Dimples28

Tax returns for Interview

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why not just get the tax transcripts sent to you instead, much easier than trying to collect all the tax papers and W2s etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

how do you get the tax transcripts sent to you?

Call the IRS and request the years you want, tax transcripts are free. They can be mailed or faxed to you. Mail takes about 1-2 weeks, fax can be same day or next day.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what do you think inky, he is an accountant, asking us for experience on taxes,

First of all I'm not a he, I'm a SHE. Second, I'm not asking advice on taxes. I'm asking advice on presentation of tax returns for embassy at visa interview for my fiance. I don't want my fiance going to interview and they say I didn't sign tax return, when it was electronically filed. My banking information is confidential. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know if I can block it out. None of my questions are tax related. If you don't know the answer, then don't respond. What an #### you are!

Timeline

First of all I'm not a he, I'm a SHE. Second, I'm not asking advice on taxes. I'm asking advice on presentation of tax returns for embassy at visa interview for my fiance. I don't want my fiance going to interview and they say I didn't sign tax return, when it was electronically filed. My banking information is confidential. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know if I can block it out. None of my questions are tax related. If you don't know the answer, then don't respond. What an #### you are!

Shouldn't accountants know that electronic returns are electronically signed when they are sent? which means they need a real signature on them if they are to be used as paper documents?

They have your SSN and personal info already, hiding bank info wont do much.. using tax transcripts is easier because it does not have all that extra info on it. It is simplified and there for easier for the embassy to look over quickly.

Edit --

Oh and also.. doesn't have all the extra personal info on it...

Edited by Inky

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would be great if someone would answer the OP's question.

Do copies of the tax returns need to be signed?

I have the same question. It would be much easier to just sign them than request a summary. However, since they were electronically filed, is this appropriate?

By the way, I was told to have a complete copy of the taxes by someone I trust to know what they are talking about. He told me to make sure to include all forms, schedules, W-2's, and 1099's. I don't think a summary would even come close to that.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

I have the same question. It would be much easier to just sign them than request a summary. However, since they were electronically filed, is this appropriate?

By the way, I was told to have a complete copy of the taxes by someone I trust to know what they are talking about. He told me to make sure to include all forms, schedules, W-2's, and 1099's. I don't think a summary would even come close to that.

-James

I already did answer the question. An Efiled electronic signature tax return needs a REAL signature on the form because it does not have a signature on it....

We didn't use tax returns we used transcripts. We had no problems no RFEs no nothing. Good luck.

Timeline

Shouldn't accountants know that electronic returns are electronically signed when they are sent? which means they need a real signature on them if they are to be used as paper documents?

They have your SSN and personal info already, hiding bank info wont do much.. using tax transcripts is easier because it does not have all that extra info on it. It is simplified and there for easier for the embassy to look over quickly.

Edit --

Oh and also.. doesn't have all the extra personal info on it...

Ofcourse I know that smart @ss, but I've heard stories where they requested a signature even if electronically filed. If you don't understand the question, then don't answer. I don't mind providing my complete tax return, the affidavit of support specifically requests that even though they do accept transcripts. Why request something that i already have in my possession? You are missing the point. I asked two questions and everyone wants to question what I'm doing. Just answer question if you know. There's no need for the smart remarks as I would assume this website is not about that. We are all in this process together, no matter what you are filing for, so have a little respect.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ofcourse I know that smart @ss, but I've heard stories where they requested a signature even if electronically filed. If you don't understand the question, then don't answer. I don't mind providing my complete tax return, the affidavit of support specifically requests that even though they do accept transcripts. Why request something that i already have in my possession? You are missing the point. I asked two questions and everyone wants to question what I'm doing. Just answer question if you know. There's no need for the smart remarks as I would assume this website is not about that. We are all in this process together, no matter what you are filing for, so have a little respect.

Berating other members who are only trying to help is not going to earn you any brownie points. :blush:

If you submit a copy of a paper return then it must be signed. Without your signature in the affirmation portion of the form then there is no reason why a consulate would need to trust that the financial information on the forms is accurate. In other words, if you don't sign it then you could have lied on the form with impunity and there would be no liability for it.

Consulates prefer an IRS tax return transcript instead of a paper copy of the return. They don't care about the details that a paper return would contain that would not be printed on a transcript. What they care about is that you actually filed taxes, and that your total income is enough to qualify for your household size. A paper return does not prove you actually filed the return. Anybody can download a 1040 form and write virtually anything they want on it (hence the reason the paper return needs to be signed). However, an IRS tax return transcript is evidence that a return was filed and accepted by the IRS, and that the figures accurately reflect the figures which were on the filed return.

Ignore the instructions for the I-134. The form was originally created by USCIS, but USCIS doesn't even use the I-134 form anymore. It was determined in multiple court cases to be an unenforceable contract. The I-134 was originally written by an accountant (no offense) rather than a lawyer. It was replaced with the I-864 in 1997 as a result of the IIRIRA act, which required a legally binding affidavit of support. Consulates still use the the I-134 as a convenient means for summarizing the financial status of a sponsor for a non-immigrant visa. The K1 is technically a non-immigrant visa. The alien doesn't become an immigrant until they marry and apply for adjustment of status.

The consulate will tell you what evidence they want with an I-134, and it will often conflict with what the instructions for the form indicate you are supposed to provide. Follow the consulate's instructions. Almost every consulate that I'm aware of will require either a complete copy of the tax return or an IRS tax return transcript for the most recent tax year.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

If I was trying to be a smartie, I would of been a lot more rude and sarcastic rather then asking a question about accountants knowing about signing proper tax forms etc.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1)Do I have to sign copy of tax return if e-filed? Anyone with experience on this one? No

2)Can I block the first couple of digits of my bank info on tax return? It won't hurt

Why not just get the tax transcripts sent to you instead, much easier than trying to collect all the tax papers and W2s etc.

I agree that's what I used and will use.... but she said she didnt want to know.

be Nice.

-James

i agree It was answered. You can create a new post if you have a topic to discuss.. It will be in your portal and so others who missed it on the "front" scroll will see it in the portal section.good.gif

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Jim: im not berating anyone. Im merely responding to someone who was being a jerk. Period. When return is efiled the irs and state provide acknowledgement receipt indicating return was received and process. That is proof that return was filed. I will sign return and attach receipt to be safe. No time to order transcripts and i still prefer t/r...thanks

Ricardo: thanks :), but i think im done with this topic...im exhausted lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.