Kish.2328

How was it the first time you meet him/her personally?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, I love this thread! It makes me reminisce on my first meeting with my pinangga =). After reading others' experiences, I'm glad we chose not to meet at the airport lol. I got there in the morning, and the hotel had a shuttle that was picking me up, so we decided to meet later because we wanted our first meeting to be private so it would be more special and we would both feel more comfortable. I got to the airport around 10:00 a.m. and went to the hotel, which gave me a chance to put my things up, get settled, and buy a sim card to call my fiancée and let her know that I am in the Philippines. Then, we decided we would just meet up later that afternoon in a park where we could have some peace and quiet and when it wasn’t quite so hot. I can remember just how nervous and excited I was waiting on the appointed time to meet!!! I tried to sit down, but I found myself pacing because I was just so excited! I decided to pick up the Psalms and read to make me relaxed before our meeting, but it was more excitement than nervousness. As the time approached and I knew my fiancée was on her way to the park, I couldn’t believe that finally I would see her face to face instead of just on the computer. I felt like I was in a dream or a movie lol, and sometimes I had to pinch myself to realize that it was real =). I finally got the text from her saying she was there and then responded to tell her I was on my way (it was about a 30 min drive from my hotel). When I got there, I decided not to send her a text to let her know I was there because I know my pinangga, and it might just make her more nervous if she knew I was going to be there any moment lol. Besides, I thought it was more romantic to have the element of surprise when I just showed up one moment. As I got out of the taxi, my heart was pounding as I breathed a silent prayer and walked to the corner of the park at the bench where we were supposed to meet. As I turned the corner, I could see through the bushes that someone was sitting there, but I know she could not see me because I deliberately took the route so that she couldn’t see me coming =). As I later found out, my fiancée was really surprised because she had just seen another American behind me, but the bushes were blocking her view of me. Finally, when I arrived, she looked up and saw me there and stood up to meet me. Finally, I gave her the hug I promised and the one I’d been waiting so long for, but it was just a short one since it was the first time we’d ever hugged and we were still in a public setting. I remember that I could rest my chin on her head lol, but it was really sweet. Before, I had wondered how it would be since we’re so used to just talking online, but as we sat there on the bench talking, I grew more comfortable with her. I put my arm around her for the first time, and she immediately leaned against me and rested her head on my shoulder. That’s when I felt as if I’d known her all my life. She was still the same woman (but even prettier!) We talked for over an hour, said a prayer of thanks, took a stroll around the park, and then went out to eat for the first time. That was the beginning of the best week in my life, and the second hug (this time a long one in private) was even 10 times better than the first!!! I spent the week there, and we got engaged toward the end of the trip, and the rest is history. Now, the woman I love will be in my arms soon to spend the rest of our lives together =). Thank God for this wonderful blessing in my life!!!

11-30-08 Met on christianpenpals.com
05-27-10 Met for 1st time in person in Philippines
06-02-10 Proposed...She said "yes"!!!
K1:
07-12-10 NOA1 sent

07-17-10 NOA1 received
01-04-11 NOA2 - Finally!!!
01-07-11 NVC received
01-10-11 NVC sent to consulate/embassy (Manila)
01-10-11 NOA2 hardcopy (mail)
01-12-11 Embassy received
01-31-11 Medical Day 1
02-01-11 Medical Day 2: Passed!!!
02-04-11 Interview: Approved! (Thank you, Lord!)
02-10-11 2GO received visa from embassy
02-14-11 Visa in hand (picked up at 2GO branch)
02-17-11 CFO sticker for passport
03-10-11 Arrived in U.S. with my fiancee
05-14-11 Wedding

AOS:
06-13-11 Filed I-485
06-21-11 NOA 1 (Mobile/Email)
07-07-11 Transfer date (California Service Center)
07-22-11 Biometrics
08-12-11 Approved!
08-18-11 Approval and green card received in mail

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very nice thread....it reminds me again when i picked up my hubby at the airport i can't explain what i felt on that day..shocks....nervous,can't relax,blushing,my stomach was getting numb i don't know if im going to poop or pee..hahaha...this is very funny...lol...when i see him at the tv walking going outto he exit...YAY..i got speechless instead of i will say hi...he just give me hug and kiss at my forehead"im old"forehead?haha.kidding..i just only shy on the first...im not pda..lol...and they think only 18,people looking at us...but i don't care..hehe...i know all of us was a different feelings when we meet our girl or man..yay..im happy and thanking my GOD for the blessings,a loving husband and everything...he is a very good man.. (L)(L)(L) GODBLESS ALL FOR OUR JOURNEY... :dance::dance:

Edited by charlie&pam

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories.

Finally, I can really tell what its like knowing someone as if you've known him all your life. We met last feb 14 (past 12 am, on valentines) romantic isn't it? lol he supposed to arrive feb 13 at around 10 but his plane got delayed and landed the Philippines at 12:05. I picked him up at the airport and I was surprised with what I'm feeling. Thought I'd be so nervous but not. I am so excited but I am more of relaxed and calmed, the feeling of which I can say that is deep as if we have met before and now he is coming back home, in my arms where he belong. The first meeting at airport was a bit funny though coz he got mad at me lol, we talked on the phone at the same time searching for each other. He told me he is on BAY 1 (sign outside NAIA 1) but when I looked he was not even there but he insists he is there. I crossed the street to be near exactly as what he told me but still, I couldn't find him. I keep asking him on the phone where he is at and almost we ended up on a fight coz we cant find each other but when I turned around there he was smiling at me and waving his hand (he noticed me right away even if he just saw the back of me. Cool huh. lol) We walked towards each other and by the time I hugged him, my heart finally found its home. The spark and connection was there right away and we didn't feel awkward with each other (might be because we talked everyday on the phone and do skype always)

That 2 weeks time of spending memories with him was so magical that I don't want to end. We learned a lot about each other and he bonded with my family and my family do like him a lot esp my Mom and my bro (I'm there baby girl and is very protective). He is so wonderful, so sweet and I am so lucky I have him. When he asked me to be with him forever, how could I say no? When he asked to be his wife, how could I say no? Yes, he is the one I'm certain of sharing a lifetime with.

We are now engaged and will start our papers asap. We will keep praying that God will lead us the way and we will keep on fighting until we're back in each others arms. Cheers!!!! (L) (L) (L)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.