lakambini

STEPSON Petitioning STEPFATHER

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Son filed a petition for me and my husband(his stepdad)and it was already approved.

HERE IS THE SITUATION; My son has already been in the USA (he was petitioned by his biological Dad)before i got married, jn other words my son and my husband now (his stepdad)never had the chance to really be together. They only met recently when my son visited.

My Concerns and Questions are does anybody knows or have any idea:

1.On what additional evidence they might look into during our interview at the USEM Manila?

2.Do we have to establish Proof of Step son - Stepfather relationship?

3.Will it be an issue if my son and his stepdad have only met once?

Thank you so much.Pls. help !!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How old was your son when you married your current spouse?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Son filed a petition for me and my husband(his stepdad)and it was already approved.

HERE IS THE SITUATION; My son has already been in the USA (he was petitioned by his biological Dad)before i got married, jn other words my son and my husband now (his stepdad)never had the chance to really be together. They only met recently when my son visited.

1.On what additional evidence they might look into during our interview at the USEM Manila?

you need establish the "legal" relationship... not a personal one

YMMV

Timeline

Need to show your divorce from the birth father, and that you married current husband prior to son's 18th birthday. That is so he can petition for each of you.

Those guides along with the form instructions will explain what's needed.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Need to show your divorce from the birth father, and that you married current husband prior to son's 18th birthday. That is so he can petition for each of you.

Those guides along with the form instructions will explain what's needed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My son was 17 yrs old

Very interesting one, yep that works the petition age requirement, step parent relationship established prior to 18th birthday, never seen a post where it was applied in this way.

1. Not much, this is not a spouse visa case where proving a bonafide relationship is the thing, I would simply bring evidence of maintaining a mother/son relationship.

2. Documents to establish relationship will be your marriage cert, and son's birth cert.

3. I don't think it will be an issue, immigrations is not being based on a bonafide relationship as in the case of a spouse visa, in this case immigrations does not wish to break up a family by granting a visa to one parent and not the other.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Very interesting one, yep that works the petition age requirement, step parent relationship established prior to 18th birthday, never seen a post where it was applied in this way.

1. Not much, this is not a spouse visa case where proving a bonafide relationship is the thing, I would simply bring evidence of maintaining a mother/son relationship.

2. Documents to establish relationship will be your marriage cert, and son's birth cert.

3. I don't think it will be an issue, immigrations is not being based on a bonafide relationship as in the case of a spouse visa, in this case immigrations does not wish to break up a family by granting a visa to one parent and not the other.

Thank You for your inputs..

Timeline

Ok..I was not married to his birth Dad. This is my first marriage though

The birth certificate shows the parental relationship with his father.

An affidavit from you stating you were never married (to the father) may be needed to satisfy the requirement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

[/quote

I think a trip to the NSO is in order. The mother of the USC needs to establish through the official Cenomar that no marriages are on file for her prior to her current marriage. She states that her son is not legitimate. The burden is on her to prove what events occurred or did not occur in the past. The CENOMAR would be a SLAM DUNK!!

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.