13 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, i just want some answers bout my concerns.. i already filed my AOS and i have an RFE, USCIS is asking my I-94 which i already sent them. i sent them the departure slip, coz my arrival slip took by the officer, and we called the Portland, Oregon( my POE) about it and they said, they took the arrival slip coz they really have to, its their job to take it. and also the officer said, as long as u have the stamp on ur departure slip you are good. and i also have my passport stamped. i was just wondering maybe the USCIS wanted to see my arrival slip together with my departure to have a complete I-94.. but i cannot get it anymore. im so freaking out about this. i dont know what to do..

sis im so sorry to hear that also..you know wat i have problem also to my I-94,my birthday was different in homeland seurity(usics)... sis may i know how did u get the number of your POE?? i want to call also... im sorry if i cannot help you about ur problem.

Present the photocopies of everything including the stamp, and a letter stating that your i-94 was taken at the POE? There is not much you can do at this point.. Have you made an infopass appointment?

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Present the photocopies of everything including the stamp, and a letter stating that your i-94 was taken at the POE? There is not much you can do at this point.. Have you made an infopass appointment?

i'm surpised that they took it....i just want to know if the I-94 that you sent them you did the copy back and forth...departure record in front with admission number and stamped by Homeland Sec and the date you arrived in the US...then at the back is your Alien #? if you have that...that's the only thing you should show to USCIS. so i dunno which part of the I-94 they took from you.

i'm surpised that they took it....i just want to know if the I-94 that you sent them you did the copy back and forth...departure record in front with admission number and stamped by Homeland Sec and the date you arrived in the US...then at the back is your Alien #? if you have that...that's the only thing you should show to USCIS. so i dunno which part of the I-94 they took from you.

they took the arrival slip, but i have the departure slip and it was stapled in my passport. they stamped it but they didnt put my alien number at the back of my departure slip .. my friend also took the arrival slip and left her the departure slip but she havent had a problem with it and she have her green card now..

i gave them my I-94 photocopy(departure slip)back and forth and also photocopy of my passport, visa with stamp.. and if i cant send them the I-94, i need to file Supplement A( people need this if they are not inspected by customs during their POE) and u gotta pay 1000!! isn't it ridiculous?!! i was inspected thats why i have a stamp on my I-94(departure slip) and also my passport..

I don't understand this. This is all you need.

I-94_Redacted.jpg

visa.jpg

Maybe they want the real i-94 and not the photocopy?

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

I don't understand this. This is all you need.

I-94_Redacted.jpg

visa.jpg

Maybe they want the real i-94 and not the photocopy?

sis, thats what i have. but i took it out from the passport in order for them to see the stamp on my passport, coz when they staple it, it covers the stamp on my passport, i also have the stamp on my departure slip.

You have the right copy.. so don't worry.. I'm guessing they lost the copy in your packet... :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

If you have a copy of that white I-94 card front and back, a copy of the entry stamp and a copy of your K-1 visa then you've submitted what they need. Do NOT send the original.

It doesn't matter that you took it out of the passport, mine wasn't even stapled in.

Can you please type exactly what the sentence on the RFE says?

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

If you have a copy of that white I-94 card front and back, a copy of the entry stamp and a copy of your K-1 visa then you've submitted what they need. Do NOT send the original.

It doesn't matter that you took it out of the passport, mine wasn't even stapled in.

Can you please type exactly what the sentence on the RFE says?

alright here's the letter :

Submit one of the following:

1.Evidence of your lawful admission or parole into the United states. Such evidence includes, but is not limited to, Form I-94, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of nonimmigrant visa page of your passport showing admission to the United States.

2. Or, If you last entered the United States without inspection, you must submit evidence of your eligibility for adjustment of status under section 245(i) of the immigration and nationality act(INA). To be eligible for adjustment under 245(i) of INA, you must be beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition or applicant for labor certification filed on or before April 30,2001. Unless not required in the instructions for Supplement A, you must pay the required section 245(i) surcharge fee. The $1,000 surcharge fee must be paid with each application submitted under the provisions of section 245(i) of the Act.

It looks like their either lost it or it fell out of your pack when you sent it in. Just send a copy of front and back, like everyone says, and keep the original just in case. No one has the "arrival slip" because you already arrived. Your case is normal, except that your proof got lost. No biggie :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.