Nia La Morenita

DON'T HAVE MUCH EVIDENCE OF A BONA FIDE MARRIAGE

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

We are just about to send of the concurrent package and I am the most worried about the Evidence of a Bona-fide Marriage part. His B2 visa expires Feb.28. We got married on Jan 10 and just recently opened up a joint bank account. I cannot put him on the lease yet because he doesn't have a SSN. We had a civil marriage. WE dont have wedding pictures. I called to have comcast, the electricity company, and the cell phone company add him on but All we have is our marriage certificate, the congrats cards from his parents, our joint account checks coming in the mail, I can get a few affidavits, and thats it! I have read in some places that they don't expect you to have much evidence when you are newly weds but I DO NOT WANT TO GET A RFE FOR EVIDENCE. I know we can also show all of this info at the interview...... Any advice? I am planing on sending this on the 14th.

Help is appreciated!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We are just about to send of the concurrent package and I am the most worried about the Evidence of a Bona-fide Marriage part. His B2 visa expires Feb.28. We got married on Jan 10 and just recently opened up a joint bank account. I cannot put him on the lease yet because he doesn't have a SSN. We had a civil marriage. WE dont have wedding pictures. I called to have comcast, the electricity company, and the cell phone company add him on but All we have is our marriage certificate, the congrats cards from his parents, our joint account checks coming in the mail, I can get a few affidavits, and thats it! I have read in some places that they don't expect you to have much evidence when you are newly weds but I DO NOT WANT TO GET A RFE FOR EVIDENCE. I know we can also show all of this info at the interview...... Any advice? I am planing on sending this on the 14th.

Help is appreciated!

You are right they don't expect that much evidence when you are just married as they know you have not had time to collect it all. ROC is when they need more evidence. Once you get the banks statements that's good and it wont hurt to get a few affidavits done from friends or work colleagues. So he came here on a B2 visitors visa and you got married? You have no time line so it would be great if you could fill one in. Did he arrive here on B2 with intent to marry? If so then you may find AOS difficult. If he didn't and you met while he was here then that's another story. If he did come with the intent of marrying you (intent to immigrate) it is classed as fraud. I am not sure of your situation but am sure others will pitch in here. But if you met here while he was on B2 and decided to get married then adjusting will be ok just as you said have enough evidence.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I guess in your case I would focus more on proof of the relationship before the actual marriage like pictures from vacations, family events etc. since you have no strong evidences after the actual marriage. Documentation about the time before your marriage is maybe a much more valid proof.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

The requirements of Bona fide relationship is much lower for AOS on a recent marriage than it will be in 2 years for Removal of Conditions.

Just send them what you have, if they have any doubts they'll try to clear them up at the interview.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I guess in your case I would focus more on proof of the relationship before the actual marriage like pictures from vacations, family events etc. since you have no strong evidences after the actual marriage. Documentation about the time before your marriage is maybe a much more valid proof.

I agree with this. How about emails, greeting cards you sent each other before the wedding. Write a brief timeline of your relationship. Make sure you put captions on your photos and maybe arrange it chronologically, I did this on our photos like I was telling our story to them in photos and used MS Word [4 pictures per page] and printed them. If you did trips together, airline tickets or whatever you can show as proof of that. You can perhaps ask the person that married you an affidavit that he/she was the one who officiated the wedding.

Best of luck on your visa journey!..:)

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

You are right they don't expect that much evidence when you are just married as they know you have not had time to collect it all. ROC is when they need more evidence. Once you get the banks statements that's good and it wont hurt to get a few affidavits done from friends or work colleagues. So he came here on a B2 visitors visa and you got married? You have no time line so it would be great if you could fill one in. Did he arrive here on B2 with intent to marry? If so then you may find AOS difficult. If he didn't and you met while he was here then that's another story. If he did come with the intent of marrying you (intent to immigrate) it is classed as fraud. I am not sure of your situation but am sure others will pitch in here. But if you met here while he was on B2 and decided to get married then adjusting will be ok just as you said have enough evidence.

RE:

We met through a friend that is originally from Chile but was living in United states. I went to Chile in April 2010, he later came to visitors visa in September for his work vacation (he worked for his family restaurant. He stayed with us for a little while and in november we decided we wanted to be together, Nov,10 we moved into an apt, and Jan.10 we got married. At this point we are inseparable!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.