Veronik

Not much feedback on AOS forum

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I didn't want to post my question on here, but I didn't get very much feedback on the AOS forum, and truth be told, I'd rather have the opinion of fellow canucks before anyone else's! So I copy/pasted my question below, comments welcome!

Good morning everyone,

I received an e-mail from USCIS last week notifying me that Chris and I have a green card interview! We are adjusting from a K-1 visa. On one hand I am very excited about going though the process quickly, and at the same time very nervous at the prospect of another interview. I was a nervous mess for my K-1 interview! :blush:

Anyways, we are going through the office in Norfolk, Virginia, and I was wondering if anyone has had their interview there recently. I was looking it up in the review section on VJ, but the most recent review seems to be from 2009! And finally, if you guys want to share with me how it all went during your interview, I would appreciate it. Just looking for some stress relief!

Thanks guys and happy lover's day! :luv:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't go through there but I can tell you my interview here in California was about as non-exciting as the K1 interview was. We took a bunch of proof with us (cell phone bills, bank statemenets, benefits with my name on it, etc.) and I don't think he would have asked for much of it if we hadn't offered it. Most of the time we spent talking about how we drove down here. As long as you collect all the info you need I'm sure it will be smooth sailing for you guys too.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Hi,

We had our AOS interview in NJ. I was pretty nervous too. We arrived about a half an hour early, just to be sure. I brought as much paperwork as I could think of ... just in case. Our interview lasted about 10 minutes, and it was pretty straightforward. The interviewer was very nice and said, "Hmmm, I'm not sure why you're here because everything looks very straightforward." He asked us a few questions, including that long list of questions on the application where you answer "yes" "no". He did ask for bank statements and maybe the deed to our house. I can't really remember. He took my EAD card and my AP document and said we were approved.

I asked him, don't you want to see all the stuff I brought? I held up my big file. He laughed, "No". "Not even some pictures?". He finally indulged me by looking at some of our pictures. And that was it. Our interview was early in the morning, so my husband unexpectedly made it to work on time.

I think it's good to be organized and have everything on hand, in case they ask for it. If you did everything you're supposed to do, it should be easy-peasy. I think it's natural to be nervous because it's a really important interview, no matter how easy it is.

Good luck. It'll be such a relief to get it over with. :yes:

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Timeline

Thank you ladies, it helps to see that I am most likely stressing myself out for nothing. But you're right Gypsyangel, I sure don't want to go there thinking it's all peachy and we'll be approved on the spot.

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

My interview experience was pretty similar. It really isn't anything to stress over! It's pretty similar to the K-1 interview, minus the suspense of traveling all the way to Montreal and having to wait outside at 7am :lol: I wrote a pretty detailed review in my profile if you want to check it out. Just make sure you have all your paperwork in oder some recent relationship evidence and everything should go just fine.

Timeline

My interview experience was pretty similar. It really isn't anything to stress over! It's pretty similar to the K-1 interview, minus the suspense of traveling all the way to Montreal and having to wait outside at 7am :lol: I wrote a pretty detailed review in my profile if you want to check it out. Just make sure you have all your paperwork in oder some recent relationship evidence and everything should go just fine.

Thank you! I'll make sure I read your review! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.