I AM NOT THAT GUY

Most Americans don’t support unions for public workers

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

As the nation’s eyes fix upon the fascinating battle in Wisconsin, pitting the Republican Governor Scott Walker against public employee union, a poll from the non-partisan Clarus Research Group suggests that most Americans would probably be on the governor’s side on this issue.

Clarus' nationwide study found that 64 percent of American people think state workers should not be able to join labor unions.

Another 29 percent believe that government employees should be represented by unions that bargain for higher pay, benefits and pensions.

The survey also uncovered a deep divide along party lines-- Republicans and independents strongly oppose unionization for government employee. Indeed, only 10 percent of Republicans and 23 percent of independents support the right of public employees to be represented by unions.

Contrarily, 49 percent of Democrats think they should be able to unionize.

By region, voters in the Northeastern states were most supportive of public workers in unions, (42 percent), with Southerners the least supportive (24 percent).

"As pressures to cut state and federal budgets intensify, government employee unions are likely to become a major issue in the 2012 election,” said Ron Faucheux, President of Clarus Research Group.

http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/114185/20110218/unions.htm

I don't know how this ended up here, since I was in the P&R forum when I posted it. Please move. Thank-you. Bye.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

moved

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't support Unions for public servants either, the main reasons being, Unions are often like a snake constricting the employer one squeeze at a time... Also Businesses are better able to control this squeeze by the simply reality of the "market place".

Government has no such mechanism ... they just pass the higher cost on to the local tax payer with no option of -Going out of business.

Also Unions way out gun the School board when negotiations take place.

I mean think about it, Gov't is the last entity to drive a hard bargain and get a favorable deal for the tax payer.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't support weak individuals who cannot look out for their own best interests and require a group to do so when it comes to their personal employment.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The answer is, and always has been simple. Make union membership an individual CHOICE of each employee everywhere in the USA.

Anyone who is pro-choice would agree with this. Some people that are only pro-abortion do not.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla