2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hello VJ Members

I am new to this site and so far i have found it to be very informative. Thanks to the persons who created this site.

My wife and i have been dating for 3 yrs before getting married last december in the US, my wife is from Barbados and is currently there. I am a US citizen and i am about to file for immigrant status for my wife and her daughter.

My situation is that my wife's daughter who is 6 yrs old from a previous relationship has her father's last name, i have been asking many questions of the USCIS and they have informed me that my wife has to prove to the consulate dealing with our case that there is no custodial battle between the child's father and her. What i would like answered is what exactly do my wife produce for them which proves this, is it a particular document that they are looking for and if so, what is it called.

If there is anyone out there ever had a particular case like this one please let me know what you have done and what was the outcome of your case, as my wife is very adamant that she is not leaving her one and only child in one country and she resides in another.

Thank you all in advance for all your responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The easiest way is a notarized statement from the father that he is aware of his daughter immigration and that he approves of his wife moving to the US with the child.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.