houston route for HSR would do really really well... A lot of people jump on planes because it's a short flight.. but if you could hop on a train and get moving and not have the airport security checks/waiting around, then people would definitely go for it.

I want a train to the Philippines. I just flew from austin to houston and we spent more time taxi ing How the hell do you spell that? than we did flying

Timeline

I want a train to the Philippines. I just flew from austin to houston and we spent more time taxi ing How the hell do you spell that? than we did flying

I could never imagine flying from Austin to Houston. Is there anything in Houston that makes one want to hurry to get to it?blink.gif

After all is it only a 3 and a half hour drive.

Edited by luckytxn

Filed: Timeline

The shortest flights I've ever been on were Raleigh<->Charlotte (last year) and Dhaka<->Kolkata (many years ago). I am bad about recalling specifics but I think both flights were about an hour. On the Dhaka to Kolkata flight I distinctly recall them announcing that they were about to begin their descent at about the same time I finished my tiny can of Coke.

Both flights were connecting flights though, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Edited by \