M&M's

UID# & Affidavit of Support

23 posts in this topic

k. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. You must be prepared to show documents that you have a genuine relationship with your petitioner and a clear intention to marry. Letters, e-mails, phone records, bank records, photographs, or other evidence of a genuine fiancé(e) relationship should be submitted.

Yup, I interpret these words from the U.S. Embassy Manila to mean that an updated letter of intent is a very good idea.

Why take chances by not including it? Besides, it only takes five minutes or so to whip one out.

Filed: Timeline

k. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. You must be prepared to show documents that you have a genuine relationship with your petitioner and a clear intention to marry. Letters, e-mails, phone records, bank records, photographs, or other evidence of a genuine fiancé(e) relationship should be submitted.

Yup, I interpret these words from the U.S. Embassy Manila to mean that an updated letter of intent is a very good idea.

Why take chances by not including it? Besides, it only takes five minutes or so to whip one out.

I think what they are looking for would be in the body of the correspondence, things like marriage plans, and prospects of a married life together. Like you said, it doesn't take much to put a letter of intent together, and would get about the same weight when evaluating the applicant. Do it if it makes you feel better, but don't overlook the rest of that requirement.

I would like to hear from anyone that was asked specifically for an updated intent to marry letter. My advice is to worry about the actual requirements, and not what has become one of many canards here at VJ.

You can try and PM some of the VJ members that posted in the thread I linked in post #14.

Just remember, if they have recently arrived in the US, they will most likely not visit VJ until after the marriage and are ready for AOS. Moving to a new country and getting married is a big change and keeps most new immigrants very busy.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

I think what they are looking for would be in the body of the correspondence, things like marriage plans, and prospects of a married life together. Like you said, it doesn't take much to put a letter of intent together, and would get about the same weight when evaluating the applicant. Do it if it makes you feel better, but don't overlook the rest of that requirement.

Why are you being so contrarian today? :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

you moved it now no one has answered :((

:lol: Sometimes it can take some time for responses, but having in this forum gets answers from people who know.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge...its all mush appreciated.

now my following questions are, the new intent to marry letter, can it be a scanned copy?

we are having a real hard time receiving mails, (ex. xmas gift sent last first week of december never been received till date, valentine flowers ordered online wasnt delivered either and we are only in manila area lol)

also his W2, 1040, LES are all sent thru scanned copy, but we have the originals of the ones sent in to USCIS as he brought it during visit. so are these enough together with emails, chatlogs, receipt of money sent, pictures?

what else are we missing?

Once more thank you in advance and happy hearts day to all ;)

Filed: Timeline

Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge...its all mush appreciated.

now my following questions are, the new intent to marry letter, can it be a scanned copy?

we are having a real hard time receiving mails, (ex. xmas gift sent last first week of december never been received till date, valentine flowers ordered online wasnt delivered either and we are only in manila area lol)

also his W2, 1040, LES are all sent thru scanned copy, but we have the originals of the ones sent in to USCIS as he brought it during visit. so are these enough together with emails, chatlogs, receipt of money sent, pictures?

what else are we missing?

Once more thank you in advance and happy hearts day to all ;)

The affidavit of support (I-134) has to have an original signature (ink). If you are going to do an intent letter, that also should be an original. Everything else he sends can be scanned copies, but they recommend having the originals available if they want to examine them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.