alibekah

Anyone else stuck in the Administartive Process??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Good evening everyone! I feel the need to seek love from others who are also in the dreaded administrative process. :luv: 66 Days for us. I am sure others are in it too. I am hoping the other USA/Iran couples will share some love too. I cannot read Persian so I cannot gripe with everyone else on Mohejesara!! but if others are also waiting, how long have you been waiting?

He did his interview at the US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey. We had a good interview, the personnel were nice but what bothers me the most is that the interviewer said, "Everything looks excellent!" they just wanted to hear how good his English was, they only asked about his job and just more details for how we met, that was it. He asked her if they needed anything from us since we both were present!! they said, "no" and they handed him the blue paper and told him to wait for our case number to show up on their website and just come back to get the Visa.

If everything looked excellent, then why are we still anxiously waiting for our number to appear? :huh: yes, I have emailed them (every week). I always tell them to please contact us for any reason because we have been open and transparent from the start.

Its just annoying more than anything. We want to plan the wedding, we want to plan our lives. All we can do is talk in hypothetical scenarios about our future and that's annoying. <_<

I am suddenly reminded of the annoying children song we used to sing on the bus "this is the song that doesn't end. it goes for on a on on my friends!..." :lol:

Rebekah

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~ Charlotte Brönte

K1 Visa

2010-06-02: I-129F sent

2010-06-07: NOA1

2010-06-29: NOA2

2010-12-07: Interview Date Interview Result: Administrative Process

2011-02-14: Administrative Process ended. Happy Valentine's Day! hearts.gif

2011-02-22: Approved at Embassy

2011-02-25: Received K1 Visa!!!

2011-03-31: POE Miami, Florida USA!!! 35D.gif

2011-04-22: Wedding Day! Happy Earth Day!!

AOS

2011-05-20: Filed For AOS

2011-05-31: NOA1 for EAD & I-485, and Biometrics Appointment Letter

2011-06-16: RFE

2011-06-21: Biometrics for I-485 & EAD

2011-06-30: Transferred to CSC

2011-07-28: Received EAD card in mail!

2011-09-14: AOS Interview = APPROVED! BOOYAH!

2011-09-23: Greencard received! Blessed Autumn Equinox!

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Hi Rebekah,

We are in the same boat and deeply understand how you feel. it is 72 days since our interview. we provided whatever they asked for, he came with me and attended the interview. The officer returned the papers and pictures and said check the website for your number to appear after 7 or 10 days. I started to check the site from the night of interview :blush:

After one month we sent them a follow up e-mail and they replied that the AP of our case will take approximately 1 or 2 months. Well we entered the 3rd month now and nothing happened. We have put our lives on hold and can do nothing except just waiting :(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

AP is inevitable for male beneficiaries from all over middle east,not just iran.if you read the instructions that they have on their website carefully,they state that all iranian beneficiaries HAVE TO go through AP,its just that for females it wont take that long.it can take up to 6 months but it doesnt necessarily mean there is something wrong,its normal.

Timeline

Hi Rebekah,

We are in the same boat and deeply understand how you feel. it is 72 days since our interview. we provided whatever they asked for, he came with me and attended the interview. The officer returned the papers and pictures and said check the website for your number to appear after 7 or 10 days. I started to check the site from the night of interview :blush:

After one month we sent them a follow up e-mail and they replied that the AP of our case will take approximately 1 or 2 months. Well we entered the 3rd month now and nothing happened. We have put our lives on hold and can do nothing except just waiting :(

Hey!

Yeah, i know. :( They always reply with that "the administrative process can take from 6 weeks to 6 months. We have no control over the cases and post them as we receive them". So silly. So you had the interview! It usually takes much less time for ladies to get their Visa than the men. My goodness.

I wish the best for both of you. It sucks being apart but I know I have to try and keep positive even though its super hard sometimes. I love him dearly and I would wait forever if it meant that...but it would be nice if we were kept abreast as to what was happening every once and a while.

It is exactly like putting your whole life on hold. ...sighs...

Well girly, have a Happy Valentine's Day. :wub::) We should thank our lucky stars that we met our beloved. Mine is in Iran, yours is here in the US...it doesn't matter, we found them!

Best wishes. :)

K1 Visa

AOS

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Timeline

AP is inevitable for male beneficiaries from all over middle east,not just iran.if you read the instructions that they have on their website carefully,they state that all Iranian beneficiaries HAVE TO go through AP,its just that for females it wont take that long.it can take up to 6 months but it doesnt necessarily mean there is something wrong,its normal.

LOL. Oh i know. ^_^ They send the petitioner (me!!) the Packet 3 in the email. I fwd it to my man and while waiting for him to come home from work for our daily chat time, i was reading through it. I nearly fainted when i read about the the up to 6 months part at the bottom of Packet 3. My heart stopped!! :o

Its just hard to wait, that's all. I am ready to start my new life with my partner. Especially since it took me this long to find him! So of course its harder to wait!!!

Good luck on your journey and Happy valentine's Day! B-)

K1 Visa

AOS

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

LOL. Oh i know. ^_^ They send the petitioner (me!!) the Packet 3 in the email. I fwd it to my man and while waiting for him to come home from work for our daily chat time, i was reading through it. I nearly fainted when i read about the the up to 6 months part at the bottom of Packet 3. My heart stopped!! :o

Its just hard to wait, that's all. I am ready to start my new life with my partner. Especially since it took me this long to find him! So of course its harder to wait!!!

Good luck on your journey and Happy valentine's Day! B-)

Ladies, I am inclined to join this conversation despite I am not necessarily in the same position. I am here in the states but I am in the military and I'm deploying in July. I checked out the average times on here and it puts us at June for my finacee to get her visa - need I say more. But I will cause that's just half the issue..she's originally from Brazil but lives in London (that's where our case will be going, but we just received our approved NOA2 on 08 Feb 2011). To me she has mentally checked out of London and this has only added to stress of waiting. Then you have me over here stressed out preparing and anticipating my deploying while missing her and frustrated with these long wait times. It's just bringing out the worst in us and we irritable now and argue over little things. What advice can you give to me and how can I encourage her and be more supportive?

Timeline

Ladies, I am inclined to join this conversation despite I am not necessarily in the same position. I am here in the states but I am in the military and I'm deploying in July. I checked out the average times on here and it puts us at June for my finacee to get her visa - need I say more. But I will cause that's just half the issue..she's originally from Brazil but lives in London (that's where our case will be going, but we just received our approved NOA2 on 08 Feb 2011). To me she has mentally checked out of London and this has only added to stress of waiting. Then you have me over here stressed out preparing and anticipating my deploying while missing her and frustrated with these long wait times. It's just bringing out the worst in us and we irritable now and argue over little things. What advice can you give to me and how can I encourage her and be more supportive?

No problem, you can write here, technically AP is a test in patience! I'd like to think those of us who are "waiting" are feeling the same way! :lol:

One, congrats on your NOA2!! I am reading about so many others who have been waiting MONTHS for theirs!

I am to assume that luckily for you, your wait will be significantly less in the long run than those of us who have partners from the middle east (I'd like to think that its not only Iran!). We did not know a head of time what AP was.We learned all of this checking other member's timeliness and him asking on their Persian version of VJ (that is what its like to me anyways :yes: )

I remember that it was me who mentally checked him out of Iran when we got the NOA2 also. We also had some arguments over the dumbest things, thankfully the language barrier is very thin and that helped a lot. There were not many misunderstandings. But it was over something more serious when he broke down because he felt useless that as my partner he could not be here to comfort me. That was my moment where I had to pull my own head out of my rear and realize that this is not only stressing me out, but him as well. We learned that we cannot control forces that are not in our hands. I am not saying that we do not get anxious, we do but we have learned to change the subject. Our bond is much stronger than going loco over what the embassy is doing. I feel like the wait tests the relationship. He even said at one point, "Imagine what else we can suffer through if we can deal with this separation!"

For you though, it will come to a point, it has to, where its too much to handle the "what if?!" stress. Change the subject to something more positive if necessary. I handle this anxious energy by taking long walks, I take TaiChi and an open studio (for painting) in the evenings. I am artistic so getting back into painting has helped me a lot. I am writing another script for a new puppet short film...you both have to find something to occupy the time. Taking that anxiety to your chat times will only lead to more arguments. We've been there, done that. B-)

Always remind each other why you love each other. Remember why this journey is absolutely worth it. I just happened to be at the right place and at the right time when I met him. Imagine if just 1 minor thing changed how your life will be totally different now. Its amazing to think about it that way.

Good luck to you both. Its Valentine's Day Monday! Send her flowers if you can afford it! I got poetry books from my man :luv: (yay!!!) On Monday, make the chat time about reminiscing how you met. That get us ladies happy!

Everything will be fine. You got the NOA2, the hard part is over! Just wait for your Packet 3 (start gathering the paperwork), interview date and the interview. Yes more waiting but that is just part of the process.

Take care. :)

K1 Visa

AOS

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.