redsnap

appointed agent

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi,

I'm kind of putting my stuff for the NVC stage together and thought about being "my own agent" instead of my US husband being the appointed agent. The reasons are:

- His brain is like swiss cheese (sorry babe, but it's true)and he cannot check his email or call with his cell during work (he's working for an insurance, so they lock a lot of websites.)When he comes home, it's kind of late to call anybody, so...

- I'm just better at organizing and terrorizing people with calls and when he fills out something, he usually makes a mistake (we got the I 130 sent back before we got NOA 1, I think that says it all :blush: ). He's my scattered professor... ;-)

- I have lots of time and can basically call for free (skype for 5 bucks a month to US)

So, is it a disadvantage to do it, because of the mail delay but isn't most of the NVC stuff working over the i-net nowadays?? I can pay the bill, I have my own US account and we also have a joint account and everything works via e-banking.

Please give me some advice.

Edited by redsnap

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

I'm kind of putting my stuff for the NVC stage together and thought about being "my own agent" instead of my US husband being the appointed agent. The reasons are:

- His brain is like swiss cheese (sorry babe, but it's true)and he cannot check his email or call with his cell during work (he's working for an insurance, so they lock a lot of websites.)When he comes home, it's kind of late to call anybody, so...

- I'm just better at organizing and terrorizing people with calls and when he fills out something, he usually makes a mistake (we got the I 130 sent back before we got NOA 1, I think that says it all :blush: ). He's my scattered professor... ;-)

- I have lots of time and can basically call for free (skype for 5 bucks a month to US)

So, is it a disadvantage to do it, because of the mail delay but isn't most of the NVC stuff working over the i-net nowadays?? I can pay the bill, I have my own US account and we also have a joint account and everything works via e-banking.

Please give me some advice.

Great !

Sure you can be your own agent, as long as you can get the document and fee's to the

NVC, and make sure you follow up when and what your to do.

Sure electronic online billing and if your account in the USA anyway, just the same

as if he did it himself, except your doing it instead.

Checkout the step and process at the NVC website for detail

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Give it a try you have nothing to lose.

Good Luck on the journey :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest you appoint him as yer agent -

it'll go a lot faster

and

NVC is open M-F till midnight EST.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

since you've been on here for 3 years, I think I'll follow your advice...

Thanks for both opinions, though

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

here's a roadmap - can he follow ? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Even if he can't, with him as the agent -

YOU'LL be able to handle most - just be certain he pays at the online portal when you tell him to,

and

he makes that first phone call.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.