RiaB

Is this enough Bonifide marriage evidence?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes I did my homework this time, Pushark, before you ask.

Me and my husband don't have any joint properties or bank accounts or anything as I didn't live in my husband's country for more than 2 months at a time. For proof, I have photos of us together, phone call records, flight tickets of me visiting, and an affidavit from my mom stating that our relationship is true. Is this enough or do I need more? This is for my I-130.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marriage certificate?

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

wasnt on your list...you did read this right?

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/IR1_and_CR1_Immigrant_Visas

I dont know how your consulate is, but I know we didnt have much since we had been married only about 2 months by the time I sent the petition in...I included pictures of the wedding, 5 or so affidavits signed by various people at the wedding, passport stamps...you want to include anything that shows that you are the real deal.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes I did my homework this time, Pushark, before you ask.

Me and my husband don't have any joint properties or bank accounts or anything as I didn't live in my husband's country for more than 2 months at a time. For proof, I have photos of us together, phone call records, flight tickets of me visiting, and an affidavit from my mom stating that our relationship is true. Is this enough or do I need more? This is for my I-130.

Yes, it's enough for the petition stage. If it were me, I'd leave out the affidavit from Mom though. Actually, just the marriage certificate is "enough". Everything you read after the words, "In addition to the required...." is NOT required. good.gif

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks!

So I have the marriage certificate, phone records, airline tickets, affidavit from my mom and pictures of our wedding. We got married on the 14th of January so less than a month ago.

One more question, I have a copy of my ticket (online reciept really from Orbitz) to when I went to Pakistan to get married, but I lost the boarding passes. I also have a copy of my passport with the visa stamps though. Can I still send them?? I have the wedding pictures, other pictures from this trip, do I need to include my engagmenet pictures as well? We didn't meet in between as in our culture, it's sorta forbidden to meet during the time. But I do have phone records to show that we been in touch still.

Yes, it's enough for the petition stage. If it were me, I'd leave out the affidavit from Mom though. Actually, just the marriage certificate is "enough". Everything you read after the words, "In addition to the required...." is NOT required. good.gif

Oh okay, than ignore what I said above. Thanks a bunch, Pushark.

Edited by RiaB

Timeline

Thanks!

So I have the marriage certificate, phone records, airline tickets, affidavit from my mom and pictures of our wedding. We got married on the 14th of January so less than a month ago.

One more question, I have a copy of my ticket (online reciept really from Orbitz) to when I went to Pakistan to get married, but I lost the boarding passes. I also have a copy of my passport with the visa stamps though. Can I still send them?? I have the wedding pictures, other pictures from this trip, do I need to include my engagmenet pictures as well? We didn't meet in between as in our culture, it's sorta forbidden to meet during the time. But I do have phone records to show that we been in touch still.

Oh okay, than ignore what I said above. Thanks a bunch, Pushark.

It's fine to include some of the stuff you listed but the itinerary would be meaningless without the boarding passes or passport stamps. You've got the stamps, some photos and a marriage certificate. Good to go at this stage.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Great question! i'm also preparing this part of my petition. I have phone bills, passport stamps of my trip, and a lease from our apartment in the country (for 6 months). Do you think a join bank account is super necessary?

Timeline

Great question! i'm also preparing this part of my petition. I have phone bills, passport stamps of my trip, and a lease from our apartment in the country (for 6 months). Do you think a join bank account is super necessary?

No, especially if you don't have one.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Well, I was thinking of getting one just in case!? worth the extra effort?

Depends on the effort. I wouldn't go to any great expense or delay filing to do so. If it's convenient, go for it before filing or before the interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Oh, so it may not be of importance now for the I-130, but more so, for the interview later on?

Thanks again!

It's only meaningful if it actually shows some meaningful level of co-mingling of finances. Most couples in the spouse visa process don't have joint bank accounts until they're both in the USA.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

I wouldnt worry about the bank account until the removal of conditions....most people havent been married long enough to have a joint account as in some countries it is hard to get (I know we couldnt have done it in the PI) and US most likely wont do it without a SSN. Just worry about what is required like Pushbrk says...keep it simple.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.