MOandDB

Personal Problems

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did anyone here have any problems with their partners while processing the papers and all that for the visa? It's just that my fiance and I never had any problems in the past, but ever since we started filing for this visa, i feel like our relationship has been strained. i love him so much though, and i'm scared that in the process...well...you know.

just want to know if i'm the only one who's going or gone through this before. thanks!

Did anyone here have any problems with their partners while processing the papers and all that for the visa? It's just that my fiance and I never had any problems in the past, but ever since we started filing for this visa, i feel like our relationship has been strained. i love him so much though, and i'm scared that in the process...well...you know.

just want to know if i'm the only one who's going or gone through this before. thanks!

It's a very stressful process, all the waiting, being apart etc. I dont think there are many couples who sail through without any problems. Just try to think positive and be considerate of each other. Good luck!

USCIS

21.5.10 - NOA1

17.11.10 - NOA2 (there was a hold up due to incorrect information put on forms by our lawyer)

NVC

16.12.10 - All fees paid and everything received at NVC

05.1.11 - SIF and CC for my case only. Get RFE for my 2 sons as lawyer made ANOTHER mistake and made errors on I-864's for the children.

10.1.11 - Corrected I-864's received at NVC via Fedex

14.11.11 - Corrected paperwork entered on system according to AVR

17.1.11 - Medicals done

27.1.11 - My husband calls his senator's office and asks for help to get things moving.

31.1.11 - Finally got SIF for my sons!

01.2.11 - CC (Phoned DOS as NVC shut due to weather and they told me paperwork was completed at NVC on 1st Feb)

10.2.11 - Interview date assigned

15.3.11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

24.3.11 - POE - Dallas, TX

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I really doubt that there are any couples that go through this process who can keep it together the whole time. It gets so frustrating at times...It was the same for my fiance and I, we would fight maybe once a month or not even that, and we would always make up in like 5 minutes. It is easier when you're together. You fight, then you are sorry and you go and kiss your significant other. When you are apart, these stupid little fights become more and more often and last longer. I understand what you are going through, and I bet everyone here does. You are not alone. Just stay strong and remember why you are doing this: IT'S WORTH IT!

0041ss.jpg

event.png

K1 Visa
Nov 16, 2010 - I 129f sent
May 25, 2010 - NOA 2
June 6, 2011 - NVC received our petition
June 7, 2011 - case number assigned, petition sent to US consulate in Bucharest
June 27, 2011 - interview - approved
June 30, 2011 - POE Boston
August 14, 2011 - married

AOS journey
September 30, 2011 - filled for AOS and EAD
October 4, 2011 - NOA1
October 26, 2011 - Biometrics
October 26, 2011 - Case moved to CSC
November 23, 2011 -Email from USCIS - card production
November 28, 2011 - Email from USCIS - I485 approved!!!
November 29, 2011 - Welcome letter in the mail
December 5, 2011 - Green card in the mail - date issued 11/16/2011

Lifting Conditions

September 17, 2013 - Sent application

September 20, 2013 - NOA1

October 11, 2013 - Case moved to CSC

October 18, 2013 - Biometrics

January 3, 2014 - Approved

Timeline

Thank you so much for your replies. I feel better knowing that I'm not alone in feeling this way. It is stressful. I think about him being away from me, the paper works we can't agree on, the thought of not being approved...ugh...

:) but once again, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmm, well I think most of us felt that way too. I agree to what Angelheart1962 said that this whole process is stressful, I felt that when I started preparing our I-129F package. To be honest with you I did most of the paperworks; stayed up late, sneaked from work just to read through the forums, it's like making a thesis in college again. My bf doesn't really have that much patience when it comes to paperworks but he made it clear that he wants us to be together (I guess that's the reason why some couples get a lawyer). Thousand times I told him to read through the forums so just in case I miss out something he can help me, but I guess he'd rather read his "games" forum, spend money on it and procastinate that sometimes made the "waiting" frustrating. Sometimes it makes me feel I'm the only one who's in this whole thing, but when he sent the package he got concerned a bit and I hope it'll get more better. I even told him that if not for him I really don't have plans of settling to the US, I'm settled here in the Philippines so why start from scratch.....but I guess that's how love works.

I think you need to assess what you really feel. There will be a lot of times that you'll be scared, and you have to communicate this with your partner coz he should be the first person to support you in this long journey. There will be tough times but communication is the most effective way to keep this long distance relationship strong. Fellow VJers are also here to support you :) Good luck

You are not alone! There were times we just felt like giving up, but the desire to be together overcame the negative thoughts. You will be surprised how quickly the process will go from here on out.... Just hang in there!!!:thumbs:

Timeline

hmm, well I think most of us felt that way too. I agree to what Angelheart1962 said that this whole process is stressful, I felt that when I started preparing our I-129F package. To be honest with you I did most of the paperworks; stayed up late, sneaked from work just to read through the forums, it's like making a thesis in college again. My bf doesn't really have that much patience when it comes to paperworks but he made it clear that he wants us to be together (I guess that's the reason why some couples get a lawyer). Thousand times I told him to read through the forums so just in case I miss out something he can help me, but I guess he'd rather read his "games" forum, spend money on it and procastinate that sometimes made the "waiting" frustrating. Sometimes it makes me feel I'm the only one who's in this whole thing, but when he sent the package he got concerned a bit and I hope it'll get more better. I even told him that if not for him I really don't have plans of settling to the US, I'm settled here in the Philippines so why start from scratch.....but I guess that's how love works.

I think you need to assess what you really feel. There will be a lot of times that you'll be scared, and you have to communicate this with your partner coz he should be the first person to support you in this long journey. There will be tough times but communication is the most effective way to keep this long distance relationship strong. Fellow VJers are also here to support you :) Good luck

oh wow!!! that is exactly how i feel! i would make him go to this website, because i've been telling him how much i learn from all of you, but he doesn't want to. but as of the moment, we're okay again. don't get me wrong, he does his part, all the time, and i know how much he wants me to be there. it's just that he's not as meticulous as i am.

You are not alone! There were times we just felt like giving up, but the desire to be together overcame the negative thoughts. You will be surprised how quickly the process will go from here on out.... Just hang in there!!!:thumbs:

aaaww...thanks. :) i am. i just hope we don't forget the reason why we are doing this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; I'm going to join the club :whistle: ..

Me and Aaron talked about it on the phone today... We "argue" a bit more than we used to when we are together and before this whole process.

Like other girls on this form, I do research this all way more than he does, which is fine because he is working his bum off :innocent: . However, we talk every day and the more we talk, the more we say that we miss each other. Which make things worse, lol!!

Like today, I was like so annoyed of my lonelyness and being apart from him. Although i have the luxury to visit him every 2 months. But that doesn't mean I don't miss him less than you all do. I'm just saying that being apart is getting old and that you fire your frustration towards each other without the meaning hurting each other.

We all are doubting a lil more than before we started this process. And we girls are showing our emotions way more often than our guys. LOL! Sometimes I'm like crying and screaming when I'm talking to him, and I tell Aaron that I feel the world is about to end spinning. LOL, he tells me to chillax, and not act like a drama queen :rofl: Guys are just not that over-emotional like we are...

But after arguing and talking it out, you'll realize that your love is soooo strong and found the motivation and strength to wait again. Like sometimes, when you feel like crying, you cry and after that, you feel so much better :dance: .

My day, your day, just the BIG DAY will come eventually..

For now, you should read my signature below and you'll feel much better!! :innocent:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Timeline

; I'm going to join the club :whistle: ..

Me and Aaron talked about it on the phone today... We "argue" a bit more than we used to when we are together and before this whole process.

Like other girls on this form, I do research this all way more than he does, which is fine because he is working his bum off :innocent: . However, we talk every day and the more we talk, the more we say that we miss each other. Which make things worse, lol!!

Like today, I was like so annoyed of my lonelyness and being apart from him. Although i have the luxury to visit him every 2 months. But that doesn't mean I don't miss him less than you all do. I'm just saying that being apart is getting old and that you fire your frustration towards each other without the meaning hurting each other.

We all are doubting a lil more than before we started this process. And we girls are showing our emotions way more often than our guys. LOL! Sometimes I'm like crying and screaming when I'm talking to him, and I tell Aaron that I feel the world is about to end spinning. LOL, he tells me to chillax, and not act like a drama queen :rofl: Guys are just not that over-emotional like we are...

But after arguing and talking it out, you'll realize that your love is soooo strong and found the motivation and strength to wait again. Like sometimes, when you feel like crying, you cry and after that, you feel so much better :dance: .

My day, your day, just the BIG DAY will come eventually..

For now, you should read my signature below and you'll feel much better!! :innocent:

aaawww...thanks! :D what you're going through is exactly what i'm going through. but sometimes, i just keep it to myself because i don't want to feel like he's going to regret being with me. it's hard...although we just sorta talked about it just now, so i feel a bit better. :) and reading all of your replies...i feel A LOT better.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

None whatsoever. Elena and I both realize that we are not each other's enemies but instead the victims of the Gestapo wannabees that run the show. And there is simply no way we are going to let them win.

Visa process is really stressful....just be more understanding...I could say its a big trial for both of you, let LOVE prevail within you and your fiancee. There is no such perfect relationship :) Goodluck

Timeline

i am experiencing this stressful fight ryt now.. like i almost want to give up.. i dnt if its part of this process too..lol sometimes i am paranoid like "maybe he was like that coz he dnt want to marry anymore" i have that thought evrytime we fght... :(( and we dnt talk about visa anymore..

faith_love_peace.jpg

My husband and I had weekly meltdowns during the process. Most of it stemmed from me being so upset at being "trapped" in another country, and he felt powerless to help me feel better. Its natural, and it causes problems. All I wanted to do was talk about the "next immigration step" and he wanted to talk about anything else BUT immigration, it became the white elephant in the room and made regular "hi how are you, I love you" conversations strained.

However, that moment of victory when you hear the word "approved" and you go to the post office and pick up your visa makes it ALL go away. And when you finally get to be together, all those silly arguments will just disappear. We sit together now and laugh about how silly it was that we would argue over who should call the NVC and "why didnt you sent the paperwork on MONDAY... instead you wasted 2 days and sent it on WEDNESDAY!!".

Keep your chin up, and try to fight the fight together :) And remember, we are all in the same boat, or were at one point, and will gladly offer a kind word or shoulder to cry on (F)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

The process of the NOA 1 to NOA 2 approval is terribly stressful, months without any notice whatsoever, the need to be apart while the process is ongoing and recently the delays experienced by VSC.... What can I say? (Other than it SUCKS!!)

Right now I haven't seen Daniel since April 1 2010, and to me it feels as if he is a little farther away, I know he loves me, but I think with the long frustrating wait it is a little easier to not talk every day and feel the pain and loneliness. I really am very uncomfortable with having no control and/or knowledge of the process, the doc put me on anti-anxiety meds which really make me a better person to be around at work.

Fortunately we were able to get a tourist visa for Daniel to come visit Texas Feb 14 - Feb 26, and 3 days after we got the visa our NOA 2 came in.

Strangely now that I know we are on track I am having giant jitters. I am 47 and set in my ways.... what was I thinking of? What if Daniel changes his mind, what if he hates it here, what if we don't get along???? What if he has changed in the last 10.5 months?

Logically I know when I see him all these fears will go away, I do know that we love each other, but my whole life is about to change!

I guess my point is, while it is a relief to be over with the NOA 1 wait, there is a new set of stressors afterward. But I guess that is what building a life with another person is like!

2/1980 – foreign exchange student to Santiago Chile

3/80 – Met Daniel at school

4/80 – we became high school sweethearts

2/81 – returned to the USA, Daniel arrived late at the airport to say goodbye

1981 – 2009 - Life happens. We both married others and divorced

7/23/2009 – Daniel found me via classmates.com

9/18/09 – Traveled to Chile to spend time with Daniel

10/09 – engaged!!

11/10/09 – returned to the USA

1/10 – Daniel began gathering his paperwork to start the K1

2/10 – earthquake in Chile delays everything

3/10 – went to Chile for less than a week

6/10 – received Daniels paperwork, started preparing K1

7/10 – K1 refused due to typo

8/12/10 – received NOA1!!

2/2/2011 - Received NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I had few arguments with mine. Actually, contrary to what many of you believe, I kind of liked those arguments. It brought out the tiger out of both of us :)

I feel as if she knows me better now and I know her better. I think :D

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.