^_^

KS GOP Rep. Connie O’Brien Says She Can Tell Who Is ‘Illegal’ Because They Have ‘The Olive Complexion’

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

One week ago, the Kansas House Federal and State Committee held a hearing about in-state tuition being granted to the children of undocumented immigrants, which has been the policy in the state since 2004.

Speaking in favor of repealing the law, Rep. Connie O’Brien (R-KS) began telling an anecdote at the hearing about how her son had difficulty in getting financial assistance to attend college. She explained that she took her son to a financial aid office, and as she was waiting in line, she believed there was a girl waiting in line with them who was “not originally from this country.” Fellow committee member Rep. Sean Gatewood (D-KS) asked O’Brien how she knew this student was “illegal.” O’Brien replied that she knew because the student “wasn’t black, she wasn’t Asian, and she had the olive complexion”:

REP. O’BRIEN: My son who’s a Kansas resident, born here, raised here, didn’t qualify for any financial aid. Yet this girl was going to get financial aid. My son was kinda upset about it because he works and pays for his own schooling and his books and everything and he didn’t think that was fair. We didn’t ask the girl what nationality she was, we didn’t think that was proper. But we could tell by looking at her that she was not originally from this country. [...]

REP. GATEWOOD: Can you expand on how you could tell that they were illegal?

REP. O’BRIEN: Well she wasn’t black, she wasn’t Asian, and she had the olive complexion.

O’Brien has been the target of scathing media coverage since her remark, and numerous Kansas Democratic Party lawmakers have asked her to apologize. For her part, O’Brien counters that she’s been told she’s “got olive complexion” and that she’s not going to apologize until she’s “had time to think.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/15/ks-gop-rep-obrien/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Here is what I found out after marrying a Mexican.

About the only analogy I can come up with is how in high school before your innocence is gone you think nobody does drugs (alcohol/weed). Then when you try it for the first time you find out that half the school has done or regularly does it.

Basically I thought illegals were only in Cali, Florida, and Texas.

In recent years I figured out first hand that they are everywhere. My wife has had 2 jobs and the kitchen was all Mexican, all illegal, including managers. They aren't paid under the table or anything. They get paid by check like everyone else. It is a truly fascinating underground market and you can usually tell by their olive complexion (j/k)...

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

For her part, O’Brien counters that she’s been told she’s “got olive complexion”

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/15/ks-gop-rep-obrien/

IDK, O'Brien has more of a prune complexion if you ask me.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

What an idiot.

I get irritated as hell though when I'm in line behind some dumba$$ who doesn't have their &$@!ing photo id on them and holds up the whole line because they're a stupid jerk. I don't turn into a blithering, racist piece of trash over it, but I do get pissed. This holds true regardless of their complexion.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps