Amby

Proposed Ohio Abortion Ban Hinges on Heartbeat

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

its very risky to have a child with someone so closely related because it causes gene mutations

- No one is talking about having children, the question was about James marrying his father or sister. Having the potential to do something harmful is

- As you well know there are a lot of conditions women are hampered with that rules out child birth for health reasons... does Big Gov forbid these women from marrying?

-Whether the State recognizes a marriage or not has no bearing on the sexual relationship and offspring which might be the product of it..... I'll defer to your knowledge on this point but I doubt, a father and son could produce many children any way.

- Naturally these laws concerning incest are both for health and morality reasons.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It is ironic that of my many doctor and pharmacist friends, most of them right-wingers and opposed to evil government regulations, none of them advocate for regulations to be abolished that pertain to the prescribing and dispensing of medications, requirements for training and licensure to practice, etc. I am sure this is the case for others as well, they only see the issue of regulation in terms of how it helps or hurts their own bottom line. They don't give much thought to the long-term consequences to society for de-regulation of business, etc.

In many countries (including Russia where your fiancee is from) you can get antibiotics and other "prescription meds" without a prescription. You can just go to a pharmacy and ask for it. If you think you know better than your doctor, why should the government protect you from your own stupidity (or wisdom as the case may very well be)?

There is no force in the universe strong enough to protect people from their own stupidity.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

In many countries (including Russia where your fiancee is from) you can get antibiotics and other "prescription meds" without a prescription. You can just go to a pharmacy and ask for it. If you think you know better than your doctor, why should the government protect you from your own stupidity (or wisdom as the case may very well be)?

There is no force in the universe strong enough to protect people from their own stupidity.

What meds do you think you need? :P

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know, I did just that on my first trip to Russia when I developed a sinus infection. Maybe we should stop regulating the safety of food, abolish water purity standards, leave road safety up to whatever local authorities want. End OSHA, let employers work it out with employees. The list goes on and on. Right wingers call it the nanny state! I am all for making the rules relevant and they need to be revised and improved constantly. But I think it IS a legitimate function of government to regulate these things for the safety and well-being of the populace. As long as democratic elections and a truly representative government are in place, I don't have the paranoia of some on the right that we live under big government tyranny.

There could also be a case made though for protecting the common good re antibiotic use. I dont want antibiotic resistant bacteria to make anyone I know incurably sick because fcking idiots dose themselves with antibiotics at every sneeze. I'm more in favor of letting losers freely inject themselves with heroin or smoke as much pot as they want without govt intrusion than I am of some of the morons I come across in my daily work having full access to any antibiotic they want. Resistance is serious business, and actually pretty damn scary.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Yeah, after I read sinclair's the jungle, I was a vegetarian for six years after that.

I know, I did just that on my first trip to Russia when I developed a sinus infection. Maybe we should stop regulating the safety of food, abolish water purity standards, leave road safety up to whatever local authorities want. End OSHA, let employers work it out with employees. The list goes on and on. Right wingers call it the nanny state! I am all for making the rules relevant and they need to be revised and improved constantly. But I think it IS a legitimate function of government to regulate these things for the safety and well-being of the populace. As long as democratic elections and a truly representative government are in place, I don't have the paranoia of some on the right that we live under big government tyranny.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps