Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

How to get a J-1 visa waiver

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: El Salvador

So the question is how do I start my process without leaving the country?

I was an Au pair who came to the US with a J-1 visa with the 2 year rule exception, and came on may 4th, 2009. I completed my first year on may 4th 2010. I extended my visa for one year, the new expiration date will be june 2011.

I left the program in june 2010. I got married with a permanent resident in october 2010. Now I want to start my process and I dont want to leave the because of the 2 year rule. I read a similar story in this page, I read about a waiver, a NOS and a DS-3505 form, and I dont know where or how to start, so please, help me doing this without leaving the country.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to your waiver, you will first need to know what your home country requires to qualify you for a No Objection Statement.


N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...