LuiZin

Change of fiancée address after NOA 2 approval

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We have just received an email notifying that our application was approved :) So, we are still waiting for the hard copy to see what will be the next steps.

However, when we applied, I (beneficiary) was living in France, but now I moved to Morocco and I would like to do all the visa process from Morocco. I am afraid that the NVC forwards the application to the French embassy, and spend more time transferring the case to Morocco.

So, my question is what would be the best moment to change my address and who should we contact?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

were in the same part of the process as you right now, and we need to change our address too....we have asked if we can change the address and the NVC say that yes we can change it when it gets there.

so your best bet is to just call the nvc every couple of days and try and catch it before it gets sent off.....we tried to change the address on their system before it got there and were told it wasnt possible.

but maybe if you explain that you need to change the embassy they can put a note in their system or something?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We have just received an email notifying that our application was approved :) So, we are still waiting for the hard copy to see what will be the next steps.

However, when we applied, I (beneficiary) was living in France, but now I moved to Morocco and I would like to do all the visa process from Morocco. I am afraid that the NVC forwards the application to the French embassy, and spend more time transferring the case to Morocco.

So, my question is what would be the best moment to change my address and who should we contact?

Thank you

I can relate to your situation. My fiancee is from Brazil but she lives in London. We just got our email notification of the approved NOA2. I called the NVC yesterday but they haven't received it yet. The problem is that my fiancee doesn't want to wait in London if it's going to take too long..she rather wait in Brazil. I was told too that the best time to do this change is as soon as the NOA2 arrives at the NVC. However, the NVC did warn me that it might cause additional delay and they can't say how much. They also told me that if the paperwork makes it to London before we do the change, it is surely add more to the waiting - like 3-6 months - because this is not the priority of the Embassy/Consulate. So right about now, we are still discussing the pros and cons about changing. As for you, you already moved so I would keep calling the NVC to make that interception and diversion. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

did the nvc say that the delay comes from changing the address or because of the change of embassy? just out of interest

In our situation, it is one and the same cause changing the address for us meant changing the embassy..my fiancee is considering moving back to Brazil and hence that will change her address and the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i am on the same track and i talked to my lawyer and she siad the same thing we need to wait on our aproval (NOA2) before any changes could be made to the address of the beneficiary ( change of embassy). i am still trying to see if i can contact the vermont service center by email, to see if there is anything i could do at this point.

3/21/2009: saw each other in colombia after many years.

6/25/2009: visited colombia relationship started!

12/20/2009: visited colombia spende the holidays with him and family<3

1/14/2010: he moved to buenos aires (study)

3/14/2010: we both visited colombia <3 great week!

6/30/2010: i visited buenos aires for a month

11/24/2010: i became a US citizen

11/26/2010: filed I-129f

12/2/2010: NOA 1

12/09/2010: touched

Waiting for NOA2

every day is a step closer to finally being with you!!!!!

Qz9pm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.