Don and Grace

Letter from embassy and UID number and shipping.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi a few of questions i have

Was wondering how long it takes to get letter from the embassy so i can get the interview scheduled? I think its been around 10 days now that they have had my packet. I called them and talked to someone there who told me to wait to go pay the interview fee until she has the letter.

Once the interview fee is paid for how will i go about getting my UID number? I viewed a recent receipt from someone i know, and the receipt did not have the UID number on it.

We are both getting anxious and it has been a long wait.

What are some good ways to ship the paperwork over to her? I called DHL and cost is about $150usd for aprox 10lb packet. Same with FedEx. There is an lbc office here but they said they don't ship documents, only the Balikbayan boxes. Anyone from Oregon that might have suggestion for me?

Hi a few of questions i have

Was wondering how long it takes to get letter from the embassy so i can get the interview scheduled? I think its been around 10 days now that they have had my packet. I called them and talked to someone there who told me to wait to go pay the interview fee until she has the letter.

Once the interview fee is paid for how will i go about getting my UID number? I viewed a recent receipt from someone i know, and the receipt did not have the UID number on it.

We are both getting anxious and it has been a long wait.

What are some good ways to ship the paperwork over to her? I called DHL and cost is about $150usd for aprox 10lb packet. Same with FedEx. There is an lbc office here but they said they don't ship documents, only the Balikbayan boxes. Anyone from Oregon that might have suggestion for me?

It takes about 2 weeks, it gets delivered to your home in the Philippines. Then you just pay at the bank that accepts payments for the US Embassy. You get the UID when you get the payment. As long as you have the receipt paid, you will be okay.

Since your in Oregon, that cost might be like that.. its not like in California where shipments to the Philippines are maybe three times a week.. so its less.. If you have a friend in California, mail it to them to mail it to Philippines. Mine cost me $75 I think at the time.

It takes about 2 weeks, it gets delivered to your home in the Philippines. Then you just pay at the bank that accepts payments for the US Embassy. You get the UID when you get the payment. As long as you have the receipt paid, you will be okay.

Since your in Oregon, that cost might be like that.. its not like in California where shipments to the Philippines are maybe three times a week.. so its less.. If you have a friend in California, mail it to them to mail it to Philippines. Mine cost me $75 I think at the time.

This is incorrect. the UID number is generated once you have scheduled your interview. it comes out on the appointment letter that you can download once you've scheduled your interview appointment online. Keep the BPI receipt as they will ask for it during the interview. All you will need to schedule is your case number, passport number and date of payment.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go ahead and pay it now. The payment is good for a year anyway, and if you know your case is on its way to the embassy, it doesn't hurt to go ahead and get a head start. Then, you should be able to schedule once the embassy enters your case in their system (no need to wait for the letter). If you want more details, refer to this post I wrote a while back.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293624-after-noa2-detailed-summary/

11-30-08 Met on christianpenpals.com
05-27-10 Met for 1st time in person in Philippines
06-02-10 Proposed...She said "yes"!!!
K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-04-11 NOA2 - Finally!!!
01-07-11 NVC received
01-10-11 NVC sent to consulate/embassy (Manila)
01-10-11 NOA2 hardcopy (mail)
01-12-11 Embassy received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
02-01-11 Medical Day 2: Passed!!!
02-04-11 Interview: Approved! (Thank you, Lord!)
02-10-11 2GO received visa from embassy
02-14-11 Visa in hand (picked up at 2GO branch)
02-17-11 CFO sticker for passport
03-10-11 Arrived in U.S. with my fiancee
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
06-21-11 NOA 1 (Mobile/Email)
07-07-11 Transfer date (California Service Center)
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!
08-18-11 Approval and green card received in mail

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.