hoopy507

Explain this IR1 visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to be such a pain...but I have a question about the IR1 Visa in my wifes passport,,,ok,,,on the Visa it says IV Issue date 12jan2011....then also says IV expires on 09apr2011...she was admitted in chicago and they stamped her passport above the visa and wrote a set of numbers below it.,,.just trying to see what all this means on the actual visa.,.,if someone have a picture of what all the stuff on the visa means it would be a great help...she is here now and I am just curious,,,and how long till she gets her SS card and Green Card is also my concern,,,any help would be welcomed,,,thanks...hoopy...also...IV category is IR1...just seeking some help..thanks...Hoopy

Sorry to be such a pain...but I have a question about the IR1 Visa in my wifes passport,,,ok,,,on the Visa it says IV Issue date 12jan2011....then also says IV expires on 09apr2011...she was admitted in chicago and they stamped her passport above the visa and wrote a set of numbers below it.,,.just trying to see what all this means on the actual visa.,.,if someone have a picture of what all the stuff on the visa means it would be a great help...she is here now and I am just curious,,,and how long till she gets her SS card and Green Card is also my concern,,,any help would be welcomed,,,thanks...hoopy...also...IV category is IR1...just seeking some help..thanks...Hoopy

The set of numbers, if like my wife's, should start with an A and that is her Alien ID number. That number will be on her GC.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

your wife's IV is one-time use visa for her to enter the United States as a lawful permanent resident. As it is written on the annotation, your visa acts as a temporary green card once endorsed at a POE (this is the stamp your wife got on her passport). Upon this point, the visa is no longer used as IR-1 but it is used as a temporary green card that is valid for one year. You can use this to provide the employment authorization or to re-enter U.S.

She should receive her green card in mail within 2-4weeks. If you checked the SSN box on DS230, you should also receive that in mail. Some folks here say that it does not hurt to go visit the SS office and get it there instead.

Edited by tooduhri

USCIS Journey

04/26/2010--Filed our marriage certificate in Seoul, S.Korea

04/30/2010--Wedding ceremony in Seoul, S.Korea

05/25/2010--NOA1

10/21/2010--Touched

10/22/2010--Touched (crossing fingers)

10/21/2010--NOA2 (not updated online didn't know about it until 10/26)

10/26/2010--Received a hard copy

NVC

10/28/2010--Case# assigned/Gave them both of our emails. Emailed DS3032

11/09/2010--AOS invoice generated online

11/09/2010--Paid AOS bill (processing)

11/09/2010--Sent DS3032 via email again

11/11/2010--AOS bill appeared PAID on line

11/12/2010--Received DS3032

11/15/2010--AOS arrived at NVC (according to USPS)

11/15/2010--Emailed DS3032 (this time with the scanned image)

11/17/2010--IV Bill invoice generated and paid. (in process now)

11/18/2010--IV bill showed PAID. awesome!

11/19/2010--Mailed DS230 (Priority mail because of the weekend)

11/22/2010--DS230 Delivered to NVC

12/03/2010--AOS & IV entered into system

12/08/2010--SIF

12/08/2010--Case Completed

Consulate

12/30/2010--Medical exam passed

01/14/2011--Interview - Approved!

01/17/2010--Visa delivered

USA

02/26/2010--POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The IR-1 visa isn't 'single entry, single use' but

the dates printed on it in Guangzhou are the dates she's allowed to

FIRST TRAVEL to the USA.

ONCE she makes it into the USA, there are more stamps in the passport -

and

she's got a TEMP I-551 document stamp there, that validates her VISA to be used as a temporary green card, which,

she can use to:

--travel in and out of USA, for about 1 year

--show up at SSA office, apply for a SSN.

at some point, within 45 days of her POE date, the green card should arrive, unless YOUR address has changed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The IR-1 visa isn't 'single entry, single use' but

the dates printed on it in Guangzhou are the dates she's allowed to

FIRST TRAVEL to the USA.

ONCE she makes it into the USA, there are more stamps in the passport -

and

she's got a TEMP I-551 document stamp there, that validates her VISA to be used as a temporary green card, which,

she can use to:

--travel in and out of USA, for about 1 year

--show up at SSA office, apply for a SSN.

at some point, within 45 days of her POE date, the green card should arrive, unless YOUR address has changed.

Nit picking but yes the CR1 and IR1 are single entry visas. If entering again without the green card, it is the endorsement, not the visa that gets you in and it gets you in EVEN IF the expiration date of the "visa" has passed.good.gif

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, ok - endorsement stampy. Got it, Uncle Pick/Push... no worries (wei - happy new year!)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.