PhilippineBill

IR2 Manila Inteview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am the petetioner and named agent for my step daughter's IR2 visa application. She is in the philippines and will be interviewed at the embassy in Manila. I just recently sent in the Affidavit of Support & DS230 back to the NVC, and am waiting to hear from them. My questions are - Does NVC set the appointment date at the Embassy in Manila? Do, they notify me by mail (since i am the agent), or do they contact my step daughter at her address in philippines directly, or both?

What would be the usual procedure before the inteview? I'm assuming some type of physical will have to be performed, etc. So, does one arrive several days before the actual interview, go there and come back at a later date, or just what?

We already sent in a ton of forms like Cenomar( certicate no marriage), police clearnaces, affidavit of support.

What other information will she need to take to the embassy besides her being physically present? She lives in Mindanao, and is going to school, how long will she have to be in Manila for interview and any other things - like medical, she has to take. She doesnt want to miss too many days of school if the interview is before the end o march.

Does she have to go to the overeas philippines seminar? Im just trying to do my best to help her plan. Does anyone know how long it takes from the time NVC approves to the time the interview in Manila takes place? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In most cases DOS sets the dates.

They let both know appointment time

NVC will request some documents from you prior to setting an appointment.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

You can contact DOS and ask about status they will let you know about interview date.

For inquiries about visa cases and the application process call: 202-663-1225.

To e-mail the Visa Office for general information, write us at usvisa@state.gov.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I am the petetioner and named agent for my step daughter's IR2 visa application. She is in the philippines and will be interviewed at the embassy in Manila. I just recently sent in the Affidavit of Support & DS230 back to the NVC, and am waiting to hear from them. My questions are - Does NVC set the appointment date at the Embassy in Manila? Do, they notify me by mail (since i am the agent), or do they contact my step daughter at her address in philippines directly, or both?

What would be the usual procedure before the inteview? I'm assuming some type of physical will have to be performed, etc. So, does one arrive several days before the actual interview, go there and come back at a later date, or just what?

We already sent in a ton of forms like Cenomar( certicate no marriage), police clearnaces, affidavit of support.

What other information will she need to take to the embassy besides her being physically present? She lives in Mindanao, and is going to school, how long will she have to be in Manila for interview and any other things - like medical, she has to take. She doesnt want to miss too many days of school if the interview is before the end o march.

Does she have to go to the overeas philippines seminar? Im just trying to do my best to help her plan. Does anyone know how long it takes from the time NVC approves to the time the interview in Manila takes place? Thanks for any help you can give me.

My USC husband is the petitioner for my 2 kids who just got here on an IR2 visa.I am the agent who is also the biological mother(were also from Mindanao).

Yes, the NVC will notify you and the benefeciary about when and where to go for the interview and all that. You will receive and email and a letter from NVC.

The interview will be scheduled a week after the medical exam( if there is no problem with the medical). If i were u it would be better to go ahead and do the medical as soon as uhave the appointment letter.

My 2 kids and my mom stayed at a hotel for a week for the medical since my daughter had a slight problem and had to go back and forth to St. Lukes. Then they went home after that and came back to Manila for the interview.

Basic procedure is ur step daughter will be asked by the consul as well(depends on how old is she). Documents will be asked from her of course like any other applicants.

If she is below 12 she don't have to attend the CFO seminar but will still have to go to CFO office for registration.

If she misses few days of school so be it. My daughter and son missed their school too for 2 weeks and my daughter is supposed to graduate valedictorian this march but she's here now which is what matters.

Message me and let me know if u need to ask some more questions. My kids just got here on IR2 visa in Nov of 2010.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.