^_^

Bolton: If Mubarak falls in Egypt, Israel should bomb Iran

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Former US Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton said the ouster of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak would speed the timetable for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

"Do you think that the Israelis are going to have to strike — they are going to have to take action?" Fox News Republican opinion host Sean Hannity asked the former ambassador on his radio program Monday.

"As you pointed out, ElBaradei ran cover for the Iranians for all those years that he was with the IAEA. And, I just don’t think the Israelis have much longer to wait… they're going to have to act in fairly short order."

"I think that's right," Bolton responded. "I don't think there’s much time to act. And I think the fall of a Egyptian government committed to the peace agreement will almost certainly speed that timetable up."

Bolton chided the protests in Egypt last week, saying that "the real alternative is not Jefferson democracy versus the Mubarak regime, but that it’s the Muslim Brotherhood versus the Mubarak regime, and that has enormous implications for the US, for Israel, and our other friends in the region."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/bolton-israel-bomb-iran-mubarak-falls/

I don't get it. What's the connection?

If Mubarak's government falls, Israel will have a lot on its plate without Iran.

I think Bolton means that the fall of a Egyptian government committed to the peace agreement will mean an end to the peace agreement. An end to the peace agreement means bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think Bolton means that the fall of a Egyptian government committed to the peace agreement will mean an end to the peace agreement. An end to the peace agreement means bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran.

Israel doesn't have a peace agreement with Iran. They have one with Egypt.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Former US Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton said the ouster of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak would speed the timetable for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

"Do you think that the Israelis are going to have to strike — they are going to have to take action?" Fox News Republican opinion host Sean Hannity asked the former ambassador on his radio program Monday.

"As you pointed out, ElBaradei ran cover for the Iranians for all those years that he was with the IAEA. And, I just don’t think the Israelis have much longer to wait… they're going to have to act in fairly short order."

"I think that's right," Bolton responded. "I don't think there’s much time to act. And I think the fall of a Egyptian government committed to the peace agreement will almost certainly speed that timetable up."

Bolton chided the protests in Egypt last week, saying that "the real alternative is not Jefferson democracy versus the Mubarak regime, but that it’s the Muslim Brotherhood versus the Mubarak regime, and that has enormous implications for the US, for Israel, and our other friends in the region."

My first thought is to all of the Orthodox Christians in Egypt. They are are a fairly large minority of the population, what happens to them if a Islamic theocracy like Iran's is formed?

Israel doesn't have a peace agreement with Iran. They have one with Egypt.

Yes, I think the fear is that if Egypt becomes like Iran (in terms of wanting to see every Jew in the middle east dead) then that may embolden Iran.

My first thought is to all of the Orthodox Christians in Egypt. They are are a fairly large minority of the population, what happens to them if a Islamic theocracy like Iran's is formed?

I am sure the terrorists will want to go after the Jews of Israel first. The Copts will be an afterthought.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Guess.

ikhwaan-logo.jpg

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Sean Hannity = Numpty

John Bolton = Idiot

Whichever way Egypt goes, using the situation as a pretext for launching a pre-emptive strike on Iran would be a hard sell to anyone, including the Israeli people.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png