Undefined

A few questions...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for anyone who answers. Im applied for a K1 Fiance Visa. Already at the last steps, before recieving the interview date at the U.S Consular in Montreal.

1. What is exactly an '' Intent to Marry Letter'' ? What does it have to include exactly in it?

2. Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiance? What in the world is that? lol

3. They ask if I intent to work or study in the U.S? What is that about? Mine is not a work or student visa. I dont have an employee or school address for now there. I don't need one to move to the U.S. I dont have a 9-5 job. Do I have income coming in? Yes. Do I have money to pay for expanses in the U.S? Of course. Do I have a degree? Not yet Im back to school now working on that. Will I go to school there? Online probably and probably another degree and continue on the one im working on now. Will I have a job there? I might invest on something or do some real estate or get another job.

Any advice or questions you may have dont hesitate.

Thanks once again.

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for anyone who answers. Im applied for a K1 Fiance Visa. Already at the last steps, before recieving the interview date at the U.S Consular in Montreal.

1. What is exactly an '' Intent to Marry Letter'' ? What does it have to include exactly in it?

3. They ask if I intent to work or study in the U.S? What is that about? Mine is not a work or student visa. I dont have an employee or school address for now there. I don't need one to move to the U.S. I dont have a 9-5 job. Do I have income coming in? Yes. Do I have money to pay for expanses in the U.S? Of course. Do I have a degree? Not yet Im back to school now working on that. Will I go to school there? Online probably and probably another degree and continue on the one im working on now. Will I have a job there? I might invest on something or do some real estate or get another job.

Thanks once again.

You can find an example of a letter of intent here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

I believe a lot of the consulate forms are general, as in they are used for multiple visa types.

You can find examples of how to fill them out here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

With regards to the question about intent to work or study, my answer was

I plan to work once I've received the proper work authorization, and I plan to attend graduate school eventually. :)

Just be honest! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

With regards to the question about intent to work or study, my answer was

I plan to work once I've received the proper work authorization, and I plan to attend graduate school eventually. :)

Just be honest! :)

Works fine. I like simply, "To Be Determined" but really, the key is to treat questions as just questions. Interpret them literally and answer accurately and truthfully. I have this issue with my Chinese wife frequently. Usually she reads something extra into questions, when all I want is information. Keep it simple. Just answer the question.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

As for the proof of engagement I brought my ring receipt and more recent pics that had been taken since the engagement, during my interview at the consulate my interviewer did not ask to see any of it, mind you I had my ring on and my fiance with me....

Timeline

Ring Reciept only thing to bring lol? How about the Ring I have on and that im just inlove and want to be with Him? lol

Anything else?

Substitute for "proof of engagement" the phrase, "evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship" and you'll get the picture. They don't care about rings.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks once again.

Yes I would like to know these answers too.

Timeline

So what am I suppose to send? Bring with me? I dont have the reciept of the ring. So what else?

Substitute for "proof of engagement" the phrase, "evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship" and you'll get the picture. They don't care about rings.

Timeline

So what am I suppose to send? Bring with me? I dont have the reciept of the ring. So what else?

A ring would be evidence of a ring. I said think in terms of evidence of a bona fide relationship. Put your emphasis on "relationship" not symbols.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.