I AM NOT THAT GUY

Senator Inhofe turns tables on global warming ambushers and gets it on tape

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ambush journalism tactics are often effective, unless, of course, the target is as on his game as Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe.

James-Inhofe.jpg

In recently released footage, a pack of global warming alarmists, led by journalist Mark Hertsgaard, attempt to surprise Inhofe after waiting an hour and a half outside a hearing of the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

In late January Hertsgaard explained his big scheme to “confront the climate cranks” in an article in The Nation.

“Our plan is to confront the climate cranks face to face, on camera, and call them to account for the dangers they have set in motion. We will highlight the ludicrousness of their antiscientific views, which alone should discredit them from further influence over US climate policies,” he wrote.

The tables were turned, however, when instead of making Inhofe — whose cause célèbre has been questioning the global warming agenda — look foolish, the senator made mince meat of his would-be ambusher. Fortunately, Matt Dempsey, Inhofe’s communication’s director, was there to catch it all on camera.

Mark Hertsgaard later posted his own, highly edited version on his website. Not surprisingly, the full version tells a much different story than the edited version.

In the unedited footage, Inhofe goes back and forth with Hertsgaard about the veracity of climate science, refuting Hertsgaard’s claim that all scientists agree that global warming is man-made by citing the scads of scientists who have come out in opposition to that claim.

Mark Hertsgaard (MH): Why does your party continue to deny what the National Academy of Sciences and virtually every scientific organization…

Sen. James Inhofe (JI): You know you ask the same question over and over again. Did you happen six days ago to be at the hearing at the House where I testified?

MH: I was not, sir.

JI: See I answered all those questions in detail. The science is mixed. We all know the science is mixed. The economy is not mixed because the economics are pretty well established.

MH: How is the science mixed when the National Academy of Sciences and every…

JI: We have reports all you have to do is go back and look, I have given numerous talks on the floor…We started off with a list, I believe, of maybe 40 scientists who had different views, then it went up to 2- or 300, then it went to 900 or so. So there are a lot of scientists who don’t agree. I don’t take as gospel everything that comes from any particular scientific group.

MH: When every scientific organization in the world says this, sir.

JI: That is not true.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/18/sen-inhofe-turns-tables-on-global-warming-ambushers-and-gets-it-on-tape-video/#ixzz1EcXM08sK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ambush journalism tactics are often effective, unless, of course, the target is as on his game as Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe.

James-Inhofe.jpg

In recently released footage, a pack of global warming alarmists, led by journalist Mark Hertsgaard, attempt to surprise Inhofe after waiting an hour and a half outside a hearing of the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

In late January Hertsgaard explained his big scheme to "confront the climate cranks" in an article in The Nation.

"Our plan is to confront the climate cranks face to face, on camera, and call them to account for the dangers they have set in motion. We will highlight the ludicrousness of their antiscientific views, which alone should discredit them from further influence over US climate policies," he wrote.

The tables were turned, however, when instead of making Inhofe — whose cause célèbre has been questioning the global warming agenda — look foolish, the senator made mince meat of his would-be ambusher. Fortunately, Matt Dempsey, Inhofe's communication's director, was there to catch it all on camera.

Mark Hertsgaard later posted his own, highly edited version on his website. Not surprisingly, the full version tells a much different story than the edited version.

In the unedited footage, Inhofe goes back and forth with Hertsgaard about the veracity of climate science, refuting Hertsgaard's claim that all scientists agree that global warming is man-made by citing the scads of scientists who have come out in opposition to that claim.

Mark Hertsgaard (MH): Why does your party continue to deny what the National Academy of Sciences and virtually every scientific organization…

Sen. James Inhofe (JI): You know you ask the same question over and over again. Did you happen six days ago to be at the hearing at the House where I testified?

MH: I was not, sir.

JI: See I answered all those questions in detail. The science is mixed. We all know the science is mixed. The economy is not mixed because the economics are pretty well established.

MH: How is the science mixed when the National Academy of Sciences and every…

JI: We have reports all you have to do is go back and look, I have given numerous talks on the floor…We started off with a list, I believe, of maybe 40 scientists who had different views, then it went up to 2- or 300, then it went to 900 or so. So there are a lot of scientists who don't agree. I don't take as gospel everything that comes from any particular scientific group.

MH: When every scientific organization in the world says this, sir.

JI: That is not true.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz1EcXM08sK

The Senator did what Senators do all day long. He didn't concede any points and he didn't win any as far as I could see.

yes it is, no it isnt, yes it is, no it isnt,.

Timeline

I just had a hunch, so I googled it.

Strangely the opposition shows a video of the same conversation and claims victory

I think it's a matter of which side you agreed with in the first place.

http://planetsave.com/2011/02/17/hertsgaard-nails-inhofe-oil-lobbyists-amazing-video-interviews/

Wow, no joke, Mark Hertsgaard nailed it in some key interviews with “climate cranks” in Washington this week. Explicitly pointing out that the most prestigious, overarching scientific bodies in the world have supported climate scientists’ work and conclusions and have stated that accelerated and potentially catastrophic climate change caused by humans is happening; that the Republican party is the only significant political party in the world to deny this; and that climate change action is being held up in the U.S. for non-scientific reasons, Hertsgaard puts the point across extremely well in this short video while putting climate cranks on the hot seat.

One video is a full 5:13, while the other is 2:52, with an intro-doctrination. What does that tell you? :whistle:

Edited by Some Old Guy

I can't wait for the Sen Inhofe review of scientific merit. Maybe he also went to a few study sections?

Who Needs Scientists When You’ve Got James Inhofe?

The big news so far from the current hearing before the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Energy and Power—concerning the so-called “Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011”—is that Senator James Inhofe, the leading climate change denier in the U.S. Congress, has a book coming out.

Inhofe had crossed chambers to testify in favor of the new legislation, which he co-authored with Energy and Commerce chair Fred Upton and subcommittee chair Ed Whitfield, and which would block the Environmental Protection Agency from regulating greenhouse gas emissions under the Clean Air Act. And in response to a question from Upton, Inhofe took the opportunity to mention his book, telling the committee that he just finished it and that it will be entitled "The Hoax.”

The title, presumably, refers to Inhofe’s most (in)famous statement: His 2003 claim that climate change is the “greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.”

http://www.desmogblog.com/who-needs-scientists-when-you%E2%80%99ve-got-james-inhofe

Timeline

I thought it was a little amusing in the 5:13 version. the Senator forgot that he wrote the book that he worked so hard on. His aid had to remind him.

I wonder if he has even read the book?