talie

We have no other evidence but pictures for AOS Interview!!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have read and read threads of people with so much evidence to take for their AOS interview and now I am really worried. Me and my husband unfortunately only have pictures and a couple of cards we have given to each other. We couldn't get a bank account here because they asked for ssn and state id from him (which he does not have at this moment) to have a joint account together. We have a bank account from mexico together but I don't know if that will help and a letter from my mom saying we live with her and so on. We are just starting to try and build a life together but since he doesn't work right now it's tough for me to handle everyting on my own and don't see the need of a bank account together and extra phone bills. I Cant add him to my insurance because he doesn't have a driver's license. We live with my mom so we don't have rent/leases under our names. We just got married last year in May after he entered the US 3 weeks prior to our marriage.

Any other ideas of paperwork I can take?

Thanks,

Talie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have read and read threads of people with so much evidence to take for their AOS interview and now I am really worried. Me and my husband unfortunately only have pictures and a couple of cards we have given to each other. We couldn't get a bank account here because they asked for ssn and state id from him (which he does not have at this moment) to have a joint account together. We have a bank account from mexico together but I don't know if that will help and a letter from my mom saying we live with her and so on. We are just starting to try and build a life together but since he doesn't work right now it's tough for me to handle everyting on my own and don't see the need of a bank account together and extra phone bills. I Cant add him to my insurance because he doesn't have a driver's license. We live with my mom so we don't have rent/leases under our names. We just got married last year in May after he entered the US 3 weeks prior to our marriage.

Any other ideas of paperwork I can take?

Thanks,

Talie

You could have gotten him a Social Security card while his I-94 was still valid. That and his passport should have been enough to get a joint bank account. Are you working? If so, do you have medical insurance through your employer, and have you added him to your medical insurance? Does he receive mail at your address?

How much evidence they'll want depends on how closely they decide to scrutinize your case. Some people are asked for very little evidence in a K1 case. Some people are asked for a lot more. Is there anyone who knows both of you, and who is not a relative or friend, who would be willing to submit a notarized affidavit on your behalf? A pastor, police officer, or public official? Those affidavits are given a lot more credence when they come from someone who has good standing in the community, and who has no personal interest in whether or not you succeed. The letter from your mom is going to be taken with a huge grain of salt because it's presumed she'd be willing to lie for you.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Yes that was the other problem, my husband never received an I-94 when we came into the US and we got info passes to see various immigrations officers that told us different things to do due to the fact we never received an I-94. When we crossed the brown manila my husband received in Juarez was never asked at the port of entry. I confirmed with this officer if he needed to take the brown manila folder and she said no, she even almost forgot to stamp his passport but i reminded her of that. It was a very odd situation and therefore paper was never entered for him. Basically he entered the US without uscis knowing of it. But well they told us to file for AOS without the I-94. We tried getting an account with his passport and they said they needed to see a picture ID with his home address from here. So then I shouldn't show them the letter my mother wrote right?

Talie.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.