S and R

When is a short courtship a red flag?

21 posts in this topic

Just a little more patience and you wont need an immigration lawyer. I believe lwayers are really useful for those with legal issues(overstaying a previous visit, criminal record etc...) Anything outside that, hiring a lawayer in my opinion is a waste of money since you will still have to do a lot of things yourself.

Thank you for the assurance. At most I'll hire an immigration lawyer to review our documents before we submit or to act as an agent after the I-130 is filed.

5 months is nothing compare to a lady who were engaged not even a month. :o:P

Just don't be shy to bulk up your evidence and you'll be OK.

Good Luck!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

5 months is nothing compare to a lady who were engaged not even a month. :o:P

Just don't be shy to bulk up your evidence and you'll be OK.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the assurance. I'm collecting the evidence in the meantime.

Thanks for the assurance. I'm collecting the evidence in the meantime.

Your welcome!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the link. I have read the instructions and yes, beneficiary's assets are considered, including the equity in a property. So thats good news, we won't need a co-sponsor by the look of things. I am inclided to using am immigration lawyer at this stage there is just too much to navigate.

Mate....####### using a lawyer....everyone I know who have used one have had problems....HUGE MISTAKE...

Im not too sure what your profession is...but have you considered going down the path of applying for a visa for work....you may be eligible to move here that way...

I wish I had moved over that way...then I wouldnt be sitting here 7 mths now without work....I also had a wonderful well paid job with all the lurks and perks in Australia....and since moving here all my savings have gone...I still havent sold my aussie property...(thanks to brissy floods) and im not used to living without my job status, my nice car, clothes, in a state of not being able to buy what I want....go where I want....you cant even plan nice holidays....and thus far...I cant even go back to Australia due to the K1 visa structure...your stuck in the country until after your married and your employment stuff is approved ...that even means you cannot even go to Canada....

It sucks

Mate....####### using a lawyer....everyone I know who have used one have had problems....HUGE MISTAKE...

Im not too sure what your profession is...but have you considered going down the path of applying for a visa for work....you may be eligible to move here that way...

I wish I had moved over that way...then I wouldnt be sitting here 7 mths now without work....I also had a wonderful well paid job with all the lurks and perks in Australia....and since moving here all my savings have gone...I still havent sold my aussie property...(thanks to brissy floods) and im not used to living without my job status, my nice car, clothes, in a state of not being able to buy what I want....go where I want....you cant even plan nice holidays....and thus far...I cant even go back to Australia due to the K1 visa structure...your stuck in the country until after your married and your employment stuff is approved ...that even means you cannot even go to Canada....

It sucks

My apologies for picking this up this late. How do I get a work visa? It is hard to get a work visa without a sponsor. Even for the E-3. Self-petition is dead with all the unemployment in the US now.

That is one of the reasons for going the CR-1 way and not the K-1 as my fiancee wanted. Like you before, I am quite secure here with Sydney property equity and full time employment. I am a technology professional but still, I'll allow for 6-8 months of unemployment. I haven't ruled out coming back 2-5 months a year to do some contract work fi I cant get a job in the US. I'll get the CR-1 process out of the way first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.